God wants gays dead, says beauty queen (1 Viewer)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
The Westboro Baptist church are a bunch of pathetic imbeciles. Even the most religious person would agree... WB are extremist.

ar7

HSC
i learnt in studies of religion today that there is a thing called free will and that jesus didnt want anybody killed

pman

Banned
HSC
i learnt in studies of religion today that there is a thing called free will and that jesus didnt want anybody killed
most pastors etc subscribe to predestination rather than free will...I know your being sarcastic but I though I'd point it out

HSC
Oh yeah, and that beauty queen should really join these guys:

Westboro bap followers are reaaally crazy.
They hate anybody who is not them.

When I first read about them, I thought there was some sort of satirical thing going on, but they're actually serious.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The picketting of dead soldiers funerals was pretty bad as well.

nikolas

HSC
And you have done a case study on this in the past 12 months have you....I'm just quoting the PDHPE course. It's about the holistic view of disease treatment...It will increase your chances if you believe it will, It'll do nothing for you or me because deep down, we don't believe it will, we belive we are taking a placebo but if you belive in it, it can have an effect
Sounds something Peter Pan would say.

X

xeuyrawp

explain this please chirstians
- Argument that the Bible is clear,
- counter argument that the Bible is also clear on other things which Christians do not follow,
- counter argument that Christianity was brought to non-Jews and therefore the OT is not law like the NT,
- counter argument that in the Synoptic Gospels and the Pauline Epistles, followers of Jesus are told to be followers of Moses,
- inevitable tangent that homosexuality is unnatural.

/thread

mizzroyalty

HSC
N/A
This issue has already been humorously answered.

"Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan,
Jim"

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Then why are there scientific facts stated inside the Bible hundreds of years before they were recognised by humanity?

Job 38:16 - States there are springs underneath the ocean - something science discovered in the 1970s with the help of submarines that were constructed to withstand 6,000 pounds-per-square-inch pressure.

Johah 1:5-6 States there are mountains at the bottom of the ocean - something we haven't discovered until the last century.

Genesis 2:1-2 - First law of thermodynamics was established.

Isaiah 40:22 - States the earth is a sphere at a time where it was widely believe to be flat.

Job 38:24 - States light can be divided. Something discovered by Issac Newton, yet stated by God 4000 years ago.

Genesis 1:9-10 - Continents created as one large land mass.

Genesis 7:11 - Continental drift.

Job 38:29-30 - Ice Age inferred.

Matthew 25:30, Judge 1:13, Isaiah 50:3 - Black holes and dark matter anticipated.

As I said, it's all subjective. Believe it if you want.
There are no springs below the ocean.

There are no mountains under the ocean, just places where it is less deep. And Jonah 1:-6 doesn't say that anyway.

Genesis 2:1-2 doesn't say anything concerning thermodynamics. It says on the seventh day god rested.

Isiah 40:22 says he sits above the circle of the earth. Sorry mate but a circle and sphere are very different. The word sphere comes from greek meaning globe or ball, so it clearly wasn't ever meant to mean that.

Job 38:24 doesn't say light can be divided, that is very specious.

Genesis 1:9-10 doesn't say that the earth was created into one land mass, that is reading too much into it.

Genesis 7:11 "1In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened."

Umm wot?

Job 38:29-30 Or it could just be a reference to winter.

Matthew 25:30, Judge 1:13, Isaiah 50:3 - Black holes and dark matter anticipated.

Ahahahah what the fuck it says nothing about black holes or dark matter, and what the fuck is Judge 1:13?

All of what you have posted is complete and utter bullshit and "predictions" made with the hindsight of thousands of years of scientific knowledge, and yet still none of them are true.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Even if you had a point, I don't think homosexuality was mainstream and accepted enough in mainstream society to warrant a shift in beliefs hundreds of years ago when the New Testament was written.
It was accepted in main stream during Rome well before Christianity was ever invented. Shit only went down hill when some bullshit artists wrote the Ode to Control aka Bible

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
- Argument that the Bible is clear,
- counter argument that the Bible is also clear on other things which Christians do not follow,
- counter argument that Christianity was brought to non-Jews and therefore the OT is not law like the NT,
- counter argument that in the Synoptic Gospels and the Pauline Epistles, followers of Jesus are told to be followers of Moses,
- inevitable tangent that homosexuality is unnatural.

/thread
m8 this thread is asking personal opinions of christfags

also

homosexuality is natural, what?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
perhaps

before the flood

there WAS DINOSAURS

what happen to the DINOSAURS

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
NOAA Ocean Explorer: Galapagos Rift

Suppose to be Jonah 2:5-6

And yes there is.

NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF PRECIPITATION INDUCED BY HOT MID-OCEAN RIDGES

The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, as stated in Genesis.

Luke 17:34-36 also creates the connotation of a revolving (spherical) earth by implying day and night occur simultaneousy.

Not sure how it is.

This is why I said all of this subjective and therefore open to personal interpretation.

Perhaps. Before the flood, the earth was sub tropical. Shortly after, continious references in the bible are made to ice (eg Job 37:10 which also imply these are describing an ice age). Once again subjective.

In all honestly I couldn't really give half a fuck about your beliefs, and whether or not you accept Christianity. I wish I cared enough to have some sort of debate with you to prove what I believe in, but I really cbf.

As I've said earlier in the post and in my original post, everything is subjective and consequently open to personal interpretation.
How you can get the first law from that genesis quote is beyond me, that is seriously clutching at straws. Like I said you are simply looking at the bible with the hindsight of modern scientific knowledge. This is on par with me getting a copy of the oxford english dictionary, finding the word cunt and then saying:
"Look, oxford predicted in 1800 the existence of JKhoury over 200 years later!"

Diffusion of light (which is a debatable translation anyway), is not the same as dividing it.

You can't prove what you believe in because it is a fantasy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)