The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ytrbut: not sure, I imagine it's a generic bug about 2nd rate of pay on sundays, but cant think of any other department where it would be an issue

Mark-AJ: yeah, that would be normal i would have, even though there might be 4 or 5 around ultimately, there will be one who is officially in charge, otherwise you'd have too many chiefs and not enough indians as well.

lordtopcat: most department managers are salaried, which means they get a fixed rate of pay regardless of how many hours they do, with no penalty rates or overtime, however, these salaried arent fixed at a store level and decided by the regional/area HR people.

conics2008

HSC
townie: wtf r u the woolworths king or something...

I work at woolies xD.. im a long life boy xD...

since your the woolworths king i've got a question to ask, say you applied at nightfil and like the hours u can no longer do, what is the mostly likely outcome ??

greekgun

HSC
conics2008 said:
townie: wtf r u the woolworths king or something...

I work at woolies xD.. im a long life boy xD...

since your the woolworths king i've got a question to ask, say you applied at nightfil and like the hours u can no longer do, what is the mostly likely outcome ??
lol woolworth king.

nice5uy

HSC
hey guys jus wondering is it possible to switch woolworths store such as chesterhill to bankstown?

grobsh

HSC
nice5uy said:
hey guys jus wondering is it possible to switch woolworths store such as chesterhill to bankstown?
ask at c/office for transfer form

conics2008

HSC
hey nice5uy you work at chesterhill... i just quit my job from there =]

so yeh instead of quittin can i transfer ??

nice5uy

HSC
y u chu quit 4 chesterhill dey r extremely nice ppl oppose to other woolworths i know

dm4n

HSC
Hi, i recently started working for woolies and i have had regular shifts for the first two weeks but they havent called me for the past 7 days

is this unusual? :confused:

HSC
townie said:
Mark-AJ: yeah, that would be normal i would have, even though there might be 4 or 5 around ultimately, there will be one who is officially in charge, otherwise you'd have too many chiefs and not enough indians as well.
This used to be a big problem in my store, not so much anymore though.

Harry778

HSC
We re-opened on Monday after that black out. We would have re-opened earlier, but later the next morning when I was doing open on smoke-shop NONE of the registers would turn on. So I rang IT and they came like 2 hours after we where ment to open and he says to the Supervisor
'They're all fried...most likely it happened when the lighting hit'

Meaning they all blew up pretty much.

After that me and the Supervisor where like :jaw:
Coz he says...'yep...need all new registers, that will take about a week to refit them all!!!
So everyone went home...we have lost soooo much money, I got the joy of telling the customers 'Sorry, not opening for another week or so' Coz they where lining up out side getting angry at like 9.30 (we open at 7)

It's been really fun, but now we're open again :(

conics2008

HSC
nice5uy said:
y u chu quit 4 chesterhill dey r extremely nice ppl oppose to other woolworths i know
yeh i know everybody is good there but the hours is just not suttin my parents like im doing nightfill and asked them i can no longer do nightfill soo i quit...

I just hope they find me another place within the store b4 i hand in my quittin letter...

but in the meantime im just lookin 4 new job.. what do u do ??

nicollette

HSC
Just got offered a PPT after 2 months, but all the shifts are self-serve (I loatheeeee self-serve, having recurring shifts everyday of the week at SS does not do you any good) so is there any way I can negotiate some of the times (Fri 4:30-7:30; Sat 3:30-8:30) and shifts to be changed to registers instead of SS?

tmavg

HSC
im reading thru a few of the posts here
seems woolies getting bak to ppl are TWO MONTHS is a common thing?!!?
WTH?!? ud prob alredy be in another job...

HSC
nicollette said:
Just got offered a PPT after 2 months, but all the shifts are self-serve (I loatheeeee self-serve, having recurring shifts everyday of the week at SS does not do you any good) so is there any way I can negotiate some of the times (Fri 4:30-7:30; Sat 3:30-8:30) and shifts to be changed to registers instead of SS?
I reckon that you'd be able to. Just approach the service manager and ask them.

HSC
tmavg said:
im reading thru a few of the posts here
seems woolies getting bak to ppl are TWO MONTHS is a common thing?!!?
WTH?!? ud prob alredy be in another job...
It is common, but not always.
I was given an interview a day after I applied.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
babikakez said:
My store manager has now guaranteed us minimum 10 operators, plus 1 smokeshop and 2 supervisors on Sundays between 11 and 4 (our peak trading times).
This is excellent. Last sunday we had two supervisors and five operators (no smokeshop operator). Much improved, but I don't know where he's going to take this from the budget.
wow thats amazing!
It means the manager must have an at least vague understanding of customer service... a dream for us.

aah query, i'm a casual and will be transferring in feb/march to a metropolitan store. Do transferees get first priority? are they guaranteed a position no matter what or just parachuted in ahead of newbies?

danberg

HSC
We have no self-serve and I'm hoping it stays that way (despite us having a refurb coming up)- it sounds like such a boring job

nice5uy

HSC
Jus looking at some threads nightfill assistants get paid heaps like 18-20 bucks an hour but im on $13, am i getting ripped off ? btw im 19 yrs old

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)