Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI? (1 Viewer)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
tommykins said:
Why the hell should it effect YOU if YOU know that it isn't TRUE?
it effects me because society assumes I am one of the many and treats me so, even though that is not the case or "true" if you wanna use that word

e.g. just yesterday at Central Station, some idiot Asian couple waits in front of the train door as it opens and instead of moving aside and letting others off first then getting on, they walk into the crowd and push aside the people wanting to get off and then they kept walking up the stairs without a sorry or anything

and trust me I've seen stuff like that happen all the time, whenever someone's rude in public, I look around and see it was an Asian (mainly hongkies) causing the problem. Also, the other day another idiot couple found 1 seat left in a 2 seater on the train, they actually asked the person already sitting there to move so they can sit down.

It's morons like this that make everyone else look at us like a bunch of cheap, nerdy (you can guess why there) and most importantly RUDE bunch of people.

I personally have been treated like that many times especially when I'm buying stuff, people would be like "nah sorry that's the price" before I even say anything. I dont blame them though, if I was from another race/culture I would stereotype Asians that way too, not because of the media but because I've seen it happen too many times.

Last edited:

WannaBang?

HSC
cbadvanced said:
it effects me because society assumes I am one of the many and treats me so, even though that is not the case or "true" if you wanna use that word

e.g. just yesterday at Central Station, some idiot Asian couple waits in front of the train door as it opens and instead of moving aside and letting others off first then getting on, they walk into the crowd and push aside the people wanting to get off and then they kept walking up the stairs without a sorry or anything

and trust me I've seen stuff like that happen all the time, whenever someone's rude in public, I look around and see it was an Asian (mainly hongkies) causing the problem. Also, the other day another idiot couple found 1 seat left in a 2 seater on the train, they actually asked the person already sitting there to move so they can sit down.

It's morons like this that make everyone else look at us like a bunch of cheap, nerdy (you can guess why there) and most importantly RUDE bunch of people.

I personally have been treated like that many times especially when I'm buying stuff, people would be like "nah sorry that's the price" before I even say anything. I dont blame them though, if I was from another race/culture I would stereotype Asians that way too, not because of the media but because I've seen it happen too many times.
HAHA man, I've got to share something with you. It's absolutely hilarious. Do you know those asian old men in Cabramatta who spit in public? They're absolutely HILARIOUS!

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
'cbadvanced' stop being so hung up on what people think of you. WHO CARES. i get all the stereotypes flung at me as well and do you think i CARE?!??! i really don't. lighten up mate. who cares.

a.Limjoco

HSC
cbadvanced said:

i can see where your coming from I see all that stuff as well. but if you think about it other (i hate saying races) races have their own issues(?) / problems as well. I remember I was working once at Coles at a mall and a group of islanders were hanging around chilling andd the adult chick i was serving was like "that group is making everyone uncomfortable" this made me personally laugh but hell... same goes with white peeps, they can be called for stupid things like always drunk... causing havoc... hardies... etc.. but yeah i can agree with you to an extent.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Mate, "shrugging something off" is easier said than done.
I'm asian, I go to an aussie school in the Shire.

I get racial taunts from random people all the time. Walking to the station - some bgoan goes "tuck your shirt in you chinese cunt". "open ur eyes u slant eyed cunt".

So mate, don't think I've never experienced stereotyped comments, i get them everyday at school (even from school mates) but i know its NOT true so i dont get offended.

4unitfreak

HSC
Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI?
Nope. They're not that bad. But they'd probably do the guilt trip.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i could get a uai of 12 and as long as i was healthy and ok and was going explore other options such as diplomas at tafe and then uni later, my mum wouldnt care.

my dad would probably publicly shame me, but i dont live with him, so, lol

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
WannaBang? said:
A mate of mine told me that if he doesn't achieve a UAI of 95+, he's parents have promised to kick him out of the house and into the garage! NO BULLSHIT! Anybody else with an experience or threatened experience like this?
That's ridiculous...Being kicked out of the house due to a UAI is just sad.

Zephyrio

HSC
tommykins said:
Why the hell should it effect YOU if YOU know that it isn't TRUE?

I find that people that get offended at statements is usually because it is true, one way or another.
Yeah, Jews in Germany were having a great time in the 1930s/early 1940s.

Stereotyping is dangerous. Cronulla is pretty close/in the Shire, right? Classic example. Doesn't matter if stereotypes harm you or not immediately. They're stereotypes, either way.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Yeah, Jews in Germany were having a great time in the 1930s/early 1940s.

Stereotyping is dangerous. Cronulla is pretty close/in the Shire, right? Classic example. Doesn't matter if stereotypes harm you or not immediately. They're stereotypes, either way.
Oh sorry, last time I checked we weren't in the 1940s mate.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
All for something (HSC) that isn't supposed to be a measurement of how smart a person is or how successful they will be in the future but to prepare them for further study and employment.

too bad Asians dont think that, I do think to an extent they reckon 100UAI can get a person laid...

calagain

Banned
HSC
if i had parents that would do this, i would rather kick myself out.

W

WHY???

My Dad would probably do the whole "I pay thousands of dollars for your education" routine, but he would never kick me out purely for a bad mark. I think his disappointment would be enough to piss the hell off me.

WannaBang?

HSC
onlinenooby said:
LMAO Sefton, what a fucking joke.
How is Sefton a joke? Do you go there or have you heard someone talk about the school?

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Who would Actually kick there kid out of home just because of a UAI. I think that is ridiculous. Any loving parent would accept the kid for better or for worse.
owww dear, you've been living in a white society for far too long...

people in Asian have actually set themselves and their entire family on fire infront of the entrance of the examination room before the exams because they just "think" they wont get a good mark and that what they're doing is showing their bravery, trading their lives instead of being ridiculed of getting bad marks

FUCK THAT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)