Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 shot down (1 Viewer)

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
it appears the plane was diverted along its original route towards the "anti terrorist operation", furthermore the are also reports of 2 ukrainian military planes flying alongside MH17, but of course australian media rushes to an unverified leaked recording of "russian rebels"

Shazia25

HSC
trust me i know how it feels, after one my mom's uni friends died in 9/11... my heart breaks whenever I see my mom cry when she sees photos of her friend.
Im sorry about your mum...
its true, its upsetting how easily and quickly people with turn to violence and so rapidly destroy the lives of so many innocent people

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
it appears the plane was diverted along its original route towards the "anti terrorist operation", furthermore the are also reports of 2 ukrainian military planes flying alongside MH17, but of course australian media rushes to an unverified leaked recording of "russian rebels"
Just read about that, Spanish Air Traffic control released the details over twitter... I still think a BUK missile shot down the airliner; however, I can see why it was assumed to be a military aircraft IF there were fighter jets on its tail...

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Just read about that, Spanish Air Traffic control released the details over twitter... I still think a BUK missile shot down the airliner; however, I can see why it was assumed to be a military aircraft IF there were fighter jets on its tail...
A lot of militaries use 777's as cargo transport which is why the rebels might've shot it down thinking its carrying military equipment.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
If this was an act of god he's got a hell of a sense of humor.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
^ Because 1 - 7 = MH17...

FIFA's fault... cracked the code...

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Not really. And most people aren't oblivious to the fact the Soviets shot down a civilian air liner before as well

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007

What's your point?
While I'm not justifying the attack on KA7, the situations were quite different. Both sides fucked up, one was actually worried about its airspace and the other was a fuck up.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Not really. And most people aren't oblivious to the fact the Soviets shot down a civilian air liner before as well

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007

What's your point?
That crash happened during the cold war. It was both a series of mistakes such as navigational and pilot error and a politically motivated shooting by the soviets.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
This was a tragic incident and nobody should be making jokes about it.

-

Need notes or essays written by an actual ATAR 99.95 student? SEE HERE: https://sellfy.com/hscnotesandessays

NOTE: Many people have said negative things about Squar3root's mathematics notes, so watch out. Buyer beware, I guess. Always buy from ATAR 99.95 students.
I concur

Gameboy13579

HSC
I've actually been thinking about this. The way I think about it is that when something major happens everyone in the world cares about it but eventually it loses its 'heat' according to the media and they stop reporting on it and then everyone stops caring about it.
Look as Malaysian Airlines MH-370. That was hot news months ago but over time the media stopped reporting on it and from thereon less people thought about it. The same goes for the whole Kony 2012 campaign.
I hope my point got across…

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting take on the event, The Ukrainian government is also somewhat responsible for this event... (not as directly as the Pro-Russian separatists, however, responsible to an extent)

cliffs:
- Ukraine bares some responsibility because they kept their airspace open; the downing of three Ukrainian military cargo planes wasn't enough of a warning (apparently);
- It was left open even after these circumstances;
- Airlines depend on local government information about the safety of their airspace and for safe passage over that airspace;
- It obviously wasn't safe, flights continued flying in;
- These actions left the door open for something like this to occur, it did;
- The reason for leaving the airspace open (in this article), is that, airliners pay tolls to the local authorities for passage over their country; the Ukrainian government, being cash strapped, requires all the money it can get;
- The passage through Ukraine by Malaysian Airlines may have been legal, but, given some other airlines not taking passage through Ukraine and the events that transpired prior to MH17 being shot down; it may not have been prudent to do so...

As a result, the Ukrainian government bares SOME responsibility for what occurred...

In short, EVERYONE involved has some sort of culpability to answer for...

http://www.smh.com.au/business/avia...-for-airspace-safety-iata-20140720-zuzmp.html

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Man

All those netizens that blame Malaysian airlines .... It wasn't their fault

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)