Which Selective SChool is best at sport? (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
wuddie said:
may i also comment on the atrocious effort from high's part? they are part of the gps and there is not one sport they manage to be remotely competitive. and even comes to chess (which is not sport) and one would think high has all the sharp people, they still get nailed by comprehensive high schools. the message to all high students and teachers - stop embarassing yourself in the gps and play at your own level.
nah only not competitive in rugby/rowing/tennis everything else is ok, we got the co-premiers for debating as well as premier for chess lol! basketball and soccer was okay as well and we did good in rifle shooting

Anus McLovin

HSC
High is EASILY the best Selective School when it comes to sport. Although everyone seems to be boasting about how good one or two players are, what you don't seem to realise is that EVERY single sport High competes in is a TEAM sport. Even singles Tennis and Chess are played as part of a team.

There might be a couple selective schools that can match high at a few TEAM sports, (i'd say only in Rugby League i.e. Caringbah), but those schools would get absolutely obliterated in EVERY other sport. Those schools are single-sport focused.

High 1sts, Basketball is very strong this year and are Premiership contenders, and High 1sts Cricket are sporting a more experienced outfit, who are undoubtedly the Dark Horses of the 08/09 season. Rowing will probably be a narrow failure, and Tennis may do fairly average.

For the winter season Rugby will produce its share of surprises, Soccer will do well, Volleyball will undboutedly win, Debating will be Premiers (maybe Co-Premiers), Chess will do alright, and Rifle Shooting will dominate.

High has been playing in the GPS comp for over a Century, and for the most part it's been competitive. It's only been since 1997 that High Rugby has gone to the shits, but that's not because High have necessarily become worse, but the GPS comp has improved. Even then, our 16As (As vs As) have had their successes in Rugby this season, edging out Newington, and Matching Grammar play for play.

Sure the number of teams we field in certain sports (Rugby, Cricket) has decreased in part to the influx of Asians unfamiliar with the sports, but i'm sure this is a temporary hinderance, and if the Beijing Olympics are anything to go by, Asians will dominate.

And for those complaining that High Imports, well, the truth there is we have to import one or two per sport, in order to be able to compete with the GPS school's who basically import whole teams (that's you Scots, 1993 Centenary Rugby ring any bells?)

So basically, what i'm saying is the only school that can lay a better claim to being the greatest school OVERALL in Sydney is Grammar, who just happen to have enough funds to fund for everything, hahaha.

SimonLee13

HSC
SBHS rips volleyball- Straight sets win over gps schools?. We suck as mentioned above in tennis/rugby/rowing. We will not do "average" unless we get at least +2 imports for tennis.

Anus McLovin

HSC
For tennis put emphasis on the "may" in "may do average." I'm sure if Mitch Kelly had played Tennis for the last 3 years we'd have been doing a lot better. Instead of his State Tennis skills, he chose to become the biggest Rower in GPS.

chrishello08

HSC
N/A
Generally, Selective schools get pawned in sport in their district. So wouldn't it be a great idea to form a new dsitrict which consists of fully selective schools in Sydney.

If all the selective schools were to compete against one another in every sport, i think manly would own

lionking1191

HSC
chrishello08 said:
Generally, Selective schools get pawned in sport in their district. So wouldn't it be a great idea to form a new dsitrict which consists of fully selective schools in Sydney.

If all the selective schools were to compete against one another in every sport, i think manly would own
we have a random sports school in our district, though the only way you can tell its a sports school is from its name.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
buckyatbaulkohs said:
Swithun Tegjeu; also in year 11 is an avid sporting phenomenon; <11sec 100m sprinter, the next touch footy leader, past rep soccer player.
My school has a kid that runs 11.2 and he is in yr 9.

esstown

HSC
Hagaren said:
so? LOL
if he drops half a second or more of that then come and talk to about it:rofl:

esstown

HSC
Hagaren said:
so? LOL
if he drops half a second or more of that then come and talk to about it:rofl:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha tech rips in my area...

and so ashamed to say it as well. they rip in tennis, cricket and soccer from what i remember.

but back in my day my school was really good at soccer and indoor of which were state champs and i think played interstate as well.

charlesdinio

HSC
Selective schools aside.. Kings OWNS

GPS premiers in rugby, cross country and athletics

not to mention 14 GPS 1sts players, 6 NSW, and 3 Australian.

That shit is un-precedented

charlesdinio

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
i thought we cleared this up
sydney boys for sure
LOL

the 'bye' week, I have such respect for the boys who still rock up after coping 100 points each week

redraw

HSC
Um Sydney Grammar dominated Sydney Boys in every single sport on every single level... funding has nothing to do with it. In everything from rowing to chess, football to rugby, Grammar was leaps and bounds ahead of their Sydney Boys rivals.

esstown

HSC
chrishello08 said:

I dont know about your district but every single sporting team except a few make it to the finals and win every season @ baulko.

youwish said:
finals indicates final 8, they were in the top 2 of the sydney west region and so road tripped to play in the final stage of the knockout tournament
Top 1* We won sydney west touch, top 16 in the state. We went to coffs and lost to the team that finished 2nd overall; they had a felluh named Jason MacGrady, who recently signed to cronulla sharks and was voted best touch player in nsw.

sonnylongbottom said:
Don't think they made touch finals, I was there...
go figure?

timmiejay said:
TheU16's state champs 2008 winning time was 11.77seconds, and 11.17 for U17s, so that Swithun Tegjeu kid could not be running under 11.
pretty sure your wrong buddy. In the rain the winning time ran was 11.08. The guy who came second usually runs a 10.6-7 and he ran an 11.2. So my assumption is your a dickhead. Obviously if its fucking raining im not going to run under 11.

tommykins said:
For a selective school kid, you need to learn about paragraphs. Fuck that's just a wall of text.
you sir are legend:)

youwish said:
baulko wins for sure
we dont win, in fact are far from it, at least I can admit that.
The point of the matter is we are a selective school and no matter what anyone says we focus primarily on the education of our students, and hence don't facilitate sport as much as some schools.

My guess the best sporting high school would be one of the private schools/sports high schools, i hope it would be or the systems failing:hammer:.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Public Selective= Sydney Boys
Private Selective= Sydney Grammar

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
timmiejay said:
ROFL. picky much princess!? I'll remember the name tommykins^^; when the hsc results come out, remind me to rub my english band 6 into your face..make sure you do =p
i hope your expecting him to be listed under tommykins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)