The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

HSC
Studying 30hrs a week is unAustralian. Night before ftw.
certainly is my philosophy, i count the actual effort of going to uni as study. :idea:

OH ALSO GUYS GREAT NEWS. When my 2IC comes back, I've been warned that "in spite of all the great work I've done for the company over the last 5 or so months of 38+ hours/week, and 25-30 hours every week for the couple of YEARS before that, and 2IC relief and everything, because I'm not contracted to anything more than 11 hours, it will be my hours that are most likely to be cut in order to put her 40 hours back in". FUCKING great. :mad:
Don't they have to make your base hours something more like the average of the hours that you've done over the last 12 months? Or am I just deluded?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hahaha is he Asian? Studying 30hrs a week is unAustralian. Night before ftw.
Yes.

Don't they have to make your base hours something more like the average of the hours that you've done over the last 12 months? Or am I just deluded?
Won't be in Bakery. Sup checkouts :mad:
Or groceries or perishables plz plz plz :rolleyes:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Yes.

Won't be in Bakery. Sup checkouts :mad:
Or groceries or perishables plz plz plz :rolleyes:
or deli deli deli? :O

@Whatashotbyseve - so true. i found the whole point of studying becming uselses as i prgressed through uni. couldn't be bothered anymore. lol

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yep, I would be glad to work in perishables or longlife.

or deli deli deli? :O
wasn't wixxy banned from deli yonks ago though?
was she? :S
Well, I was asked to train in another department, and I was more than glad to, and the manager was like "GOOD BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU HERE" and I was like "FUCK OFF I WOULD QUIT BEFORE I EVEN GAVE YOU AN EXCUSE TO FIRE ME" and yeah :p

Though new manager now and I've worked in there since etc.... But I probably would be more keen to get out of fresh food!

danberg

HSC
15000? christ!

took great pleasure in not giving the crap supervisor any super shifts.
especially the ones she's permanently rostered to do, move her 15 minutes later and she's now the operator open shift, not the super shift.
made even better by how the SSM told me not to give her any super because she's crap, and she lost $183 from a register last week. she got written up for that.
lol i wish we could do this.............but.....we can't!
If she's contracted/ permanetly rostered to a shift then surely you cant change that? And won't she still get supervisor rates as contracted even though she's not supervising, and then you're gonna hav to pay the supervisor rates to someone else as well???
Or maybe Safeway's just weird.

Harry778

HSC
Lost my green vest =(

Forced to wear the ones they have under the service desk lol. It was so tight I think I cracked a rib.

Hmmm this sucks! Guessing you cant order them anymore?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
$1500 isnt that bad, from what i remember when i was looking at your stores budgets once harry (i seriously was, i was bored, and our idiot Area Manager used to send us these massive excel tables which had the budgets for EVERY STORE IN THE COUNTRY). It's only a fraction of a % over, if the whole store is under doesnt matter much.

As for OR%, bet it's still fine, we used to always just match budgets, but we usually ran to 123% OR

Harry778

HSC
do you have to wear it when supervising?? Cause our CSM wears it only when its cold lol.
Yeah, I always wear it when supervising..our SSM is really strict about it, dont know why lol. The CSM and 2IC always wear it...even if the CSM is there too, as well as the 2IC..cos I know some stores only have the CSM wear it, but larger ones have both the CSM and 2IC wear it at the same time. Besides week ends, so on sunday when I do open at CSM for the day..I'm the only one thats allowed to wear it, then when I go home, the closing supervisor has to put it on.

ALL according to the SSM. This is what she told us exactly..uptight? Noo

Harry778

HSC
do you have to wear it when supervising?? Cause our CSM wears it only when its cold lol.
$1500 isnt that bad, from what i remember when i was looking at your stores budgets once harry (i seriously was, i was bored, and our idiot Area Manager used to send us these massive excel tables which had the budgets for EVERY STORE IN THE COUNTRY). It's only a fraction of a % over, if the whole store is under doesnt matter much.

As for OR%, bet it's still fine, we used to always just match budgets, but we usually ran to 123% OR
Yeah I was guessing that $1500 wouldnt be that bad for my store. Ohh, my stores budget..bet that was interesting..especially the front end one. Jesus..everyday we're like 2-4 over forecast every hour.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Not really keen on working tomorrow.
But, meh.

Shifts for the rest of my relief should be...
THURSDAY 500-1300
FRIDAY 500-1300
SATURDAY 400-????? (Probably 1600) - mgr
SUNDAY 400-????? (Probably 1600) - mgr
MONDAY 500-1200
TUESDAY off
WEDNESDAY 400-????? (Probably 1600) - mgr
THURSDAY off
FRIDAY off
SATURDAY 500-1400
SUNDAY 500-1400

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Lost my green vest =(

Forced to wear the ones they have under the service desk lol. It was so tight I think I cracked a rib.

Hmmm this sucks! Guessing you cant order them anymore?
I don't think you can order them anymore, and I was also under the impression they're not even meant to be worn anymore? We also used to be incredibly anal about them but then they all just vanished one day. Bye bye green vests. Mgmt shirts are coming out in the next few weeks anywayz.

BSammy

HSC
lol i wish we could do this.............but.....we can't!
If she's contracted/ permanetly rostered to a shift then surely you cant change that? And won't she still get supervisor rates as contracted even though she's not supervising, and then you're gonna hav to pay the supervisor rates to someone else as well???
Or maybe Safeway's just weird.

Lol at the moment i'm the only person at my store who can do an even slightly decent front end roster. and i'm not even on front end this month.
If she's not in the labour management programme as a supervisor for any shifts then she doesn't get super rates.
doesn't matter if someone else gets the rates, maybe they will actually earn them :p

and her permanent super shifts start at 6:30 am, just shift them to 6:45 for the operator shift and roster someone else on at 6:30 (i've used the trolley boy to do her super opens lol)

hey, anyone looked at the draft national agreement yet? our information sessions start this week, but i nicked a copy of the draft agreement from the managers office. :p
i think it said no one can do more than 8 hours of register in one shift. not that we have many pure operators who do a longer shift, but still.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
It's been sitting in the lunch room for over a week but it's like the eighth harry potter book so i've barely glanced.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
hey, anyone looked at the draft national agreement yet? our information sessions start this week, but i nicked a copy of the draft agreement from the managers office. :p
i think it said no one can do more than 8 hours of register in one shift. not that we have many pure operators who do a longer shift, but still.
yeah, ive already been to the info session. not a whole lot different for us in WA because we already had most of the extra things you others are picking up. i didnt pay a whole lot of attention tbh because as a casual not alot applied to me.

the things that i did get are:
-the max engagement for casuals is 38 hours (up from 30)

-and you get a 10min tea if you work 4 hours or more (currently have to work more than 4)
-also, you get a second 10min tea if you work 7 hours or more (currently have to work 7.5 or more)

- and one interesting thing (i have the list of major changes they give you here with me)
"the proposed agreement also provides that the period of the rest break shall be exclusive of reasonable walking time"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)