The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
We've got this thing every hour that we send over a chime on the PA...

Me: So, what the hell does that shit mean?
Supervisor: Ummm.... it's this new thing we have to do
Me: .... Go on
Supervisor: Well, every time you hear it, you stop, look around you for anything that could be unsafe to you, your colleagues or customers
Me: So... We are only allowed common sense once every hour??
Supervisor: Exactly.
lol. I can just imagine going into that Woolworths when the chime goes off and all the employees just stop. it'd be like one of those freeze things like they did in Sydney a while back.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hey so the Qantas Club thing reminds me... I'm going full time from January to April, whereupon I resign forevs.. what kind of cool things can I get for being full time, in terms of Qantas stuff and discounts n shit?? I always remember reading stuff and it being like "valid for full or part time staff only" but now I aam.

Harry778

HSC
OMGZZ hey everyone!!! Bali is pretty awesome. Only just figured out that the place I'm staying at has an internet cafe! =D It's so hot here..lol.

How is everyone going? So not missing Woolworths at the moment hahaha.

Lol when I'm supervising I ask the people I like what register they want to be on. And then get them to do jobs. For some reason we're always over staffed so sometimes they only serve a couple customers in a 4-5 hour shift. (This is Re to previous posts) Also, I can only do this depending on who is in charge for the day on weeke ends. If SSM or SM are on cant really have people off doing things.
It's always fun when I'm on =D

Hope everyone is goooood!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
OMGZZ hey everyone!!! Bali is pretty awesome. Only just figured out that the place I'm staying at has an internet cafe! =D It's so hot here..lol.

How is everyone going? So not missing Woolworths at the moment hahaha.

Lol when I'm supervising I ask the people I like what register they want to be on. And then get them to do jobs. For some reason we're always over staffed so sometimes they only serve a couple customers in a 4-5 hour shift. (This is Re to previous posts) Also, I can only do this depending on who is in charge for the day on weeke ends. If SSM or SM are on cant really have people off doing things.
It's always fun when I'm on =D

Hope everyone is goooood!
You do sound like a fun Supervisor. Gosh when I was on Checkouts we weren't even allowed to just stand around for even 2 minutes! CSM said if we weren't serving we should be doing our jobs, cleaning etc. When she just stands at the help desk all day shuffling paper.

ALSO...Last week was the first week I was acting Produce Manager.

Last Week sales: 29,280
Week Before: 27,991
Week before: 27,768
Week Before: 28,100

No idea how happy I was :p

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just if anyone was wondering, I just did the Qantas Club membership thing... it's still only $200.

If anyone's interested you call 13 11 31, enter your FF number then #, press 3 then 3. The Scheme number is 7280174

It's such a good deal!!! It would normally be like $775, but for us it's $200 and you can even salary sacrifice it :)
You do have to be a Woolworths employee though, if any randoms try this it won't work, as it's all approved by the company :)
when do we have to do it by? do u reckon it's worth it even if you dont really plan on flying anywhere soon?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I would rather have more hours than less... I'm not sure I understand the last sentence.

So, say I have 35 hours at the supermarket - can I then work whatever I want at the other job? Or only 3 hours? This is my first job(s) so I'm not sure how it even all works.... Sorry if I sound like a fool. :p
Only 3 hours, woolworths policy is not to allow people to work more than 38 hours over ANY two jobs, regardless of whether they are woolworths or not. they also require 10 hours between any two shifts, again, regardless.

langlece

HSC
when do we have to do it by? do u reckon it's worth it even if you dont really plan on flying anywhere soon?
There wasn't a like use-by date on the poster at all. The launch date was the 26th of October and the first 2000 employees to join up get the joining fee completely waived.

If you're not in the first 2000, it's a joining fee of $160 (instead of $370) and an annual membership fee of $200, instead of $405.
So a total of $200 instead of $775 if you get in soon. You also have to be a full time or part time employee and an Aus resident for tax purposes.

It's worth it for me. You get a special check-in that's HEAPS faster, 32kg of luggage instead of 20 and Qantas Club lounge access. So free drinks (inc booze), food, wireless internet, a comfy lounge to wait in, a service desk if you need to change anything and you get told if your flight's delayed.

It's probably worth it even if you don't have travel plans soon. As long as you fly more than like once a year it's worth it. You can bring a guest with you too. I'm flying in a few weeks, which is one of the reasons I got it :)

Otacon2009

HSC
In regards to store layouts, are all Woolworths stores supposed to have the produce section incorporate the deli and bakery section and go lengthways? I notice that in the footage of stores interstate and all but the one I work at, the produce section has the deli and bakery together and it's another aisle. My store has the produce section go horizontally, so it's directly in front of the checkouts, shortening aisles 13-21 to just under half size. It was like that when they did the first round of refitting (The look prior to 2010). Before then, the produce section was located where aisle one is (On the other side of the store where the bakery units are).

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I think the general layout is produce/bakery/deli in the same area, however your store may be an odd shape/have to fit into an odd shopping centre space.

Having said that, my old/soon-to-be-new store is stand alone and has produce stuck right at the rear of the aisles where most stores have their upstanding perishables section, but then again it doesn't have an instore bakery at all.

I got called up to do a shift at another store today, as trolley boy as they were desperate (woolwoths don't have contracted trolley collectors in launie). It was a nice change, even though it was fucking hot, and the supervisors were really fun.

It's in a suburb....of a low socio-economic status.... so I got a couple of fuckwit customers and some total weirdos. They didn't have big bags on their express registers though, which annoyed me, as that's really wasteful.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Well it's naughty and very bad for the environment (because you know, the entire concept of food mass-production is not, but anyway). We always have some dangling over the bag of the little ones, although our registers are weird and can do this.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
In regards to store layouts, are all Woolworths stores supposed to have the produce section incorporate the deli and bakery section and go lengthways? I notice that in the footage of stores interstate and all but the one I work at, the produce section has the deli and bakery together and it's another aisle. My store has the produce section go horizontally, so it's directly in front of the checkouts, shortening aisles 13-21 to just under half size. It was like that when they did the first round of refitting (The look prior to 2010). Before then, the produce section was located where aisle one is (On the other side of the store where the bakery units are).
ok cause i was super bored and needed a break from study i quickly put a shoddy diagram together showing my store's layout. lol
the proportions are actually quite right too... wow thats really sad of me....
haha so enjoy :p
oh btw we are in a shopping centre and we have the 2010 format..

it was too big to upload as a pic so i put into a pdf

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we have a thing of big bags on the last express lane for shit like 2L coke, and cereal, and 3pack toilet tissue and the like, but wont use them otherwise. okay, ima gonna do a store layour for us now

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
my store, proportions are a bit out, not that much space betwen end of registers and start of store

theonemanshow

HSC
Hi, just wondering if it is difficult to transfer between departments during the probation period, and what's the best way to ask for the transfer? Thanks.

lacho95

HSC
Hi, just wondering if it is difficult to transfer between departments during the probation period, and what's the best way to ask for the transfer? Thanks.
Good luck. Ask your SSM.. On the 18th im finishing proabation and im asking to get the hell out of checkouts. I know, it sucks, just wait till probation finishes you'll be alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)