• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Virginia Tech Shootings (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Dave2007

HSC
I said it was a reason, not an excuse.

And I take my 4-unit-english-off-topic-rant award with pride!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
did anyone notice that in his video he keeps looking down and to his right. i believe he has a script there (after all, he wrote screenplays). It is possibly he lost touch with reality and started scripting his life like a tragedy.

lengy

HSC
Are they going to make it a broadway musical? I want to play him.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
as someone pointed out earlier, he sounded like napoleon dynamite.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I stress at the sight of all Asians at universities these days. Especially those that appear to be talking to themselves.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I stress at the site of all Asians at universities these days. Especially those that appear to be talking to themselves.
It's sight dumbass. And they only appear to be talking to themselves because gooks use echolocation, their eyes are practically useless for seeing.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wheredanton said:
as someone pointed out earlier, he sounded like napoleon dynamite.
hhahahhahahahahhaha as wrong as that is, i cant stop laughing at that comment. he did, too.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Dave2007 said:
Society had given up on him. No-one liked him or talked to him. No-one appreciated his art, they even tried to stop him writing. In all the papers there are little interviews with people from the college and all say the same thing: a slightly weird, isolated kid, that they didn't feel that comfortable being around. No wonder he felt he had nothing to live for.
Yeh. He had bottled up his anger for so long that he had to let it burst and the result was 32 other people dead.

I'm one of those people who blame the campus for the second round of shootings and the suicide. This could've been prevented (but I know that there are people who'll disagree with me). Bad responding, in my opinion.

Once the first two people were killed, VT should've shut down the campus, blocked off the roads and told everyone to go home. An email warning was not enough. The first 2 murders happened before 8 and so surely there were heaps of people either in class or getting ready for class.
Also, 2 hours is more than enough time for the coppers and the choppers to come in and keep everyone safe.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
How does VT shut down their campus in such a short period of time. Also, I don't see why a shooting of 2 people would shut down the entire campus? There was a shooting when I was staying at UNC around the area, but the campus wasn't shut down, nor should it have been. This isn't Australia, this is the US.

bshadrian

HSC
Musk said:
i think due to safety fears you need to ask all the international students if their Korean and what out for their desire to be like Jesus :eek:
im assuming this aint the writer musk ? dont you think that comments just a little bit racist?

Nebuchanezzar said:
awesome addition. May I subscribe to your newsletter?
yeah feel freeb uddy

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
lengy said:
It's sight dumbass. And they only appear to be talking to themselves because gooks use echolocation, their eyes are practically useless for seeing.
:rofl:

circusmind

HSC
Sparcod said:
I'm one of those people who blame the campus for the second round of shootings and the suicide. This could've been prevented (but I know that there are people who'll disagree with me). Bad responding, in my opinion.

Once the first two people were killed, VT should've shut down the campus, blocked off the roads and told everyone to go home. An email warning was not enough. The first 2 murders happened before 8 and so surely there were heaps of people either in class or getting ready for class.
Also, 2 hours is more than enough time for the coppers and the choppers to come in and keep everyone safe.

You realise that this uni is the size of a small town, right? With 30 odd thousand people on campus, a homicide isn't really that mindblowing. I'd love to see you facilitate the evacuation of 30,000 people with no notice.

HSC
lengy said:
Oh shutup. You've blown in now.

The school's safety proceedure after the first two shootings sounds pretty lame. Two people dead, an unidentified gunman loose and class as usual? What the holy mother of fuck.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Taketheatrain said:
Oh shutup. You've blown in now.

The school's safety proceedure after the first two shootings sounds pretty lame. Two people dead, an unidentified gunman loose and class as usual? What the holy mother of fuck.
You know nothing about american uni protocol. This was standard procedure. Shootings like this happen all the fucking time, and it doesnt end with a massacre. They would be stupid to shut down uni for what looked like to be a simple domestic shooting.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Serius said:
You know nothing about american uni protocol. This was standard procedure. Shootings like this happen all the fucking time, and it doesnt end with a massacre. They would be stupid to shut down uni for what looked like to be a simple domestic shooting.
No they don't happen "all the fucking time".

bored6

HSC
Serius said:
lolololol

circusmind

HSC
stazi said:
No they don't happen "all the fucking time".
Wikipedia tells me that the US has 5.5 homicides a year per 100,000 head of population. So a campus the size of VT must see a murder every now and then, no?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, the US does have 5.5 homicides a year per 100,000 people. A university town, however, doesn't see many murders. This isn't the slums of LA we're talking about where gangs fight it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)