The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
seems they've probably decided that they will put you on PPT, but havent actually made that official yet to capitalise on casual availibililty over X-mas/NYE, untill you sign a sheet with your roster, your not technically PPT, unless they want you to be, if that makes sense....once u sign the roster sheet, then there's no disputing your status.

HSC
wiccanchilde said:
Ergh, young kids annoy the hell out of me.
Ours complain that they dont get enough hours, and then call in sick every weekend hungover. Wonder why you dont get offered more than 4 hours a week? There are perhaps 4 or 5 who don't, the rest are unreliable and suck.

*end rant*
I completely agree.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
@Meow-says-kitty: I'm working boxing day, only in the morning though. Doing 6-10 shift coz 'ive gotta bbq going on, on friday.

@Mitch- As far as I know, my store doesn't have a bakery counter. And I don't live in QLD ;). Store location is Western Sydney.

Gonna be doing 38 hours next week though.
5-2pm on Monday
5-3pm on Wednesday
6-10am on Friday
10-8pm on Saturday
6-3pm on sunday.

And i've got 6-4pm 2morrow. Let the lack of sleep, begin.

HSC
My hours were cut for next week, thank god. They were kinda unreasonable before.

Tues: 4.30-9.30
Wed: 8.30-6.30
Fri: 9.00-5.30
Sat: 8-12
Sun: 9-5.30

Happier with this roster now.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
babikakez said:
My hours were cut for next week, thank god. They were kinda unreasonable before.

Tues: 4.30-9.30
Wed: 8.30-6.30
Fri: 9.00-5.30
Sat: 8-12
Sun: 9-5.30

Happier with this roster now.
lol. your roster doesn't seem that bad. =/

At least you don't have to go to work at 5am

yobob

HSC
Was wondering what is Grocery? Is it longlife?

I got put on Boxing Day, not sure if its good or bad. Really wanted to go shopping.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
You can refuse to work boxing day.

My hours this week

Tuesday 6am - 5pm
Wednesday 5am - 1pm / 3pm - 10pm
Friday 6am - 5pm
Saturday 6am - 5pm

Unlike most people, I am looking forward to Xmas week :) I prefer to be kept busy rather than it being so quiet all the time.

Black Heart

HSC
Ok I work on Christmas Eve (replacing some chick that can't work anymore)
and I work from 4:30 - 9:30... tell me now... how busy is it going to be? :mad1:

greekgun

HSC
Black Heart said:
Ok I work on Christmas Eve (replacing some chick that can't work anymore)
and I work from 4:30 - 9:30... tell me now... how busy is it going to be? :mad1:
ur fucked. Last year on xmas eve, it was busy as hell, and the customers kept on coming until 12 at night. But thankfully there were like 10 registers open which kinda helped get rid of the customers.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
bahaha, they backflipped on boxing day in my store, not open anymore

HSC
Same here Townie. I'm so happy, not that I was doing it, but its just not fair and its the principle of the whole thing lol...

Only doing 3 days next week YAY so happy

rasengan90

HSC
Working cash office 10 hours on Chtistmas eve, that is going to be pretty damn busy.

mitch179

HSC
rasengan90 said:
Working cash office 10 hours on Chtistmas eve, that is going to be pretty damn busy.
I think I'd rather work cash office on a day like Christmas Eve, rather than registers, or anywhere else in the store. No customers working in cash office :D

Roga

HSC
I'm in longlife....

Tuesday 10am-7pm
Wednesday 10am-7pm

Saturday 10am-6pm
Sunday 12pm-6pm

Not looking forward to Xmas eve, can't move the cages through the aisles!

nicollette

HSC
ekul444 said:
oh, im trying to convince the manager to make me a self-serve supervisor- what dont you like about it???
It requires alot of patience on my part, it really is mind-boggling how stupid some people can be when trying to use a self-serve checkout and then they get all shitty at me when I'm trying to help them. Its not that hard to wait till the light turns green, remove your bag, wait a tad then keep scanning your shit you dumbfucks. Then when I'll try explain to them why the machine is going spaz, they think I'm being condescending and won't accept my help, which means they continue not using it properly which aggravates them further, then usually start kicking the machine, storm off and leave there items on the checkouts.

The nerve of some people I swear, but you do get those really lovely people who are willing and grateful to be helped and ironically those people are usually the ones who get out quicker than the angry, impatient ones. Thats what I don't like about it, I'd much rather registers to it anyday :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)