The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

NNS7

HSC
N/A
I swear to God lol, more than 2 posts with word counts/day and I'm reporting you for spam :p
It's for your own good! Banned off bos = more work done = everyone's a winner :rolleyes:

$18K wtf?! Surely it's more like 1.8K and got wildly exaggerated somewhere along the line?!?!
Our STM thought it was bad with one customer who wanted to buy about 5K.... in cash.... TRUE STORY! The things you hear when you sit on your bum in the office waiting for approval from Risk & Safety for further treatment lulz. :cool:
Nope it was 18K, they cleaned them out of everything they had on hand. paid with a card, and yeh, people are in lots of trouble over it. They actually broke federal law or something....

yoddle

is cool
HSC
SURELY, if someone wanted to spend that much money of one type of product front end would contact SM, who would contact SSS, who, if then unsure, would contact someone else. Like, how did that even happen?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
$18k FUCK, and on card too?

I wouldnt dare sell that much of anything on card without first checking with SM and the bank at the least, and preferably area office. and if it was cigs, that is so majorly dodgy.

greekgun

HSC
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the limit on a savings/cheque and credit card $1000 dollars a day?

greekgun

HSC
I'm not sure, I've spent more than $1000 on my credit card in one day, and nothing happened. That was over the internet though. My mum has spent at least $6000 or so in one transaction in person, and that went through too.

But I have had customers get declined and say it is because they have spent too much money that day. But I don't recall whether they were using EFTPOS/debit/credit cards, and don't know whether they were saying that to save face (sometimes I definitely suspect this, haha)
Meh
I was always under the impression that you can only spend up to a limit of 1000 at least on savings. Maybe im wrong.

HSC
I think for savings cards, the limit is $1000. For credit, there's probably a limit as well but it's higher. I thought any transaction over $1000 needs supervisor approval to go ahead? I did that once and the screen flashed up that I needed supervisor approval lol. And $18k on ciggys, that guy'll be dead by the time he finishes going through them. :S

NNS7

HSC
N/A
SURELY if someone cleared you out of every single cigarette pack you had, you'd be suspicious, despite the imminent tax increase? The cheapest cigarettes are still cheaper than the most expensive cigarettes were pre-increase, so neither an expensive cigarette smoker nor a cheap cigarette smoker would get a financial benefit.

And what kind of smoker smokes every single cigarette? They all smell bad to me, but judging by the massive sighs when we're out of stock of somebodies favourite, there is a difference.

The 18k seems too high for a stolen credit card (fair amount of cards wouldn't have a limit that high), unless there was somehow prior knowledge about the limit (maybe a platinum card)- or it was a card stolen off someone known to them. Can you imagine if it declined and they tried putting them back bit by bit?

Also, wouldn't the fraud protection from the bank give the store a call?

It was probably the work of a reseller, and we're not supposed to sell goods for resale! Who doesn't know that? Besides, did the smokeshop person want to tell every single prospective customer for the rest of the night that they were all sold out?
I don't work there so I'm not sure of the exact details, but is was a bunch of Mormons that bought them and they paid on a card (not sure of efpos or credit) they showed up right before close and cleaned them out, and yeh, no one checked with the SM or anyone else, the DM, SS and operator who sold them are all in trouble.... as the rumor goes..... I mean one would think common sense, but alas....

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
I don't work there so I'm not sure of the exact details, but is was a bunch of Mormons that bought them and they paid on a card (not sure of efpos or credit) they showed up right before close and cleaned them out, and yeh, no one checked with the SM or anyone else, the DM, SS and operator who sold them are all in trouble.... as the rumor goes..... I mean one would think common sense, but alas....
I think someone has been pulling your leg. For one, Mormons don't smoke. It's against their religion...as is coffee and any other drug that produces a "high or is addictive".

There is no limit to how much you spend on your credit card per day. It all depends what your actual credit limit is though. $1000 per day is the limit for EFT cards.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I think someone has been pulling your leg. For one, Mormons don't smoke. It's against their religion...as is coffee and any other drug that produces a "high or is addictive".

There is no limit to how much you spend on your credit card per day. It all depends what your actual credit limit is though. $1000 per day is the limit for EFT cards.
I live in a town with one of the highest per capita Exclusive Brethren populations in the country (excluz brevs are very similar to Mormons, and often confused) and yes, while they wouldn't smoke a cigarette in a million years, almost all of them are businesspeople, and very shrewd businesspeople and, if they owned a shop, the idea of cleaning out a Woolworths before the tax increase, to avoid paying wholesale prices the next day, would be exactly something they would do. I am not surprised at all.

