Which Selective School? (1 Viewer)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
considering caringbah has no formal exam requirement and goes soley on a casual interview and reports i think it does very well to come 20th in the state(?)

just do a wiki search

10% get over 99 uai

and 2/3rd get over 95 pretty good imo

the teachers are attrociously incompetent need i remind any other cazbahs of Mrs D from english who conveniently leaves the room every period and comes back after 10 minutes with the cliched excuse of 'the photocopying is not ready'

if i had a dollar for everytime she tripped over the bin outside id be able to buy a footlong sub.

there are also others but its not the teachers that make this school great acedemically, although there are some greats even Mrs D is great sometimes:p the cohort and teachers are binded together like a family during the hsc, that and all the competitive students from hurstville that study their asses off
LOL thats funny shit
you shuold record the teacher tripping over the bin
post it on youtube or sumfin
XDD

maybe you have incompetent teachers as your only in year 9. so ye..its not as important i guess.

well its the competition that im after
i guess traveling 2 hours to caringbah would make it worthwhile

i just got an interview with there principal ftw
lol
gonna be all nerdy when i go
:haha:

the only fears i have now is that:
will the schools degrade the value of my report as im coming from a below average school?

the only reason my co curricular activities are minimal is as there are NO opportunities. Will the schools consider this as a legit reason?
im fairly good at basketball..but my school has no team -.-..and thats only one example

and will my subject selection for year 11 really impact on me getting in the school?

man i ask too many questions
lol
ty people

Last edited:

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Wtf civiletti, how many years have you been outta Caringbah now? Are you an alter account on here?

BTW, another amusing teacher anecdote, I saw Paabo wandering around the maths rooms at top school the other day for no apparent reason. She seemed to change direction regularly, and was pushed around by the little kids in the hall when the bell rang. It reminded me of when u see a little child lost in Miranda Fair, looking all sad and confused.

In summary, Caringbah has great teachers.

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
LOL thats funny shit
you shuold record the teacher tripping over the bin
post it on youtube or sumfin
XDD

maybe you have crap teachers coz your only in year 9. so ye..its not as important i guess.

well its the competition that im after
i guess travelling 2 hours to caringbah would make it worthwhile

i just got an interview with ther principal ftw
lol
gonna be all nerdy when i go
:haha:

the only fears i have now is that:
will the schools degrade the value of my report coz im coming from a crap school?

the only reason my co curricular activities are minimum is coz ther are NO opportunities. Will the schools consider this as a legit reason?
im fairly good at basketball..but my school has no team -.-..and thats only one example

and will my subject selection for year 11 really impact on me getting in the school?

man i ask too many questions
lol
ty people
Wow man.. that's some committment... Seriously 2 hours can make quite a difference in studying ..

duckcowhybrid

HSC
no, just a complex battle between how easily distracted i am and what i expect of myself.
I'm very very easily distracted. After getting my wisdom teeth taken out Friday I have done no work/study. Nil, nada. I'm terrible, but my report also says otherwise, so it's all good. Just give yourself an internet ban and yous hould be sweet. When I actually knuckle down I can go 3-4 hours of study, which is what I plan to do daily these holidays.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
to amogh, if you have commitment, you can make it at caringbah.

if you think you got what it takes to work hard then its definately able to provide a springboard into [insert high paying career]. we pull a 100 UAI every now and then and like others have said, about 2/3 get over 90 UAI, 10% over 99.

the teaching quality is satisfactory, a few duds, but student commitment can compensate mostly. good sport, good atmosphere. its sort of the 'yeah we're top 20 imagine if we actually tried hard in the HSC' kind of atmosphere. if you can self motivate, absolutely go. if you can't, don't expect an amazing competitive environment where you are inspired to go hard every day.

Soniarita

HSC
go caringbah! haha yeh we do have a few dud teachers but remember ms paabo isnt allowed to teach seniors lol so no problems there.

It's probably the most relaxed selective school - good if you really want to do well but hate the whole crazy competitive thing.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Yeah James Ruse is just GOGOGOGOGO NERD RUSH. Fun stuff. We settle our battles in the classroom. And this time, it's personal.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Wtf civiletti, how many years have you been outta Caringbah now? Are you an alter account on here?

BTW, another amusing teacher anecdote, I saw Paabo wandering around the maths rooms at top school the other day for no apparent reason. She seemed to change direction regularly, and was pushed around by the little kids in the hall when the bell rang. It reminded me of when u see a little child lost in Miranda Fair, looking all sad and confused.

In summary, Caringbah has great teachers.
bell's "in summary" sums it all up =||.

omg i actually did work tonight. on english of all subjects. that's mainly aimed at bell153 but hey, thought i'd make it public.

autumn-angel

HSC
I'm sorry, but if you can't scrape a distinction in the UNSW tests (most of which are dead easy), I wouldn't bet on getting in. However, don't let that discourage you, you can always try.
really... dead easy? you must be exaggerated a fair bit there...

MJ13

HSC
I found it unfeasible to go to a selective school.
They are absolutely pointless.

For real dude, i started going to Sydney Boys (selective) in year 10.
dude, the place has changed my life
if you have never been, you speak out of mere ignorace
also, try for sydney boys
we are public school
with public school fees
that play private school sport against the rich schools
i.e. kings, grammar, joeys, riverview shore etc

dude, if you wanna talk, hit me up on a pm

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
For real dude, i started going to Sydney Boys (selective) in year 10.
dude, the place has changed my life
if you have never been, you speak out of mere ignorace
also, try for sydney boys
we are public school
with public school fees
that play private school sport against the rich schools
i.e. kings, grammar, joeys, riverview shore etc

dude, if you wanna talk, hit me up on a pm
public selective: more bang for your buck

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
unlikely. median UAI is over 99.
we all know what the school is about.. any student who somehow blundered their way in without deserving it would probably be 'encouraged to pursue alternative educational paths'

duckcowhybrid

HSC
are there any dumb people at james ruse?
There are no dumb people per se, but there are people that really dont try or dont care and dont do anything at all and get shit UAIs, last year our lowest was 59. Do note that this was an outlier, and every other UAI was in the 90s.

MJ13

HSC
lol. sydney boys will do anything to actually beat another gps school at something apart from academics. the sad thing is that the only time cranbrook actually wins anything is when they play trials against sydney boys.
My lord are you that ignorant?
How would you have any idea how a public school fares against a private school competition that can afford to pump 2 mil into each sport every year?
We came third in basketball this year, smoke volleyball every single year
soccer, is okay -- mid level while sure, rugby and rowing we traditionally arent as good, but that is because we are sport scholars. trust me, every boy that comes out of high has a future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)