The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
In Bakery whenever I do dumps I enter low dumps on the things that aren't on autostocker. Which is pretty much everything in instore bakery, in proprietary bakery I dump everything correct because its on autostocker.

So for example if I had 30x 20 pack lunch rolls which are $4.25 each I would only put through one so there was only a $4.25 loss. If I put through the 30 there would be a $127.50 loss.

One week before I knew about this dodgy rule I actually dumped everything in instore bakery. Because of that our dumps in bakery alone were over $3000. I was dumping everything in the loose roll cabinet as well, apparently I wasn't suppose to do that. They had to send some ereport explaining why. My bakery manager was so pissed off at me for like 3 weeks. :(

In my store, for whatever reason, they like us to dump off EXACTLY how much is left. Something about increasing awareness in terms of overproducing, and that way it comes up on the instore bakery weekly production sheet with the dump figures for each product, allowing us to be more accurate in the following week's production.
That said, we barely ever dump anything off. It almost all sells at RTC prices. :cool:

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Fuck it's so annoying how it's almost impossible to get your hours over the phone at my store. The following weeks rosters are only sporadically put in the black folder, which, to make matters worse, is never brought down when the 2IC opens, which is all the time as of late. So they just tell you tough luck. And we only have an SSO 3 days a week atm so the chances of catching them are also pretty slim.

HSC
Fuck it's so annoying how it's almost impossible to get your hours over the phone at my store. The following weeks rosters are only sporadically put in the black folder, which, to make matters worse, is never brought down when the 2IC opens, which is all the time as of late. So they just tell you tough luck. And we only have an SSO 3 days a week atm so the chances of catching them are also pretty slim.
Or, they don't bring the rosters down, they only bring the grids. So someone wants their hours over the phone and you have to look through around 16 pages to find every shift they're on - and if its a smokeshop/sup/any other department shift, then you have no hope.

bdude

HSC
Wow, my bosses are pretty good with getting the rosters done on time. They're almost always in the Casuals' Hours folder by thursday morning (probably earlier but I never check before then)

jirwin

HSC
Wow, my bosses are pretty good with getting the rosters done on time. They're almost always in the Casuals' Hours folder by thursday morning (probably earlier but I never check before then)
The old CSM was a bit slow with ours but latest would be Saturday. I always assumed they were meant to be up on Thursdays going by when other departments were up. Usually it was up by Friday afternoon - didn't bother me as I worked most Saturdays so would just get them then.

Our new CSM seems a bit more regular with the rosters. They were done this morning when I called up and the week before they were done by like 3pm Thursday (I assume earlier, I just was at the store at 3pm).

I don't really call up for my hours often in case people tell me the wrong thing - usually try to get the 2IC to tell me them. I'm usually either working or near my store anyway so I just call in and get them. Ours are posted on a notice board in the managers office - the board was out in the 'hall' way but was moved.

Talking about rosters... I decided to go back to TAFE because I was getting like 8hrs a week max with barely any call in's. I was literally just wasting my time, if I wasn't at work then I was bludging at home. So decided TAFE would be more productive. The week I enroll in TAFE, they roster me on for 19hrs and I have to cancel 11 of them! Pretty ironic and annoying. But I got 13hrs next week and all of them are 'ok' shifts.

My shifts for this weekend/next week:

Saturday: 6.30-10.30pm
Sunday: 4.45-8.45pm
Monday: TAFE (1.30-7.30pm)
Tuesday: N/A
Wednesday: 1-6pm
Thursday: TAFE (2.30-9pm)
Friday: TAFE (10.30-3.30pm)
Saturday: 7-10pm
Sunday: 4-9pm

I'm pretty happy but will be interesting how I cope in terms of tiredness considering I've spent most of the past 2 months bludging/sleeping/being lazy. Looking forward to getting into productive mode again though.

bdude

HSC
I don't really call up for my hours often in case people tell me the wrong thing - usually try to get the 2IC to tell me them. I'm usually either working or near my store anyway so I just call in and get them. Ours are posted on a notice board in the managers office - the board was out in the 'hall' way but was moved.
Yeah, usually either I work one day of the weekend or mum does her groceries on the thursday/friday and gets them for me. Ours are just in a folder at the service desk.

PyroTek

HSC
Our CSM once put rosters up on a sunday afternoon... He was grilled for it, never happened again.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Question for WA Employees:

With the WA Public Hol on Monday,does anyone know when our pay goes through? Is it delayed to Thursday,or will it be Tuesday Night/Wednesday?

