• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What languages do you speak fluently? (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Gaelic Scottish, Scottish English and Australian English :D
Just out of curiosity, when do you speak Scots? Most Scottish people who don't speak Gaelic would just speak English instead of Scots because of the high familiarity between the two languages, right?

so_what

HSC
Fluently - English, Serbian and Croatian
Can speak conversationally only but understand most - Russian and German
Only know the basics - Spanish and Italian

LonelyWolf

HSC
Just out of curiosity, when do you speak Scots? Most Scottish people who don't speak Gaelic would just speak English instead of Scots because of the high familiarity between the two languages, right?
The two languages do not have any familiarity whatsoever. You do realise that Gaelic is Celtic?

---

Fluent English, Semi Fluent Norwegian, some Danish.

Last edited:

zombies

HSC
English + some Japanese. I can talk with people.. sorta. My jap improves if I spent like extended periods of time in Japan but in Australia I slowly lose the ability because I don't really ever need to speak it. I can understand Japanese better than I can speak it, sometimes I can't get the words out/struggle with past tense and stuff.

jnney

lemon
HSC
English + some Japanese. I can talk with people.. sorta. My jap improves if I spent like extended periods of time in Japan but in Australia I slowly lose the ability because I don't really ever need to speak it. I can understand Japanese better than I can speak it, sometimes I can't get the words out/struggle with past tense and stuff.
hehe, i can introduce myself :D

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mandarin won't be universal anytime soon.
The reason English is almost universal is because of the many economic powers that speak it plus all the colonisation by the British back in da old days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)