HSC
Work roster next week :chainsaw:

Its alright I have twelve hours but still both weekend days :( don't usually both days grr!

MON: 16:00-20:00:spin:
:shoot:SAT: 16:30-20:30
SUN: 10:30-14:30:jump:

I hate my 16:00 starts :( , finish school at 3:20 and don't get home to 3:40 then have to leave by 3:45 to get on time. I miss my 16:00-19:00 shifts!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Work roster next week :chainsaw:

Its alright I have twelve hours but still both weekend days :( don't usually both days grr!

MON: 16:00-20:00:spin:
:shoot:SAT: 16:30-20:30
SUN: 10:30-14:30:jump:

I hate my 16:00 starts :( , finish school at 3:20 and don't get home to 3:40 then have to leave by 3:45 to get on time. I miss my 16:00-19:00 shifts!
be happy, I'm working Wed, thurs, fri, sat & sunday

and re: limit on savings card - You can adjust the limit yourself.

Harry778

HSC
Hey Harry,

Was just taking a look at your photobucket pics and that layout you have done of the Northbridge store is massive! I'm assuming this is your store?

How many express and big checkouts would you have open on a Saturday?
Hey!! Yes thats my store and its quite big lol.

On a saturday we usually have all 8 express open and anywhere from 9-12 latge ones open. But I heard someone saying they're getting rid of two express lanes and just have 6..I think they want more people to use self serve.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
I live in a town with one of the highest per capita Exclusive Brethren populations in the country (excluz brevs are very similar to Mormons, and often confused) and yes, while they wouldn't smoke a cigarette in a million years, almost all of them are businesspeople, and very shrewd businesspeople and, if they owned a shop, the idea of cleaning out a Woolworths before the tax increase, to avoid paying wholesale prices the next day, would be exactly something they would do. I am not surprised at all.
Yeh, that's exactly what it's believed they were doing, they also hit up the woolworths in the same centre and others in the area but were only sold the six carton limit. That particular Big W didn't seem to get the message, appaz the DM at the time was like "well, sales are sales" err not quite.... I bet they're singing a different tune now! lol

HSC
Hey!! Yes thats my store and its quite big lol.

On a saturday we usually have all 8 express open and anywhere from 9-12 latge ones open. But I heard someone saying they're getting rid of two express lanes and just have 6..I think they want more people to use self serve.
WOW!
on a saturday we might have 4 expess and 5 mains open.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I did the store's trading statements this morning... Thursday had us at 30K in ciggies.... and Friday had us at 5.9K :p

I had an odd day... Worked in cash office and spent the day counting the safe, doing change orders and pickups, balancing WPS, flirting with Armaguard :p haha, taking & sending out phone links, on the phone to SSS, doing Trading Statements, exception reports, DGMS, Bakery Stocktake, Mix of Business (with the Daily Average Sales reports), on the phone to IT, fixing the whole fleet of RF units through the config scan/warm reboot/cold reboot process :evilfire:, getting all RF units and workstations sent offline and then rebooting (because they dropped out of IT's network? :cold: ), getting two callouts done from ASG because the meat cabinet's lights smelt like smoke and we had to turn them off, and then again because they'd fixed it and then they tripped the switch, lol, and then at the doctor's!

So... now I am off Tuesday/Wednesday (the SM is giving me the days off as TOIL days), working cash office again on Thursday, and going to the doctor on Thursday to find out WHEN I can go back to work!!!

Last edited:
HSC
I did the store's trading statements this morning... Thursday had us at 30K in ciggies.... and Friday had us at 5.9K :p

I had an odd day... Worked in cash office and spent the day counting the safe, doing change orders and pickups, balancing WPS, flirting with Armaguard :p haha, taking & sending out phone links, on the phone to SSS, doing Trading Statements, exception reports, DGMS, Bakery Stocktake, Mix of Business (with the Daily Average Sales reports), on the phone to IT, fixing the whole fleet of RF units through the config scan/warm reboot/cold reboot process :evilfire:, getting all RF units and workstations sent offline and then rebooting (because they dropped out of IT's network? :cold: ), getting two callouts done from ASG because the meat cabinet's lights smelt like smoke and we had to turn them off, and then again because they'd fixed it and then they tripped the switch, lol, and then at the doctor's!

So... now I am off Tuesday/Wednesday (the SM is giving me the days off as TOIL days), working cash office again on Thursday, and going to the doctor on Thursday to find out WHEN I can go back to work!!!
I wish I'd thought to do a Thursday v Friday comparison.
Sorry if I've missed something obvious, but what have you done to yourself? lol.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Buggered my knee... so, lol, desk duty only >_<
No walking no standing no climbing no kneeling no crouching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)