Years 9 & 10 2012 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought that without the school certificate, we could relax a bit but it is completely the opposite. They continue to emphasise the fact that our grades for year 10 will go on the ROSA.
Yeah, how does this whole ROSA thing work now? Is it just like a normal school report but your year 10 school grades get added to it?

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Yeah, how does this whole ROSA thing work now? Is it just like a normal school report but your year 10 school grades get added to it?
We were told that you get it when you leave school. It will have the subjects from years 9 and 10 with the grades, year 11 grades and year 12 grades.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
We were told that you get it when you leave school. It will have the subjects from years 9 and 10 with the grades, year 11 grades and year 12 grades.
So your first standardised test across the state is your HSC? Wow. Why does your school keep pushing that then if your tests are no different from your normal half yearlies / yearlies?

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
So your first standardised test across the state is your HSC? Wow. Why does your school keep pushing that then if your tests are no different from your normal half yearlies / yearlies?
Yes it is. Honestly I wanted there to be a school certificate because it would be the first time we have standardised tests. Sure it is useless but we still get the feel of it. They keep pushing it because our grades will be on the ROSA for life :(

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it is. Honestly I wanted there to be a school certificate because it would be the first time we have standardised tests. Sure it is useless but we still get the feel of it. They keep pushing it because our grades will be on the ROSA for life :(
That's true. Oh well, you'll do fine anyway :)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Hello. I am failing maths at the moment and these are my marks:
Topic test 1: 54.5% (5% weighting)
Topic test 2: 15.8% (5% weighting)
Maths assignment: 96% (20% weighting)
Term 1 exam: 43.4% (20% weighting)
Topic test 3: All I know is that it is under 50% for sure (5% weighting)

Can anyone tell me what mark out of 100 I am most likely going to get for my report with my marks? What would I have to get for my semester exam (15% weighting) to get a decent grade? I would appreciate any assistance!

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad

Can anyone tell me what mark out of 100 I am most likely going to get for my report with my marks? What would I have to get for my semester exam (15% weighting) to get a decent grade? I would appreciate any assistance!
52 percent,

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
52 percent,
I am going to get 52/100? Wow, that is bad. What would I need to get for this upcoming exam to get a decent mark? At least I have a C but still that mark is very poor :(

I will update this with my topic test mark to get a better estimate.

kev-

HSC
What'd you have to do for your Maths assignment? Congrats on the mark.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
What'd you have to do for your Maths assignment? Congrats on the mark.
Thanks kev-! I am not sure about your school but our school has the most stupid assignments for maths. The assignment was making a powerpoint presentation on a topic for year 7 students. The average was around 80% so I am very happy with my mark :)

kazemagic

HSC
Thanks kev-! I am not sure about your school but our school has the most stupid assignments for maths. The assignment was making a powerpoint presentation on a topic for year 7 students. The average was around 80% so I am very happy with my mark :)
lolol making teachers life easier by making their students teach

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC

For your semester exam which you have given as a weighting of 15%, I am seriously suggesting you get 100 to up your mark. That is, if you're still determined to get that A which I believe you most certainly still can with effort.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
lolol making teachers life easier by making their students teach
Not necessarily. In the past, I have done two assignments at school where I have had the opportunity to provide a presentation on teaching mathematics to students in the junior school. They do this in order to help in your delivery skills in the later life such as employment. teaching is also a difficult job and it is also good to experience how it feels being one.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
For your semester exam which you have given as a weighting of 15%, I am seriously suggesting you get 100 to up your mark. That is, if you're still determined to get that A which I believe you most certainly still can with effort.
Well the exam is 3 weeks away. I will try my best! :)

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Science test tomorrow! :spzz: WHY am I on this forum!?

sleepybearx

HSC
Isn't the ROSA thing starting from year 10 onwards? and it shows a list of what subjects you did and which subjects you dropped and also your grade too? I don't think it's the year 9 mark... Right?! :S

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
From what I have heard at my school, it is simply a report that shows your internal school results and all the extra curricular stuff you did all during year 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)