what are easy, guilt free ways to become friends with girls at Uni? (1 Viewer)

twistedrebel

HSC
all the guys in this thread need to relax. If you go with a so called "plan" to befriend a girl 9 out of 10 times you ll fail. Also in most cases you normally befriend a chick to get laid, because male friends are usually way more awesome than girl friends. Having a close female friend never works.

So in short you all need to relax and be yourself if you want to a female friend.

SmokedDuck

HSC
Just talk to them? Keep it really simple. The best result from pretty much anything you do in life will come from keeping it simple. The more you think about it the harder it will be.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Don't be a freak, just talk to girls, do whatever you want. If they think you're a freak that's their fault.

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay I've sped read your entire thread so I might have missed this, but so far I've only been reading male responses.

Anyway.. good news is I'm a girl so I could chip in my 2c. I personally mesh better with guys than with other girls just cos I'm a tomboy and geez I'd much rather wear chucks to my own wedding.

In my first year I felt really awkward, but remember that everyone else feels the same. If you're talking about approaching people in O Week, I'd say get involved with clubs that interest you. You meet people through that, and then they might later introduce you to their friends, and so on.

You definitely meet new people in tutorials and you might even be asked to work in groups. That's pretty much where I met most of my friends, and it helped that since we were in first year doing the same course, we were doing the same subs for that sem. That worked because then we could meet up for study group before midsems and such.

For lectures I wouldn't be too wierded out if a random guy sat next to me, unless half the lecture room was empty from the start..

Great topics to talk about would be maybe asking what other subs they're doing, what they're major is, etc. Haha I wouldn't ask anything too personal about them until I got to know them a bit better :p

Asides that, you seem like a really sweet guy. We love you romantic people!

Hmm what else.. on another topic, I'm asian and I prefer Caucasian males but only because I know we can make hot babies :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Go to things that aren't just classes. If you're going to USyd, do shit at Manning Bar. If you're going to UNSW, go to things that ARC organises. For either, invite females in your classes to them and see if they want to bring friends or other people they've met. Bring some of yours if you have any.

Not all social interaction does or needs to end up in sex.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Alright perhaps I should let u guys know how it all turns out then? Is there still any good general advice to be had or perhaps tips on such things as having interesting convos or other sociable ways to interact then I'm all eyes

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Of course tell us how it goes...

And just be friendly and don't be weird. Be polite and don't start treating them like close friends unless you're very, very sure it'll be responded to positively.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Oh but you know those hormones...

I'm pretty sure some people have enough discipline to stop that.
Oh, we all know that Shadowdude is

climbing in your windows
He’s snatchin your people up
Tryna rape em so y’all need to
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz he's rapin errbody out there

/end song

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

climbing in your windows
And hide your husband

/end song
Haha. I'm reading Snow Falling on Cedars atm and he sounds like a character in my book. =P

blackops23

HSC

climbing in your windows
And hide your husband

/end song
Hahaha fking love that song, Antoine Dodson FTW!! (and whoever made the remix...) xD

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

climbing in your windows
And hide your husband

/end song
wat

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Go to things that aren't just classes. If you're going to USyd, do shit at Manning Bar. If you're going to UNSW, go to things that ARC organises. For either, invite females in your classes to them and see if they want to bring friends or other people they've met. Bring some of yours if you have any.

Not all social interaction does or needs to end up in sex.
I found that its pretty easy to go ahead and introduce yourself to chicks in tutes and lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)