The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We were told a couple of months ago that soon they will be introducing security locks to all slicers, and only the Deli manager and the trained slicers will have the key to operate it. Although knowing the kind of person our Deli Manager is, she'll just leave the key IN the slicer :p

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
that's like us and forklift/electric pallet jack keys, either in the machine or in the storemans desk.. easy sauce!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Or, as in our store, the supervisor spends half the day on express.
Oh gosh yes. I was always drawn by an invisible moral guilt trip to register 15 every time it got busy, but as soon as i did i would regret it instantly as you get customers who ignore the "queue here" sort of operation and you can never leave!

Hence my desperation to always fully man express.

Just called in 12 - 7.15 to get taught how to lock up as duty manager! I'm with the SM until he goes home at four/five and then on my own from five til close. He's putting me in the system and getting me numbers for all the appropriate stuff. Although he's one of those people who do things his own way with disregard or ignorance of procedure, so I think I might double check everything I do with the SSO on Monday, and plus I don't think he knows how to do a pick up, but I'll have to do one at five!?

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Hey Guys,

Straight after my week off, here is my roster:

Monday 7.30-1.30(SCO)
Tuesday 7.30-1.30(SCO)
Wednesday 9-2(Operator)
Friday 7.30-1.30(SCO)
Saturday 8-12(Operator) 12-1(Meal)1-6(SCO)

Now,I haven`t done self-serve open in a couple of months,so Do I have the procedure right? I`m thinking:

1. Put Money in SCO Despensers
2.Sign on Machines
3. Press ATM Monitor -> ATM Reset
4. Print ATM Cash Management Report
5. Turn on Lane Light

However,I`m not sure if I have steps 3 & 4 around the right way?

Thanks Heaps!

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Now,I haven`t done self-serve open in a couple of months,so Do I have the procedure right? I`m thinking:

1. Put Money in SCO Despensers
2.Sign on Machines
3. Press ATM Monitor -> ATM Reset
4. Print ATM Cash Management Report
5. Turn on Lane Light

However,I`m not sure if I have steps 3 & 4 around the right way?

Thanks Heaps!
yep thats all right (and 3&4 ar in right order), however im not sure we have to print the Cash Management Report in the morning... (we print them at night, but I havent opened since WoWPOS SCO so maybe you do it in the morning too...) it wouldnt hurt to i suppose - better to be safe and just do it anyway

Last edited:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
yep thats all right (and 3&4 ar in right order), however im not sure we have to print the Cash Management Report in the morning... (we print them at night, but I havent opened since WoWPOS SCO so maybe you do it in the morning too...) it wouldnt hurt to i suppose - better to be safe and just do it anyway
I know we do have to print the reports. I`ve taken them upstairs before. The last few times I have done SCO Mornings,The Supervisors have done the opening procedure.

Thanks Heaps!

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
however im not sure we have to print the Cash Management Report in the morning... (we print them at night, but I havent opened since WoWPOS SCO so maybe you do it in the morning too...) it wouldnt hurt to i suppose - better to be safe and just do it anyway
I did an open SCO shift last week and was told by my supervisor not to do the Cash Management Report

SS-champion

HSC
Went to a coles store today that had self serve registers. Personally, I found them MUCH easier to operate compared to the ones we have. They were NCR registers, the coins and notes go down below the scanner, and the mechanism for accepting change is different (its like a bowl rather than a slot). Anyway, I actually enjoyed using them. Hope Coles are planning on rolling them out to every store. I've heard that they are still only trialing them...but not sure.
Yeah I also like the Coles self-serve. It's cool how you just throw the coins into the bowl. lol

I'm pretty sure they aren't still trialling them. I've seen them in quite a few new/refurbished stores.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
You don't need to print anything for SCO Open.

All I do is:

- Put money in dispencer

The SCO machines automatically sign themselvs on in the morning, so no need for me to do it

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
So whats my Register ID? Do you need to create one? or is it the same as my clock/on code?
Its just I was thrown on reigisters the other day when the queue started to reach apparel and was given no training? One of the Buisness Managers was on the register next to me and just told me that its pretty easy, just follow the prompts. True BigW style really.

sendreplyfwd

HSC
N/A
I know that box 3 gives access to the supervision privileges, but does anyone know what box 4 gives access too, let alone boxes 5-8.
In our store i remember only a manager or duty manager could authorise a cheque on WOWPOS, normal supervisor numbers didnt work so could be something like that.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, i think level 4 is for certain things, like i think if you tried to reduce something to 1c you'd need manager numbers. I know on the old registers (with the key) u needed a manager number to force a no-sale in the middle of a transaction.

PyroTek

HSC
could be smokeshop? or possibly the ability to open a drawer without having to do a sale or something?
Maybe it used to be used for something, such as RTC's or something?

HSC
Possibly could be smokeshop - I know I was restricted from smokeshop before I became smokeshop operator.

RTC is in sup menu, and everyone can do no sale as long as its not in training mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)