The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

bensneddon

HSC
People Planner: Where to get?
Townie, only a few people *should* have access to copies of SOE software. People Planner was rolled out before my time with the company, but with some of the recent software releases, the RITIC's (regional IT implementation coordinator) have been given copies.

Even if you managed to get a copy of People Planner, you'd still need to get a copy of a database from your store (or spend lots of time creating your own!)

Let me know if you do get a copy - wouldn't mind it myself.

edit: actually, i seem to recall there is a way to backup the People Planner database to CD??? hmm can't quite remember - it's been a long time since I was an office cashier. I'll have a look at work later on.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
Operators should aim to be at least above 12, the average for our store hovers around the 14-16 mark, but a lot depends on whether you have SCO's (decreased scan rate) and liquor (increases - i've had scan rates of 38 working in liquor sometimes)
Each store has a target scanning rate, which is on the SMS report. Target scanning rate is linked to how many hours your store has allocated to scanning items for customers, and how many items are forecasted to go through the front end each day. Average target scanning rate is normally around 15 items/min.

Liquor operators should be getting 60 items/min, because of the low number of items per sale and look up menus.

SCO doesn't affect operator scanning rates as SCO scanning rate goes under the SCO operator ID's 801, 802, 803 - 819. However, SCO does affect the store's average scanning rate which is submitted in the IM e-form weekly.

Hope that makes sense... i'm tired!

Last edited:

M.johnson

HSC
N/A
hey guys, really need some advice, because I REALLY NEED THIS JOB. I aint studying and i need some sort of income to live LOL.

Ive been invited for a group interview (at the burwood plaza supermarket) for the position of "Longlife assistant". I was wondering if you guys can enlighten me about what kind of questions they will ask and what activties will be happening, and if there is anything i can work on.

Isnt longlife assistant the same as a nightfill assistant. Btw the hours are 5am-9am :(

anyhelp much appreciated. really really need this job. I am overly a nervous and shy person, which is way im freaking out.

Thank you

Ralph28

HSC
hey guys, really need some advice, because I REALLY NEED THIS JOB. I aint studying and i need some sort of income to live LOL.

Ive been invited for a group interview (at the burwood plaza supermarket) for the position of "Longlife assistant". I was wondering if you guys can enlighten me about what kind of questions they will ask and what activties will be happening, and if there is anything i can work on.

Isnt longlife assistant the same as a nightfill assistant. Btw the hours are 5am-9am :(

anyhelp much appreciated. really really need this job. I am overly a nervous and shy person, which is way im freaking out.

Thank you

Woolworths hires anyone who can spell their name wrong on their centerlink application, if you can spell it right your considered company gold.
but seriously,
you'll be fine
every one gets nervous and they see and know that
They will do a very simple number 'matching' work sheet which helps them determine if your dyslexic or you can't read barcodes
Also there is a brief speaking task where you have to talk to the group (of about 7-10) about random stuff. i stuff this one up and i've now been with them for 2yrs.
I also saw a post on the first page of this thread which goes through the entire hiring process. read it!

have fun

Starfire

HSC
Hi ppl
Last week I got told I had the job as service cashier at the woolies I wanted.
The SM told me she couldn't get me into the induction for that coming Saturday and that she would call me sometime this week about booking me into this Saturdays induction. She gave me an employee pack with the super, pay/account details and TFN declaration forms which I filled in and took back yesterday.
I still haven't heard from her about the induction...how long is it normally from when you get told you have the job to when you do your induction?
If I don't get in this Sat it won't be next Sat cause of easter so that would mean it would be 3 weeks I have been waiting for my induction.
Is this normal? What should I do about it?:confused:

greekgun

HSC
^ Dunno the time period it takes to organise groups of trainees and assign them to an induction time but it should take that long...maybe their waiting for some more people to fill out the forms and bring it back to them before they run the induction so they can save time by doing the induction with u all.
But u should call if u think that they should have called u by now.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
^ Dunno the time period it takes to organise groups of trainees and assign them to an induction time but it should take that long...maybe their waiting for some more people to fill out the forms and bring it back to them before they run the induction so they can save time by doing the induction with u all.
But u should call if u think that they should have called u by now.
Happened to me when i applied for service assistant. As soon as they sent me the online-induction and papers to fill in. I finished it like the next day, and a week later she still hadn't called me. So i called her up and she told me that many of the other new-employees still haven't finished their online-induction and stuff. She said she will call me asap when everyone else finished theirs and we can all do the store induction together.

sipplix

HSC
I work at a Safeway in Melbourne. Won't say where, but you might have heard of it.
Leaving soon hopefully.

I have a short story:

I was working a 7:00am - 12:00pm Saturday morning shift, and the 1IC (who everyone HATES) walks in. Tells me I'm not doing my job right, something about not having to work hard, but smart.

Here's how it went...

1IC: G'day cunt faces'
3IC: What did you just call us?
Me: Cunt faces
3IC: I thought so *walks over to PA* did you hear that ******?
******: Sure did. 1IC (who i wont name) report to general office please.
1IC: wtf?

3 days later we had a new 1IC.

3IC had a little recorder in his pocket that was wired to the duty managers(******) phone. Turns out they had been trying to catch 1IC and his foul mouth for 3 years :haha:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I work at a Safeway in Melbourne. Won't say where, but you might have heard of it.
Leaving soon hopefully.

I have a short story:

I was working a 7:00am - 12:00pm Saturday morning shift, and the 1IC (who everyone HATES) walks in. Tells me I'm not doing my job right, something about not having to work hard, but smart.

Here's how it went...

1IC: G'day cunt faces'
3IC: What did you just call us?
Me: Cunt faces
3IC: I thought so *walks over to PA* did you hear that ******?
******: Sure did. 1IC (who i wont name) report to general office please.
1IC: wtf?

3 days later we had a new 1IC.

3IC had a little recorder in his pocket that was wired to the duty managers(******) phone. Turns out they had been trying to catch 1IC and his foul mouth for 3 years :haha:
would of smashed the 1IC in the face.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
o rly? u can with the coles ones...infact with coles u can get 2 discount cards: 1 for the worker and one for the secondary user.
You don't get a second one if your casual. But if you're PPT, you can get a second one.

Nothing major happens. They just confiscate it. It happened to me once, and then someone handed it back, thinking i just left it behind. haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)