• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
... said:
hahaha

watching brainiac atm

they tried to do this experiment where ppl listen to tapes full of information whilst asleep..to see if they actually do absorb the material

they played the history of football to this chic and after she wakes up, they will ask her a series of questions

and the last questions they asked her was

"Chelsea signed 2 argentinan players this yr, one was Veron, the other a girly haired striker, who?"

she answered, "Alan Shearer"
LoL Alan Shearer would want mo hair on hiz head atm. Oh and he sayz hez gon retire at the end of the season, about time.

johnny_87

HSC
Chelski can buy anyone they want, the only problem is they will have to sell someone, because that many top players don't want to warm the bench.

For example, their general line-up is: Cech, Gallas, Carvalho, Terry, Gallas, Makelele, Essien, Lampard, J Cole, Duff/Robben, Drogba. That leaves Duff/Robben (if fit) on the bench/in the reserves along with players like Bridge, Ferreira, Geremi, SWP, Crespo and Gudjohnsen. If Chelski were to buy Deco, who would make way seeing as Lampard is also an attacking mid? With that being the case, I wouldn't mind seeing Chelski buy him. If Geremi was to be sold, I'm sure Man U would like him (unless Ballack decides on Man U).

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Geremi ain't bad, but hez already spent too much time warmin the bench in the past 2 seasonz so Fergie won't be lookin into him. Oh and Vidic iz about to join Man U very soon.

johnny_87

HSC
Yeh have you seen much of Vidic? I had barely heard about him before the recent transfer speculation. Before that I'd heard his name a few times in reference to the Serbia and Montenegro side that conceded just 1 goal in WC qualifying

johnny_87

HSC
I wonder what Spartak are prepared to let him go for...hopefully no more than 5m pounds.

And which defensive mid will we get? Duscher? Gravesen? de Jong?

And will Ballack change his mind and opt for Man Utd in light of their recent good form in the EPL and Real's awful form?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
They need an enforcer in the middle, somehow i dont thikn Ballack is the answer!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well Vidic's name was being bandied around by Spartak for some outrageous sum between £8m-£11m pounds. If Fergie managed to get him for 4-5m, he'd have done very well for himself. Not having ever seen Spartak or Serbia & Montenegro play, I don't know much about Vidic. For £8m-12m pounds though.. you'd hope that he's damn good :p

Anyway this is another one of those decisions that leads me to believe that Fergie is slowly but surely going out of his gourd. I've heard that United have only something like £10 to spend in January, and they've spent it all on a defender when Alan Smith is clearly not cutting the mustard as Keane's replacement. Very strange.

Ballack is one of the few box to box midfielders left in the world, in the mould of Gerrard or Keane in his early days. Still, just as Gerrard works best with a Hamann, an Alonso or a Sissoko next to him, Ballack would probably probably benefit playing in tandem with a DM. Anyway, isn't he out on a free? If United could snap him up, they could easily find a decent enforcer at a good price as well. According to wikipedia (not the best of sources for football I know), United are being linked to Mascherano for a whopping £25m. If United can bring Ballack and Mascherano for a combined total of £25m though, it'd be a very good summer's spending.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Wit Vidic on hiz way to OT who would be pushed out of the current squad...? Silvestre lookz the most likely candidate, or maybe Fergie may push Ferdinand up to DM like what Ledley King did.

And Wenger suggested he won't go fo Zokora. I did smell that hiz agent waz tryin to push hiz price up. Hopefully now we can snap him up and get Ballack on a free, that'll be a dream summer coup.

