• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

uws is shit (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
LaraB said:
Natstar said - Loneshadow- its actually ok when UWS people call UWS shit, becuase they have actually expereinced it. USYD students have no right saying anything cuz well, they know jack shit dont they

therefore she DID NOT contradict herself - quite obviuosly she is referring to peope calling uws shit

seriously, get over yourself and go find something better to do rather than professing so arrogantly that what you say is fact when you are quite clearly WRONG!
Nah, Nat did not explicitly express in any way, shape or form 2 suggest that she was meant 2 say..."Usyd students know jack shit about UWS"...rather she generalised and said ..."Usyd students know jack shit"...now u can't prove me wrong on that part becuz that is exactly wat she and and exactly the intended meaning.

Yes indeed, everything I say is backed up by facts, when u criticise the vailidity of my responses then I shall stick some facts in ur face and prove U wrong, thus I am not wrong since I back up with facts.

L

LaraB

HerO said:
Nah, Nat did not explicitly express in any way, shape or form 2 suggest that she was meant 2 say..."Usyd students know jack shit about UWS"...rather she generalised and said ..."Usyd students know jack shit"...now u can't prove me wrong on that part becuz that is exactly wat she and and exactly the intended meaning.

Yes indeed, everything I say is backed up by facts, when u criticise the vailidity of my responses then I shall stick some facts in ur face and prove U wrong, thus I am not wrong since I back up with facts.
once again - CONTEXT!! for f*ck sake! if she was just talking about it the sentence before obviously that's what she was referring to!

um - and Natstar - could you tell me what you meant by that post because Hero says (as quoted above) - "that is exactly wat she and and exactly the intended meaning" - i just figure that logically, his assumption as to what you meant isn't right because what ive gathered from your post seems more logical..

that and i never knew Hero could read ur mind....:p

ok - i'll agree that you back up your comment with facts when you actually show me some - all of your so called "facts" are just your own opinions... so i mean, go ahead, prove me wrong.... but a lot of peopel seem to agree with me so i dont see how you plan on doing that...

HerO

Banned
HSC
LaraB said:
and besides you say "that says alot" - ok then., tell me - what does that say? that ur a rep whore who thinks its so valuable? what? coz to me it doesnt mean anything
Yes it does say alot, since repping me suggests that we are starting 2 think on the same line as another and it's a way of showing ur admiration towards wat i had 2 say.

lol I hardly got any reps let alone being a rep whore, but i'm not saying it's valuable or anything, juz that u repped me and that suggests u agreed with me on something. :cool:

HerO

Banned
HSC
LaraB said:
so what, you're telling me that if someone says "oh my god world war three is coming tomorrow!!!!...... It's at greater union cinemas"

and you take "world war three is coming" to be the 'fact' and then go around telling everyone world war 3's 2moro, we're all gonna die, the world's gonna end, you are therefore 100% correct because that was a "fact" in the statement?

seriously, learn the english language before you start criticising and spouting out shit about what is fact or not - clearly CONTEXT!!!!! is equally important as what was said, especially when you take phrases out of sentences and ignore the bit after that says "but", "because" etc...

in other words - just grow up and stop nit picking at little points that, on their own, become irrelevant/nonsensical
Ur accusing me of taking things out of context when u actually juz tooked things way out of context by giving a irrelevant example and juz shows ur incompetence 2 maintain a reasonable argument...and I have never tooked anything out of context, I may juz be picking out important, more relevant bit, I will never leave out bits that are of relevance 2 the topic discussed...and say if i was gonna quote u on the example u have juz given, i would quote from the things i have put in bold rather than taking things out of context :cool:

L

LaraB

HerO said:
Yes it does say alot, since repping me suggests that we are starting 2 think on the same line as another and it's a way of showing ur admiration towards wat i had 2 say.

lol I hardly got any reps let alone being a rep whore, but i'm not saying it's valuable or anything, juz that u repped me and that suggests u agreed with me on something. :cool:
once again - ur taking me argument and repeating it, and then saying im wrong ???

it does not mean i have admiration to what you said, it just meant i agreed with you, and it doesnt mean we're "starting to think on the same line"

all it means is i agreed with one sole point yousaid.

For all you know, they were the only words to ever exit your brain that i agree with - it doesnt mean anything, as it isnt the subject of the argument in this thread.

Obviously, we do not think on teh same line if i have disagreed with every single argument you have raised in this thread

that and i understand logic and language, and evidenced by your arguments and atempts at criticism, you do no t, therefore it is impossible for us to be thinking on teh same wavelength

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
HerO said:
U are full of total crap son. First and foremost I would juz like 2 say that u have juz managed 2 contradict urself. If u originally had agreed to the claim that:

"Facilities facilitate learning since the learning process is somewhat affected by the quality of the facilities made available. Then it would follow that facilities DO make the learning process easier."

Then u disagreed with the statement "Lack of facilities therefore make the learning hard."

Son, u either agree or disagree, no muckin around brother, if u agree that facilities facilitate learning, then it would mean that lack of facilities would make the learning process somewhat harder, even if it's not a big difference.

Wholly Shmolly, is it juz me or does UWS students often contradict themselves. :cool:
it's just you. now STFU.

