What is your motivation? (1 Viewer)

Elke

HSC
This may sound slack, but sadly it is true. Part of my motivation to achieve so well academically is my friends. My stupid friends.And the other idiots at my school. My friends and other people at school who don't really give a shit about school, have absoultely no idea what they want to do after they finish and love to go out to parties and get pissed on the weekends. Like, my friends don't go out every weekend and get pissed, but it seems like every other bozo in my school does. So when my friends have their piss ups, occasionally I go along, (however I don't drink) and see them making absolute fools of themselves and it really makes me stop and think you know, I don't want to be like them, I don't want to be throwing up on my mates lawn at 2 in the morning, I don't want to fail or get less than 80% im my next test, I don't want to be like 30 and working at Coles or on the dole, I want to do something with my life.
Just one look at my drunk moronic mates makes me want to hit the books so hard.

raspberry-sauce

HSC
Well, I know I tend to procrastinate a lot and so making the time to study is hard for me. I've come up with a saying though, that I've even felt tempted to stick on my bedroom wall as a reminder. It's cliche but true. "You'll only get out what you put in!" because I have gone into exams unsure of things, and then the results reflect my poor preparation. It made me really regret putting the studying off, so just plain willpower, I find helps me when I need some motivation and I think to the future when I'm handed the results and I just get an average, or I pass and it makes me feel sad and refretful. I know I'll excel if I stick to my saying.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
raspberry-sauce said:
Well, I know I tend to procrastinate a lot and so making the time to study is hard for me. I've come up with a saying though, that I've even felt tempted to stick on my bedroom wall as a reminder. It's cliche but true. "You'll only get out what you put in!" because I have gone into exams unsure of things, and then the results reflect my poor preparation. It made me really regret putting the studying off, so just plain willpower, I find helps me when I need some motivation and I think to the future when I'm handed the results and I just get an average, or I pass and it makes me feel sad and refretful. I know I'll excel if I stick to my saying.
My results don't usually reflect the amount of effort that I put in, but I get high marks anyway, so that isn't helpful for me. Good saying, I should use it myself. But my procrastination will probably take over, my willpower against procrastination is weak :(

Elke

HSC
Yeah I find little sayings help to motivate me too. I use the one "Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance"

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
There's one up on the wall in a classroom at school:

"When you FAIL to PREPARE,
you PREPARE to FAIL".

HSC
basketcase89 said:

you PREPARE to FAIL".

lol. that sounds state of the art compared to our ones.. for example, "want to become a millionaire, do your homework!"

but yeah, motivational quotes do get to me.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
basketcase89 said:

you PREPARE to FAIL".

Incidently, that's exactly what my friend has written under her nickname on msn.

vizman

HSC
my motivation is THRASHING the **** out of certain people who shall not be named. lol i might have posted this before :rofl:

HSC
vizman said:
my motivation is THRASHING the **** out of certain people who shall not be named. lol i might have posted this before :rofl:
you want to thrash the **** out of the whole state. you don't want to name them all because it is a waste of your time. you are vizman! YOU ARE THE MAN!
/end world destruction programming :)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
FranzFerdinand said:
you want to thrash the **** out of the whole state. you don't want to name them all because it is a waste of your time. you are vizman! YOU ARE THE MAN!
/end world destruction programming :)
k.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
basketcase89 said:

you PREPARE to FAIL".

... ur joking right?

coz thats a line out of my business studies txt book. in financial planning / managment. .. except replace prepare with plan!

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
shinji said:
... ur joking right?

coz thats a line out of my business studies txt book. in financial planning / managment. .. except replace prepare with plan!
I kid you not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)