Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (1 Viewer)

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
hey guys…i got into manly selective but i’m rlly unsure about going, is it a good school? I currently go to a top 70 school so is it worth moving?
i got into manly and chose not to go because its not that good anymore. its become closer to a public school in terms of discipline issues. in my opinion choose a more north shore selective school if you can (nsg/nsb, hornsby or normo) or a private school if thats an option

weeeeeeeee

HSC
i got into manly and chose not to go because its not that good anymore. its become closer to a public school in terms of discipline issues. in my opinion choose a more north shore selective school if you can (nsg/nsb, hornsby or normo) or a private school if thats an option
wdym discipline issues?

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
wdym discipline issues?
nothing bad, but just stuff you don’t get at more competitive selective schools (vaping and light drugs) and a little more party culture. a lot less asians proportionally might be the reason for that tho.

Halal_Gamer

HSC
Hi im in year 7 to do hast this year so i can go to penrith next year can you guys tell me about the test and if it is hard also is hast a test or interview

watermelon00F

HSC
hast is a test it happens in the first week of august, it's a challenging test so it's good to study beforehand for it

HSC
Hi im in year 7 to do hast this year so i can go to penrith next year can you guys tell me about the test and if it is hard also is hast a test or interview
HAST is a decently difficult exam and entry from years 8-11 are competitive. Schools usually also have some interview process. If you are looking for some guidance regarding preparation feel free to check us out here : https://boredofstudies.org/threads/...selective-school-from-years-7-to-10-⭐.407047/

HSC
Yes, study a lot, you will definitely need it. Do a lot of past papers, hast is a test, but Penrith might include an interview - Not all schools do.

DiwaykTechie

HSC
N/A
The Year 8-11 Selective Entry Season is approaching fast, I know applicants will be faced with stress and anxiety but let me tell you, that will all come to pass, I will share my own story of transferring between schools in years 8-11.

I was a student at Sydney Boys High School, a so called selective high school that was supposed to cater for scholar-sportsmen. At SBHS, I was poorly taught and received the lowest of marks. I was constantly bullied by my peers and was forced to attend SATURDAY SCHOOL for the sake of SPORT. Overall, I must say all SBHS has shown to me that it's pupils are inherently toxic and there is a very potent bullying culture in the school. All this pressure had left me no choice but to try out for the by far better and evermore prestigious Sydney Technical High School, a prestigious selective high school for academically gifted and talented boys.

The journey to get to Sydney Tech was hard, having being applying from the rubbish SBHS, I had no support whatsoever from my peers or the school SBHS either, I felt like GIVING UP. Yet, I stayed up all night studying and grinding upon how I can GET INTO STHS, I believed that Sydney Boys cannot put me down, my eyes started to go RED but I DID NOT GIVE UP. One day the exam day came, I did the HAST and aced it with full marks and got into the great Sydney Technical High School, a school for academically gifted boys.

Attending Sydney Tech was great and was so much better better than attending Sydney Boys, I used to ace every test and eventually I had become the dux of the school when I graduated, I went on to own 50 LAMBORGHINIS, 60 FERRARIS, 70 ROLLS ROYCES, AND 100 BUGATTIS, Plus 80 mansions. This is what you can achieve by going to Sydney Tech instead of Sydney Boys. #reject sb. I highly recommend to all yr 7-10 techies to not apply for Sydney Boys and for all parents of primary school boys to make their sons apply for Sydney Tech instead of Sydney Boys.

DiwaykTechie

HSC
N/A
The Year 8-11 Selective Entry Season is approaching fast, I know applicants will be faced with stress and anxiety but let me tell you, that will all come to pass, I will share my own story of transferring between schools in years 8-11.

I was a student at Sydney Boys High School, a so called selective high school that was supposed to cater for scholar-sportsmen. At SBHS, I was poorly taught and received the lowest of marks. I was constantly bullied by my peers and was forced to attend SATURDAY SCHOOL for the sake of SPORT. Overall, I must say all SBHS has shown to me that it's pupils are inherently toxic and there is a very potent bullying culture in the school. All this pressure had left me no choice but to try out for the by far better and evermore prestigious Sydney Technical High School, a prestigious selective high school for academically gifted and talented boys.

The journey to get to Sydney Tech was hard, having being applying from the rubbish SBHS, I had no support whatsoever from my peers or the school SBHS either, I felt like GIVING UP. Yet, I stayed up all night studying and grinding upon how I can GET INTO STHS, I believed that Sydney Boys cannot put me down, my eyes started to go RED but I DID NOT GIVE UP. One day the exam day came, I did the HAST and aced it with full marks and got into the great Sydney Technical High School, a school for academically gifted boys.

Attending Sydney Tech was great and was so much better better than attending Sydney Boys, I used to ace every test and eventually I had become the dux of the school when I graduated, I went on to own 50 LAMBORGHINIS, 60 FERRARIS, 70 ROLLS ROYCES, AND 100 BUGATTIS, Plus 80 mansions. This is what you can achieve by going to Sydney Tech instead of Sydney Boys. #reject sb. I highly recommend to all yr 7-10 techies to not apply for Sydney Boys and for all parents of primary school boys to make their sons apply for Sydney Tech instead of Sydney Boys.

Paaandora

HSC

"you are my sunshine lebron" ahh third paragraph

Xanishx

HSC
N/A
Questions regarding selective entry after year 7
Yea um. I did the exam and made 2 out of the three choices. But my parents are making me attend private highschool. So I kinda want to do it again, in hopes of getting into one one of the schools with 200 as their minimum entry score. How do you all suggest I prepare?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

huh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)