L

LaraB

HerO said:
Ur accusing me of taking things out of context when u actually juz tooked things way out of context by giving a irrelevant example and juz shows ur incompetence 2 maintain a reasonable argument...and I have never tooked anything out of context, I may juz be picking out important, more relevant bit, I will never leave out bits that are of relevance 2 the topic discussed...and say if i was gonna quote u on the example u have juz given, i would quote from the things i have put in bold rather than taking things out of context :cool:
i was arguing with you on your point of logic, not just the content of your statement, therfore it is not an irrelevant example as it is another example of a thought process and logic alike the one that you have used continually

as i said - yous aying you select "important" bits of converstaion, sure you may think you're doing that, but in the process, you are taking things out of context.
You cannot just select phrases you view as important and judge them without considering the surrounding content as obviously they are relative to one another

obviously if a post i have made is in opposition to a topic you have raised and the entire post is about this topc, all of it is relavant - you cant pick and choose bits that you think are relevant because you have somehow misconsrtued them to support what you say (espec. when they dont support your statement, rather you just misinterpret them)

HerO

Banned
HSC
LaraB said:
which is what i was getting at, until Hero turned it into an argument by saying i was wrong because i contradicted myself even though im 100% sure its impossible to contradict yourself when you've said the same damn thing everytim!
U really have contradicted urself, u know u have, but I know it will take a while 4 it 2 sink in though. Anywayz feck i'll repeat again why u have contradicted urself.

No u haven't said the damn same thing everytime. Since u agree that "facilities facilitate learning" it would without any doubt follow that the lack of those facilities would result in the learning process made harder, even if harder means u can't go and have a piss or chuck a sh*t because UWS have no toilets available, it still made the learning process harder. The mere fact that u agreed to the statement "facilities facilitate learning", then u cannot reasonably argue that the lack of facilities doesn't make learning harder. eg: u cannot say a=b, b=c and "a" doesn't equal 2 "c"...:cool:

Chang

HSC
UWS has toilets in lots of areas. U just need to take your head out of your arse to find them

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
trying to argue with hero is trying to argue with an idiot, in the end he has no idea what you are talking about and its evident, context, implicit, inherent, all these words and so much more are beyond his understanding.

L

LaraB

HerO said:
U really have contradicted urself, u know u have, but I know it will take a while 4 it 2 sink in though. Anywayz feck i'll repeat again why u have contradicted urself.

No u haven't said the damn same thing everytime. Since u agree that "facilities facilitate learning" it would without any doubt follow that the lack of those facilities would result in the learning process made harder, even if harder means u can't go and have a piss or chuck a sh*t because UWS have no toilets available, it still made the learning process harder. The mere fact that u agreed to the statement "facilities facilitate learning", then u cannot reasonably argue that the lack of facilities doesn't make learning harder. eg: u cannot say a=b, b=c and "a" doesn't equal 2 "c"...:cool:
dont talk down at me like im a moron - i explained myself clearly, other peopel agreed with me, thus it would be fair to assume what i said made sense so dont tell me what im thinking coz you dont know what im thinking and dont tell me "it will take a while 4 it 2 sink in" because there is nothing to sink in - i have already explained why what you're are saying yet again is incorrect,,

it is a simple case of grammer - relative terms have a different meaningto absolute terms even if the core word is the same... look i have said this over and over its as simple as2 words - i disagreed with you because you initially said lack of facilities make learning hard and i said not necessarily, it just makes it perhaps not as easy/harder

they are 2 different things!!!!!

as i said before - you changed your argument to agree with my initial statement

so yes - ia hve said the same thing over and over - you ar ethe one who changed your statement - if you still dont b elieve me i will waste space andpost a massive post that consecutively shows each of my posts, then each of your posts, which will clearly show that i followed the same argument the whole way thru and you differed justaa few simple words which as a result meant your argument changed

Angel45

HSC
Lets just all stop arguing. We're all so incredibly lucky to be at university and shouldn't be arguing over which uni is betta - as they are all going to have their good points and bad points - just like highschools do. For lack of a betta example, just like every1 doing their HSC bands together regardless of what school they're from, we should all think of ourselves as uni students and not UWS students or UNSW students.

I don't think employers are as 'uni biased' as every1 seems to think... it all comes down to individual ability. And if we've been at a uni where we've been happy with it and have had a good experience, we'll be betta ppl. for it. It really comes down to whateva floats ur boat - every1 will have different expectations of uni and it's nobody's place to say which view is betta. Generally, as one would expect, we're probably going to think our uni is wonderful, and that's fantastic, we need that patriotic spirit coz it'll make our uni environment much more positive, but that doesn't mean we have to pull other people's unis down!!

Thanks. xox

HerO

Banned
HSC
AsyLum said:
trying to argue with hero is trying to argue with an idiot, in the end he has no idea what you are talking about and its evident, context, implicit, inherent, all these words and so much more are beyond his understanding.
I'm not even gonna reason with u, since ur a retarded fool...

L

LaraB

AsyLum said:
haha i have to say i agree... only reason why im bothering to continue the argument is coz hero's talking down at me like an idiot which really annoys me given i have evidenced evrything i said and oteh rpeople have agreed....

i still didnt get an answer as to what uni Hero goes to so i am assuming it isnt uws and if this is the case, i so wish right now tehre was a way of booting non uws people who only criticise from the uws forum :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)