Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

mrs_missile

HSC
my i feel like the work load is too much with 6 subjects...currently physics is my worst subject...all my subjects are 80% plus only physics is below

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
my i feel like the work load is too much with 6 subjects...currently physics is my worst subject...all my subjects are 80% plus only physics is below
Why is physics not on par? Is it because you dislike it? You don't put enough effort into it? etc etc

Also, how do you manage your time? Maybe you haven't managed your time well enough to provide sufficient effort for physics.

Verify

HSC
General question: do results in Year 11 tend to carry on to Year 12? Has anyone seen huge fluctuations in ranks?

enoilgam

HSC
General question: do results in Year 11 tend to carry on to Year 12? Has anyone seen huge fluctuations in ranks?
It depends on the situation really. When I did my HSC, the ranks didnt change too much, but there were a few who came out of nowhere and some who dropped off.

Verify

HSC
It depends on the situation really. When I did my HSC, the ranks didnt change too much, but there were a few who came out of nowhere and some who dropped off.
What do you think are the reasons why people dropped off once they hit Year 12?

enoilgam

HSC
Poor internal-self monitoring, when people fail to properly pace themselves and/or they dont have a strong motivational base. Usually, that leads to a sudden decline in motivation (I tried really hard not to sound like a douche when making this post, but I wanted to cut things down into a few sentences).

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
In my case:
- Eng --> hell yes, I was 3rd by the end of year 11 for Adv. As for Year 12 - Now I'm like tied 8th (with 7 or 8 other people) so top 15. Might drop even further if I did crap in Hamlet (we'll see next term).
- MX1 --> yes... Tied 32nd atm in Year 12... Was 5th at the end of Year 11... probs my worst subject atm. [Biggest fluctuation]
- Physics --> Was in the rank 30s at the end of Year 11. But in Year 12, was ranked like tied 12th in first assessment and tied 8th in 2nd assessment... probs dropped a bit in 3rd but overall, improved quite a bit since Year 11.
- Economics --> Tied 4th by the end of Year 11.... As for Year 12 - Currently, overall tied 3rd.
- Business Studies --> Was 2nd by the end of Year 11... As for Year 12 - now I'm overall 2nd or maybe 3rd so I've stayed consistent here too.

So yes and no.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Competition gets tougher.

This is probably one of the biggest factors.

People come out of nowhere when they start actually trying.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
2 hours straight not sure if serious can we have it the other way around
I agree, I think 2 hours of study, 15 minute break, and then another 2 hours of study and then another repetition of that sequence during the holidays in year eleven is a bit excessive. Most of us wont even have exams for months, so eight hours a day seems a little bit much. I'd say burning out is a pretty significant reason why people fall from their ranks when it starts to matter and going that full on this early is exactly how you go about doing it. Just a personal opinion though, I'm sure the people who can sustain that level for two years get ridiculously high results for it. I'm only planning on doing about 10 to 15 hours a week though.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
:S thats similar to my business class feels like the whole aim is who can get the teacher of on the longest tangent

ebbygoo

HSC
Yep... Haven't started the eco prepared in class essay next monday or english speech next wednesday...
Figured out I have tomorrow, Thursday to write speech for english, and then weekend for eco. Gunna be a busy week.
Spent holidays studying for 2U trial cause #yolo

Rawkt

HSC
N/A
So, anyone got jersey name suggestions for twins? Our names are Davian and Daniel Liem! :) THANKS

Capo

HSC
So, anyone got jersey name suggestions for twins? Our names are Davian and Daniel Liem! :) THANKS
-D1, D2
-Tic, Tac
-Dumb, Dumber
-Hot, Hotter
-Dim, Sim

Additionally,

Anyone else going all out for yearlies? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)