Breaking News: Schappelle Corby found guilty! (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Wesnat said:
Don't forget that she DOES have a STRONG motive to commit the crime: her dying father.

I've watched somewhere that the family can't afford the necessary medical treatment. And Corby really loves her father; she picks him up from far away simply because she's worried about him.

This motive explains a few thigs:
1. why she'd be stupid enough to smuggle drugs to Bali

2. Why she's been showing so much emotion - not only will she get in gaol for what she thinks is a good cause, but her hope of her father's recovery is shattered

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I think it was channel 9's Sunday that reported her father's deteriorating health. To me, when it tried to draw pity from the public, the program actually gave away a very strong motive for Corby's crime (if she did commit it).
If what you say is true , then i'd say that just proves that Corby is really guilty

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
why is she stupid enough to put it in such a stupid, stupid place?

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
if she was to sell it in australia, she can hella make alot of money to save her dying father if it was the case.
she knows the consiquences if she enters overseas, that its their law you gotta obey if u enter a foreign country, and if she was to sell the drugs overseas and give it to her father, wouldnt it be suspect for her to carry alot of amount comin' back from bali to brisbane.
if she was really guilty she should've recieve atleast under 5 years not 20 years in jail.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If you carry over $10g of course that's suspect, but how much exactly could she make?
Also, I don't think the government would think too much of it if she put it in her bank account, and there are ways to get ur money out.

If she's really guilty then she has to accept indonesian law, they have decided to go tough on drugs as they have a huge drug problem (in the country and due to importation).

v sia

HSC
bitchgirl said:
if she was really guilty she should've recieve atleast under 5 years not 20 years in jail.

maybe even less than 5 years , but she is in Bali and thats there Law , she actually shoulda been in there for life but the judge was being ver lenient

v sia

HSC
bitchgirl said:

maybe even less than 5 years , but she is in Bali and thats there Law , she actually shoulda been in there for life but the judge was being very lenient

HSC
bitchgirl said:
Who the hell are you to decide what Indonesia's law should be, bitchgirl?

Vahl

HSC
Vahl3 said:
What nutcases would not give to the Salvos due to Schappel's guilty verdict. Indonesia has been very fair with her, giving her a swift and open trial in which she was found to be guilty.

... AND she IS guilty UNDER INDONESIAN LAW. The Indonesians tried her fairly and in accordance with their laws... how can people be opposed to that.

It is infuriating to see the majority's redneck response to Schappel's verdict, I think she is guilty, but that is besides the point, she recieved a fair and open trial in which she was found guilty, which is more than can be said for the (reportedly) hundreds of Indonesian fishermen held in Australian immigration detention WITHOUT being even CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. At all, it is the Indonesian people who should have felt hard done by.

Putting in my 10 characters +

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
In terms of the appeal, I think it's all paper work. She's left sweating behind bars without cameras. Let's see if she's remembered in the media after a few weeks, after the recycled images become annoying.

tempco

HSC
bitchgirl said:
awww did i hurt ur internet feelin's *smh*
its my opinion idiot.
opinions like that (statements without anything that could remotely be called evidence) don't count for much.

your argument regarding her being able to sell drugs for more here has been made invalid by an SMH article posted up my moonlightsonata. westerners in bali are willing to pay A LOT more for drugs from other westerners.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
danie said:
stop trying to be some hard ass.

you've already proven that you're a fuckwit.
pffft why do i want to act like a hard ass on the net?
pfft at you takin' the internet so seriously,
and no i aint a fuckwit, look at yourself in the mirror to see who's the fuckwit.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bitchgirl said:
awww did i hurt ur internet feelin's *smh*
its my opinion idiot.
Are those guys in your sig homosexual partners by any chance?

spell check

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Who the hell are you to decide what Indonesia's law should be, bitchgirl?
as citizens of the world i think we are entitled to have opinions on whether or not laws are too extreme or draconian

for example i think having the death penalty or life imprisonment for importing marijuana is ridiculously harsh, just like i could look back in history and saw laws allowing rape within marriage were ridiculous

law isn't some holy thing that you mustn't question, they're just words put together by a bunch of people that have the backing of the state's monopoly on the use of violence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)