The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Evolution2006

HSC
hey guys, question about Annual Leave, I'm thinking of putting in for annual leave for 2 weeks, Ive got 280Hrs Left that i can use, just wondering how much leave Loading will i get for them 2 weeks

Thanks

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys, I'vr got cashier training tommorow for about for horus and then again the next dsy ('Phase 3) and I'm coming down with a bit of a cold (not that abd now, jstu really soar throat - can't see myself saying 'Hi, how are you?' for four hours) and wondering if it would be alright to try and reschedule - would I make a abd impression? And who should I contact? The woman who emailed me my 'Youve been successful for a job' email? I'm going to be training at Clarinda (but working at Oakleigh).

Hoping someone can give me advice on who to call, if I should call and so on. bit nervous =/

danberg

HSC
Hey guys, I'vr got cashier training tommorow for about for horus and then again the next dsy ('Phase 3) and I'm coming down with a bit of a cold (not that abd now, jstu really soar throat - can't see myself saying 'Hi, how are you?' for four hours) and wondering if it would be alright to try and reschedule - would I make a abd impression? And who should I contact? The woman who emailed me my 'Youve been successful for a job' email? I'm going to be training at Clarinda (but working at Oakleigh).

Hoping someone can give me advice on who to call, if I should call and so on. bit nervous =/
for my cashier training i didnt serve any customers, never said 'hi, how are you?' depends how sick u r i guess, but im sure they'll have more sessions- just call the one who emailed u.

Tragesty

HSC
I've prepared an email to her so if i wake up tommorow feeling worse to email ehr straight away, but even if they can reschedule my Departmen specific Induction, my first shift on on Thursday. So I'm puzzled as to what to do; if this cold/flu (whatever it is!) worsens, I don't know what to do.

Harry778

HSC
You guys must live in a special area.

I never have that problem at work. I heart our checkout staff. Except the old bitch who starts yelling at me and telling her customers that she's going to sack me if i haven't answered her bell in under thirty seconds.
At my old store I never had anything like I do now! Everyone at my old store were just more professional. Most of them could figure things out them selves, the only time I would hear a bell was for a price check and to do a spot check. No it's EVERY LITTLE THING at my new one. The other day, I had to do a register investigation sheet. So I got the SSM to come and do an 'Official Spot Check' with me and she goes "How do I count a draw"? I felt like saying ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Prettttty sure you have to CSM to be a SSM? Even office cashiers should know this. She fucked it up twice so I had to do it. Sometimes when I'm operating the 2IC will say "Can you come and help me with this" and she ALWAYS asks me to help her watch the floor. They're all fully spastic I swear!
LACK OF TRAINING!!!

HSC
I've prepared an email to her so if i wake up tommorow feeling worse to email ehr straight away, but even if they can reschedule my Departmen specific Induction, my first shift on on Thursday. So I'm puzzled as to what to do; if this cold/flu (whatever it is!) worsens, I don't know what to do.
Maybe call the store that you're doing your training at and let them know that you are sick. By Phase 3 training its at store level, not HR.

HSC

I couldn't attend my cashier training because I had school camp. They didn't reschedule it for me, I just went straight into working at my store, but they did supervise me directly for about 3 shifts because I hadn't done the training prior.
You should probably let the HR person who sent you the email know if you won't be able to make it.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Maybe call the store that you're doing your training at and let them know that you are sick. By Phase 3 training its at store level, not HR.
Really? Pretty sure we have no store-level training. Training for staff of all the stores in our area (cept for the ones down the coast) is done at our store by the HR staff.

Then you just go to work.

Tragesty

HSC
What do you guys do in Induction/Traininga at cashier for 4 hours? If you don't actually serve people, I'll probably be fine (no throat straining greeting people). And for those interested, I've got two training periods at Clarinda before stating my first shift at Oakleigh. I assume the first 4 hour training is checkout (as the woman at Induction told me so) and the next day, the four hours is Deli training.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Really? Pretty sure we have no store-level training. Training for staff of all the stores in our area (cept for the ones down the coast) is done at our store by the HR staff.

Then you just go to work.
training has been majorly overhauled, and Phase III training is supposed to be 4 hour buddy shift at an absolute minimum, and directly supervised by the department manager (from what i understand)

the_don

HSC
hey guys re: that selfserve topic a couple of pages back the Workstation is called RAP dunno what it stands for but its all NCR software tailored for woolies also ther is a new program comming out designed by woolworths/ ingenico ( the people who make our EFT Pinpads) there is a whole 70 something page user manual on store net and beleve me it looks like crap

Tragesty

HSC
Well I decided to cancel the two 4 hour shifts of cashier training after finding out I have a fever. Now I guess I just have to wait to get better. Best cure for cold/flu is time, after all. But with my first Deli shift on Thursday, I hope I get better in time.

I'm heading to the doctors tomorrow to get my throat checked (thats the main symptom) and hopefully get a certificate from him for the last few days (for school, anyway). If he says to take the day off work come Thursday at the Deli, and I do, can the managers do something negative effecting my job (cut my shifts, issue a warning etc.), even if I have a certificate?

I'm a casual employee, so I'm really confused as to what they can do to my job (before its even started) for staying home because I think I would be a health risk to those around me. Whats the deal with casual employees? I think I remember the Induction woman stating if its two consecutive days, to bring a doctor's certificate, but what if it's one day? I'm not even sure when my next shift is after Thursday.

Man I need help =/

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it costs $800 to train a new employee, trust me, they arent going to fire your right away for not coming in due to sickness.

if you have a doctors certificate, bring it in, it isnt going to hurt, and if you dont know when ur next shit is call the office cashier/department manager

Roy9

HSC
How long until Woolies start recruiting again? I need a job, lol

ekul444

HSC
N/A
ther is a new program comming out designed by woolworths/ ingenico ( the people who make our EFT Pinpads) there is a whole 70 something page user manual on store net and beleve me it looks like crap
is the main layout dark green? if so, ive used it before at a store. perhaps it was a pilot store??
do you know when the rollout of this software begins?

Last edited:

the_don

HSC
yeah the one with the dark green background the ones in WA must be pilot stores becasue we are getting it soon, in the next week or so but im in region 10.1 so other stores might allready have it

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
Let me just say that you are all so lucky you have a job at Woolworths!

The job market out there is tough, no one is hiring, not even Woolies and Coles, at least not me! :cry:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Has anyone heard any info about the new store opening in Glenorie? I've been checking out wowcareers and so far I've only seen jobs offered for trade qualified people...both my sister and I have been checking daily. Finding out info is hard externally, so I'm hoping there's some gossip internally? The shop is still under construction, rumoured to be complete in October.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)