First Day of Uni... (2 Viewers)

Icystealer

HSC
hahaha! yeah, that made me lol... she's like a passive agressive lecturer!

btw, what do you reckon - i'm thinking maybe postpone our bos meet...? i cbf this week, plus sam5, minime, jackydoll, etc, should be there!
Oh god i know ay! I was expecting her to go off today while ppl were leaving.... i so wanted to get up and go but i was scared i will be picked out again >.<

Also theres a bos meet.... why was i never told... wait why arent i on here more often lol.

sam5

HSC
sure - chem 1010 is easy atm, but it will get harder.

and just remember that not everybody has done chemistry before, so they need a slow intro.

and it was rude for pple to leave yesterday. all they had to do was wait about 4 mins.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
sure - chem 1010 is easy atm, but it will get harder.
It doesn't.

As a suggestion to everyone for the labs: You are actually able to pirate the ChemLab software. Just copy the program files over to a USB drive and then paste it in the exact same directory on your home computer (ie. C:\Program Files\etc.) This will help you get a head start, since the computer "labs" are pretty straight forward anyway.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Sif not pick me up :p

It's really up to you hey.
I guess a few of us could meet up thurs anyway.
Course I can pick you up =)

I was running sooooo late this morning tho =/ got stuck in traffic for like 30 mins as a result!

I'm don't give lifts to strangers tho! Lol... you'll just have to come say hi thurs =)

Oh god i know ay! I was expecting her to go off today while ppl were leaving.... i so wanted to get up and go but i was scared i will be picked out again >.<

Also theres a bos meet.... why was i never told... wait why arent i on here more often lol.
Agree with sam5 tho, there's no point in leaving when she's nearly finished anyway.

she sounded more relaxed and even had somewhat of a sense of humour today... she's growing on me slowly =)

bos meet - check out the thread in the UNCLE section of these forums! =D

just casual hello and eat lunch together or something =)

sam5

HSC
she sounded more relaxed and even had somewhat of a sense of humour today... she's growing on me slowly =)
i dont mind her.

what did she say thats funny? (this was the first one that ive missed)

where did she get up to at the end of the lecture?

emmcyclopedia

HSC
i dont mind her.

what did she say thats funny? (this was the first one that ive missed)

where did she get up to at the end of the lecture?
can't remember, but everyone kinda chuckled. something about beer...?

we finished the second set of notes and have started on stoichiometry (new booklet). i think the last slide we got to was on molar mass =)

Icystealer

HSC
can't remember, but everyone kinda chuckled. something about beer...?

we finished the second set of notes and have started on stoichiometry (new booklet). i think the last slide we got to was on molar mass =)
Yip last slide was molar mass. She was more calm today but yeah she aint the highest on my list of favourite lecturers.

sam5

HSC
emmcyclopedia: do u think karen mate or erica wanless is a better lecturer?

i think wanless. because mate relies WAY too much on her slides. she pretty much reads straight off them and tells u whats on screen. She doesnt elaborate enough.

Tooners is ok.

my psych lecturer is my best - but his powerpoint slides just dont cut it for me.

emmcyclopedia

HSC

i think wanless. because mate relies WAY too much on her slides. she pretty much reads straight off them and tells u whats on screen. She doesnt elaborate enough.

Tooners is ok.

my psych lecturer is my best - but his powerpoint slides just dont cut it for me.
tooney is a flopping legend! idk what it is... he just seems really natural and easy to listen to.

maybe it's just the content which interests me more, but i prefer to sit in one of mate's lecture's than wanless'. True, wanless doesn't read off her slides nearly as much, but she has seemed a little dry and robotic. but that may have just been for the first few lectures, im sure she'll get better as we move further into the course.

i <3 hubs, lol.

all in all, the majority of my lecturers aren't all that interesting... actually, my thurs nite maths teacher is a crack up, but i've only had him once =P

sam5

HSC
Is that Stuart Marlin?

Best uni lecturer I've had.
yes it is.

but i dont like his slides. sometimes what he has written has too little relevence, or doesnt even make sense

sam5

HSC
tooney is a flopping legend! idk what it is... he just seems really natural and easy to listen to.

maybe it's just the content which interests me more, but i prefer to sit in one of mate's lecture's than wanless'. True, wanless doesn't read off her slides nearly as much, but she has seemed a little dry and robotic. but that may have just been for the first few lectures, im sure she'll get better as we move further into the course.

i <3 hubs, lol.

all in all, the majority of my lecturers aren't all that interesting... actually, my thurs nite maths teacher is a crack up, but i've only had him once =P
she can be a bit robotic, but (for me anyway) she delivers content effectively

mate is flat in speech and boring. thank christ the content makes up for her.

tooners is pretty good, but i think that HUBS1405 was created with rash, and seems a little bit "were just tryin it with u guys, and we will change it next year if u dont like it". i think its a bodgey subject.

imo, u cant teach people skills, they come with experience.

HSC
hey, just wondering...where is the diagnostic radiographer's computer lab, cause they keep telling us we have one, but never specifically where and i kinda wanna go and have a look >.<

btw any of you have the physics lecturer who always smiles non-stop and looks little like he's on crack 24/7?

sam5

HSC
so where did wanless get up to today? anything new since HSC chem?

militiaman

HSC
Me missed it as well. I'll probably just check where she's up to on Lectopia, most likely still doing year 11 basic chemistry.

HSC
lol, thats kinda freaky.
mm when you think about it, yeh it is, but when you see him, he doesnt look freaky at all, even though he does look like that. He's really approachable, which is always good :), unlike the physics lab guy -_- he scares me

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad

Tooners is ok.

lol agreed, i really don't enjoy HUBS1403 at all because of the way the info is presented...i usually doze off.

and definitely agree about Marlin, he manages to hold my interest for (almost) the entire length of the lecture.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I also missed out on wednesday's chem1010 class... they must have missed us terribly.

lectopia ftw...

zaxmacks

HSC
HUBS1403 at Ourimbah is good, your lecturer must suck arse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)