• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Girls: Do you like indian guys? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_one_1

HSC
Ok yes. But I don't get why you make these threads if you can't take advice.
because no one explains why she likes me or why she doesn't or why they don't like indians or why they do like indians.

You all explain techniques and quotes in english essays. Is it that difficult to help me out and explain.

quick question are you just a tad over-exaggerating also do you plan on doing anything or just sit there and complain?
Well you all dented my confidence...So what else will I do...Just complain and be depressed.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Mods pls lock this thread.

It is a complete waste of time.

Also considering we're in trails. Procrastination thread much

the_one_1

HSC
im fukn shcked that u wud feign suicide az a dramatic joke. i no wat u must b thinking everyone will pay attn to me and comfort me and tell me that'll i'll get the girl of my dreams despite being completely unwilling to improve myself. u mack me sick and discustard
Don't you know about expressing my feelings. I feel like killing myself because of how crap my life has been.

HSC
omfg i said build up your confidence go gym and balance your physical and mental sides i don't understand how you don't get this!!!
be happy about your body and you will ooze confidence problemo solved!

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
m8.

Just NO.

Do NOT start up threads like this. This is clearly linked to your discussion of your crush.

I think you've milked all the advice you can get from BoS regarding your crush.

Just ask her out already.
+1

HSC
you're over-reacting it is one girl .... go ask her how she feels about you cause none of us know what she is thinking!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
OP, what do you think is preventing you from improving your confidence?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
because no one explains why she likes me or why she doesn't or why they don't like indians or why they do like indians.

You all explain techniques and quotes in english essays. Is it that difficult to help me out and explain.

Well you all dented my confidence...So what else will I do...Just complain and be depressed.
It's got nothing to do with Indians at all.

Okay. I have a THEORY why 2nd generation migrants may feel slightly marginalised by society. I am a first gen migrant (I was born overseas but moved here when I was 3) so I can comment.

1. Parents move from x country with vastly different values to Aus. I was luckier in that I came from an established British colony (until 1997 anyway) which held British values and customs, making it slightly easier for my parents to come here and integrate.

2. These vastly different cultures conflict when they come to Australia, and the lack of people from their cultural background cause the parents to feel slightly intimidated. Hence they make friends with other people of similar cultural background, all of whom are glad to interact as they all feel slight marginalisation, both internally and externally, as they feel that they are not part of Australian culture.

3. This withdrawn attitude rubs off on their children. This isn't helped when they don't see many people of their ethnic background at school, etc, or the only people they meet of their same ethnic background are all in one place. Children become introverted, feeling unsure of themselves.

4. This gradually wears off over time, but it does take a while.

Australians don't meet Indians on a daily basis. Indians (or any cultural background) may meet Australians but may feel they may be judged, and vice versa. Hence withdrawal and introvertedness. (lol not really a word).

= children all with similar psyches. Far out I was socially retarded at school, but I got over it. Thank goodness I play sport and was able to form friendships with that. My brother however is a gamer and hangs out with other Asians, and he feels socially excluded, with the confidence level of OP (probably).

Makematics

HSC

Can you please just get over the fact that noone is discriminating against you just because you are indian. we are criticising you because every word that comes out of your mouth (fingers) is retarded.

Frostbitten

HSC
Don't you know about expressing my feelings. I feel like killing myself because of how crap my life has been.
Please tell us how absolutely crap your 17 years on this planet has been, because right now everyone doubts the severity of your hardship as you come off as a weak minded, over dramatic boy with too much oestrogen.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If you aren't being melodramatic: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=94439

If you are, grow up. I'm sorry to say that most people have been through what you have. It's not going to help over analysing situations and getting all depressed. From what I have read this girl is giving you mixed signals, you are doing the same by not just asking her out. If she says no, you just have to move on - and that doesn't mean finding another girl to ask out next week.

Makematics

HSC
HSC
If you aren't being melodramatic: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=94439

If you are, grow up. I'm sorry to say that most people have been through what you have. It's not going to help over analysing situations and getting all depressed. From what I have read this girl is giving you mixed signals, you are doing the same by not just asking her out. If she says no, you just have to move on - and that doesn't mean finding another girl to ask out next week.
seeee maybe its not her fucking with you maybe you're fucking with her :O you could be hurting the poor girl! tell her how you feel before you confuse her

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Just read this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124193391

OP, you're putting her on a pedestal. Doesn't help. You'll be all hot and bothered around her, which (dents your confidence when you even talk to her),because you'll be speculating the worse and thinking 'don't screw up' all the time which doesn't make you look chill.

Asking girls out usually works if you're not too bothered if you get her or not. Say there's a girl, you like her and you're interested but not too insanely crushing on her. Now this sounds a little strange but from experience and from watching people you'll be more motivated to do it if the risk isn't as high, gives you the ability to bounce back quickly from rejection and it also gives you the opportunity to know the girl better through dating without your perceptions of her and the impacts of intense crushing clouding your judgement.

(Also from that thread on bodybuilding.com don't use everything in the book.... I mean I call BS on the 'scale'. I mean... 2/10 goes to personality? REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)