HSC
Question for WA Employees:

With the WA Public Hol on Monday,does anyone know when our pay goes through? Is it delayed to Thursday,or will it be Tuesday Night/Wednesday?
usually done as normal.

and fuck yes for 9-5.30 supervision on monday! not so much the supervision, more like the 9-5.30 on a public holiday
:p

jirwin

HSC
Yeah, usually either I work one day of the weekend or mum does her groceries on the thursday/friday and gets them for me. Ours are just in a folder at the service desk.
We usually have a copy out the back and one at the service desk. Mum doesn't like shopping at Coles despite the fact she could use my discount. Her reasons are because she doesn't know the store layout and we don't have a Coles Express right next to it, the Woolworths at Warabrook on the other hand has the petrol next door and she knows the store layout pretty well.

Harry778

HSC
Found my green vest than fuck! Lol..it was in my glove box? Guessing the night I went out after work I stuffed it in there. hahaha.

COIN LAUNDRY IS THE BEST SONG!

bdude

HSC
We usually have a copy out the back and one at the service desk. Mum doesn't like shopping at Coles despite the fact she could use my discount. Her reasons are because she doesn't know the store layout and we don't have a Coles Express right next to it, the Woolworths at Warabrook on the other hand has the petrol next door and she knows the store layout pretty well.
That's just past the Industrial Drive turnoff isn't it? I don't recall seeing many Woolworths stores in Newcastle. Seems there were more Coles like in The Junction and Market Town (or is Market Town still a BiLo?)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
That's just past the Industrial Drive turnoff isn't it? I don't recall seeing many Woolworths stores in Newcastle. Seems there were more Coles like in The Junction and Market Town (or is Market Town still a BiLo?)

Hmmm Woolies' in Newcastle....
Glendale, Warabrook, Mt Hutton, Charlestown (I think?), Kotara, Cardiff (Coming soon)... more but I cbf

EVAN162

HSC
Hmmm Woolies' in Newcastle....
Glendale, Warabrook, Mt Hutton, Charlestown (I think?), Kotara, Cardiff (Coming soon)... more but I cbf
And Jesmond! Also, outer Newcastle: Raymond Terrace (two stores there) Green Hills, Maitland, Salamander Bay, Beresfield, and Newcastle City which is coming soon also.

bdude

HSC
And Jesmond! Also, outer Newcastle: Raymond Terrace (two stores there) Green Hills, Maitland, Salamander Bay, Beresfield, and Newcastle City which is coming soon also
Where's the Newcastle City store going?

EDIT: And if you're going to include Maitland, Cessnock should be there as well - birthplace of legends.

Last edited:

EVAN162

HSC
Where's the Newcastle City store going?

EDIT: And if you're going to include Maitland, Cessnock should be there as well - birthplace of legends.
Next to King Street maccas, its gonna be REALLY big apparently. Cessnock of course =D

Mannequin25

HSC
Yeah, there are actually more Woolworths in the newcastle region than Coles =)

Cardif opens May 6th (got pushed back) and the Newcastle West behind King St Maccas opens in October. Its actually going to be the biggest in the region (bigger than GreenHills and Glendale) and its going to be a Woolworths and Big W in one (little bit of info i bet u guys didnt know ;) )

Had such a shit night at work :( Did the supervision close. Havent done one in like 6 weeks cause our ive been doing day relief plus i was at Warabrook for a week. We were absolutly smashed. And there was no one to call for express alerts :( The idiot supervisor who was on during the day (our 2IC had the day off and Service Managers on holidays) cancelled one of my closers cause it was quiet during the day.....when the grids already said we were 2 under forcast between 4 and 9 grrrrrr!!!!!:hammer:

Mannequin25

HSC
COMPLETE LIST OF WOOLWORTHS STORES IN NEWCASTLE (REGION 8 AREA 2/3)

1112 Cessnock
1236 Muswellbrook
1148 Maitland
1164 Singleton
1208 Rutherford
1117 Jesmond
1101 Mayfield
1753 Warabrook
1179 Green Hills :skip:
1369 Beresfield
1344 Toronto
1172 Glendale
1174 Salamander Bay
1245 Raymond Terrace North
1171 Raymond Terrace
1627 Charlestown
1207 Kotara
1165 Mt Hutton
1326 Belmont
Swansea
Cardif (coming soon)
Newcastle West (coming soon)

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
15:00-24:15 as an operator today. FML

Also, heard that my CSM is leaving...although it isn't official yet. She wants me to sign this dodgy as ppt contract, even tho its only temporary. I could end up with a CSM who is even worse. Should I try to renegotiate before she leaves?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
15:00-24:15 as an operator today. FML

Also, heard that my CSM is leaving...although it isn't official yet. She wants me to sign this dodgy as ppt contract, even tho its only temporary. I could end up with a CSM who is even worse. Should I try to renegotiate before she leaves?
Ah crap :(

1500 - 2230 SCO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)