Umat (1 Viewer)

ishq

brown?
HSC
I worked with the snail - it was moving in a pattern.
The find the middle one were shit!

Ahh..I did NOT like this. Type II Questions: I found 2.

Was it only me who found this extra long? I finished each section on the 10 minutes left with about 20 things circled for rechecking...
And SII was ambiguous! It was always down to two responses which I couldnt choose between!

We had about 1800 kids in the afternoon session at Sydney
Arghh! :(

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
ishq said:
Ahh..I did NOT like this. Type II Questions: I found 2.
Ishq - you did two Type IIs, out of how many - three or four? I don't think you are at a great loss. Don't worry now.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
m111 said:
Newcastle seat 27. Nice to meet you. :D

(I'm with you on the distance thing)
id pay tat ;) ... hi med 2 adelaide.. im pretty good :p

cerebrum

HSC
I'm worried about my mark in the UMAT. I did the UMAT to help me get into University more easily, but now I'm afraid if my mark is bad, it will cause more difficulty in finding a University.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Um... the UMAT doesn't help you get into uni, only health sciences (and for those courses it's a required component). The one that helps you get into uni is the STAT/RET.

Dane-ger

HSC
Lexicographer said:
That is not a word. You are looking for "disoriented".
It IS a word. Either one is correct. I hate it when people get pedantic about language, especially when they are wrong.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No, it is not a word. Just because a lot of ignorant people use it, the monstrosity doesn't suddenly become a word.

And before you think you have won, yes I am aware that it features in some American dictionaries (sadly, even the American Oxford). STILL it is not a word, because American English is riddled with idiocy.

Zali

HSC
Did any 1 here do umat with out doing a prep course? if so how did u find it. I did a med entry 1 and i think it help just by farmiliarising me with the type of questions and being able to do practise tests

bingman

HSC
Zali said:
Did any 1 here do umat with out doing a prep course? if so how did u find it. I did a med entry 1 and i think it help just by farmiliarising me with the type of questions and being able to do practise tests
hey i did the medentry prep course, i thought it helped heaps with the shapes. I swear there was a type ii shape that was in medentry and also that testosterone qusetion was also in medentry.

S1 was so bad. I thought it was okay at first, and then i began to lose concentration. I know i've already made some careless mistakes i.e. the violin one, and also at least 5 or 6 other ones that i had to guess.
That ice cap question was so stupid, i spent so much time just looking for the word "shipping" in the passage cos i thought i missed something when i read it int he asnwers. I ended up picking the one abt reducing CO2 and increasing sea level, which im pretty sure is wrong. I couldnt do most of the questions with percentages and graphs, which ws pretty annoying
btw, did anyone get hte prime number one? if so, was it a b c or d?

S2 was ambiguous, it was so subjective and every option seemed semi-right to me

S3 was okay i guess. I couldnt do some of the find the middle shapes, like that bike one with coloured wheels and the wierd stars. The squence with the numbers in the grid one threw me off too, as well as the one with the quavers and squares and dots.

veridis

droog
HSC
the prime number one was just substiution ie this shape is 2, this shape is 5, this shape is 7 and so on. IIRC i answered c.

the bike one was just the white sections moving from one end to the other. shape and angle were irrelevant as far as i could see

the square and quaver one was pretty hard. took me about 3 mins. the numbers of each just went up then down 0,2,5,11(or 13), 5,2. think the answer was the 5,5 one.

HSC
veridis said:
the square and quaver one was pretty hard. took me about 3 mins. the numbers of each just went up then down 0,2,5,11(or 13), 5,2. think the answer was the 5,5 one.
that question wasn't too bad, the first thing i did when i saw that question was exactly that, write down no. of squares/quavers next to each section. turned out to be somewhat symmetrical, so i assumed 5,5 before looking at the options. so yeah, it must be right :)

HSC
N/A
have you guys sent in your unsw applications?
btw do you get to see teh principal's comment or uai prediction? if so..what did you guys get?

Zali

HSC
yep sent it and saw it. He predicted 98 lol ill b happy with any thing over 90

HSC
i got predicted 96...and yeah as Zali said, i'd also be happy with anything over 90 [but i need >95!!].

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
id pay tat ;) ... hi med 2 adelaide.. im pretty good :p

Hahaha, my pick up line? Who gets action with that?! No, I was replying to Dane-ger but the quote didn't send it seems... haha.

(ps. +Po1ntDeXt3r+, we should talk! :p hahaha)

Actually out of its intended context, it does sound rather strange! :rolleyes:

*ponders other possible "pick up lines" - "Hi, I aspire to cut people open for a living. Say, wanna get together sometime?"*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)