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Gers sign Kris Boyd for 500K. I know the club I support may well be a perpetrator of this come January, but its a shame when a small club like Killie get a player with a wee bit of talent, the Old Firm snavell them up for a pittance. Boyd may be shite when he puts on the blue, which would be a terrible shame. For those who are SPL illiterate, hes the reason that Killie are doing well, and is the current top goalscorer in the league. While both Old Firm clubs are linked to other players in Scotland, it is one of the reasons the league has been left to a two horse race since the 80's. Gordie apparently wants Riordian and a few others from Hibs, which would seriously put Hibs chances for second or UEFA cup back. While I want to see the best Celtic team possible, its kinda sad that it might come to the detriment of Hibs and others. Perhaps what I want to see more is competition in the league (and Gers several spots behind us :p). I spose it happens in every league, there are plenty of examples in the EPL.

Shit, look at that for a rant. If you read it, congrats.

i must say i was hapopy earlier this season when the jam-balls...sorry jambos were on top, even at the expense of gers. obviously now i'm not that happy.

yeah of course the same sort of thing happened last season (or was it the season before; i am in a time warp sorry) when scotty parker and luis saha got snapped up by chelsea and man poo respectively. but like youy say it's too another degree north of the border

nedzelic

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Henryz European scorin record ain't that great, while Raul alwayz seemz to perform there. I'm still backin Real to beat the Goonz, surely they must pick up sooner or lata.

Oh and fogot to mention Parkz first goal fo United, good strike. And Sahaz second waz all class.
raul es muerto

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
madabtu said:
man im just hoping liverpool will beat newcastle today!
Can't wait. Newcastle are finally in a bit of form, and with Owen back at anfield.....*drools*

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The Newcastle MF quartet is far too unimaginative to make inroads against the second best back 4 in the league and their defence is the kind that will leak a couple of goals even when they win a game. Shouldn't be a problem for us.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Agreed, although Owen at Anfield is all I'll be watching for. The Newcastle defence is appalling, and like you said, have a pretty bland midfield

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Hey guys, great boxing day matches. Biggest surprise was Villa knocking off the toffees 4-0, jeez they have some issues. And it came just after i wrote Villa off, what timing. Arse manage to get a win, so too do Chelski, and Pool should have won 5-0. Up north, the jambos managed that result, perhaps they might put up a fight for the title. Oh, and Rangers drop another two points.

Theres some big questions that will need to be answered in 2006. The biggest one right now is: who will be the first EPL manager sacked in the new year? I think this ones between Moyes and Souness, but I heard rumblings that McCarthy is also facing questions. A lot of good thatll do, the black cats will still be shite.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuckin Crespo, why doez he alwayz score when I watch em play. Chelsea played shithouse again and won, pissin me off.

Man U won witout breakin sweat really, great to see Rio on the scoresheet again. Brum next, anythin other than 3 pointz iz unacceptable.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nice of O'Leary to deal the Toffees' ego such a massive blow a week before the Reds travel to Goodison. Looking forward to another easy 2-0 or 3-0. We'd better enjoy it while it lasts though, because we do have United, Spurs and Arsenal all coming up pretty soon.

And yes.. spectacular performance from the Reds. If only one of our linking strikers was also a clinical finisher we'd have run away with 4-0 + wins every week for some time.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The only thing lackin in Liverpool now iz the finishin, az it waz highlighted in the CWC final. Well I'm lookin forward to Jan, got big gamez against both the Arse and Pool.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Good ol' round of action. Villa 4-0 / MU 3-0, simply brilliant I reckon. :D. Villa played with considerable conviction; Rio looks very impressive going forward, having scored the 2nd goal and playing a solid part in the 1st. Need more AV/MU combos. that's for sure.

So many sitters went wayward too, watching the highlights show, Yakubu/Scholesy/Drogba/Ljungberg, and a few others that choose to escape me at the moment. And where was the love between L'pool and the Magpies eh. Bowyer went in, like Bowyer does; Garcia chucked a fit at Crouchy; Shearer introduced himself to the maul looking specifically for Stevie G.

Only two more sleeps till the next round of fixtures. Super stuff. :D

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bolton threw away an easy 3 points by getting a draw against the Cats :( aah well, Jaaskelainen had another great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)