Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (2 Viewers)

HSC
reading comp & maths - low grey area
abstract reasoning- mid grey area
and then writing was in the white

I do music (flute n vocal) but not at v high levels so idk how the hell they considered me and i got mainly usuallys for my report bc my teachers probably werent fcked to actually think through every students activity in class n look through their hw submissions
damn yeah no offence thats a bit shit😭reading and maths at least. was it like the LOW bottom 15%??

HSC
i just went back to check and i actually got reading in low 50% and maths in high 15% and abstract in mid 50% but doesn't change the fact that my overall mark was still quite shit (it was a bit below the halfway mark in the 50% region)
damn that is fucking dogwater no offence. But yeah, if u look back at the email krangle dearest sent me he was all "just bc ur top 10 %in hast doesnt make u even top 20% of girra applicants" which is bs but whatever.

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Long story short I wrote a letter to St George in regards to reasons why they should review their decision for my unsuccessful application n they sent an email back saying they want to interview me. be thankful that u didn’t see this post before it was edited
Im considering sending one to Fort but will they accept though :\. Should I do the same to Sydney Tech

Sir Jigger II

HSC
There's a cut off date for that so i doubt they'll consider it if u send it now but you could try if u hv good reasons ig
Nevertheless its a good thing u bothered to send a letter. Also how long ago did you send this letter?

Sir Jigger II

HSC
My mother rang tech and they said they are full and wont accept anymore and are not going to send letters of rejection as well she did the same with Girraween may as well send one to Fort Street. Did you send a physical letter or was it an email

Someoneinsyd

HSC
Guys does anyone know why sgghs is like declining...
I'm in yr 9 and I'm thinking of moving to sghs for yr 10 but tbh my semester 2 is like shtt
im getting Bs and like barely any As and 1C cos I suck at science
DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANY SCIENCE TUTORING PLACES PLS

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
I'm in yr 9 and I'm thinking of moving to sghs for yr 10 but tbh my semester 2 is like shtt
Imma be honest, if you’re not doing well in sgg probs not a good idea to go to sg

Sir Jigger II

HSC
DO well in test and get a much better report

Imma be honest, if you’re not doing well in sgg probs not a good idea to go to sg
Valid Point but if you improve then it shouldn't be a bad idea.

Other schools with spots include Fort Street and I think NSGHS has spots for yr 11

weeeeeeeee

HSC
hey guys…i got into manly selective but i’m rlly unsure about going, is it a good school? I currently go to a top 70 school so is it worth moving?

Last edited:

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
hey guys…i got into manly selective but i’m rlly unsure about going, is it a good school? I currently go to a top 70 school so is it worth moving?
Can't speak for the academics but I know some people that go there and they're very nice. They like it there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)