muslims prove they're not backwards lunatics; leaglise child marriage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabz1996

HSC
It is not that small, it is very widespread in Yemen I think and it cannot be denied that the root of this problem is Islam/religion in one form of another.

I don't know I read about it somewhere before, might be another ayotollah or another islamic leader, but I'm pretty sure a lot of influential middle easterns fuck minors regularly. I heard importing young girls into Saudi Arabia is a booming industry.
"widespread in Yemen I think"

"...it cannot be denied that the root of this problem is Islam/religion in one form of another." Your reason to say so?

"I don't know I read about it somewhere before, might be another ayotollah or another islamic leader, but I'm pretty sure a lot of influential middle easterns fuck minors regularly. I heard importing young girls into Saudi Arabia is a booming industry."

Please, can we have arguments with actual facts and sources of information? Rather than plain biased arguments that stand on no solid evidence.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
"widespread in Yemen I think"

"...it cannot be denied that the root of this problem is Islam/religion in one form of another." Your reason to say so?

"I don't know I read about it somewhere before, might be another ayotollah or another islamic leader, but I'm pretty sure a lot of influential middle easterns fuck minors regularly. I heard importing young girls into Saudi Arabia is a booming industry."

Please, can we have arguments with actual facts and sources of information? Rather than plain biased arguments that stand on no solid evidence.
I really can't be fucked researching if it's 100% true with sources cited.

I read in smh that child marriages are widespread in Yemen but I can't remember the exact percentage, fucking shoot me okay.

"Mohammed fucked a 9 year old, Mohammed is the messenger of allah, Mohammed is the epitome of mankind, everyone should copy Mohammed as much as possible." I fail to see how anyone can bs that Islam isn't the problem here.

I can 100% recall reading about oil rich saudis importing girls from africa and yemen, iffy on the ayotollah.

PakiPrince

HSC

I read in smh that child marriages are widespread in Yemen but I can't remember the exact percentage, fucking shoot me okay.

"Mohammed fucked a 9 year old, Mohammed is the messenger of allah, Mohammed is the epitome of mankind, everyone should copy Mohammed as much as possible." I fail to see how anyone can bs that Islam isn't the problem here.

I can 100% recall reading about oil rich saudis importing girls from africa and yemen, iffy on the ayotollah.
So now you live in Vespucci Beach? Vinewood too dangerous?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Umm I haven't disagreed with what SerNichols said.

The Quran is the only religious document that hasn't changed and I do praise the Quran for that. Now, the Quran does not permit the marriage of anyone until they have reached the age of puberty. That is what the Quran states and I agree with that. 1400 years ago, people reached puberty faster and so marriages may have occurred at younger ages. But again, we can't compare the different times.
Having sex with someone at the onset of puberty is absolutely wrong at all times, now and in the past. It's extremely dangerous and physically and mentally harmful until later teen years.

It's not uncommon for puberty to begin at the age of 9 or younger now. Puberty begins earlier now than in past history due to improvements in nutrition and living conditions.

we can't compare the different times
If that's the case, how are you able to use the Quran as a guide to modern life?

The Prophet WAS the most perfect person to live and please watch the video that I linked earlier. No one has said that he committed "the most vile and despicable actions" because it was a completely different time, society, etc.
Do you think he committed good actions?

How can you judge his actions as good if it was a completely different time?

If you say you're unable to judge or condemn anything he did as evil, because the context of society has changed, isn't it logically inconsistent to then claim you can assess and praise his actions as good, when you can only do so by using the same moral framework that you have dismissed as inappropriate?

SerNichols

HSC

Stop misinterpreting statistics. She was 12-13, and you stated you read 'cover to cover', then you should know that she came in his dream three times. He was guided by Allah to marry her and no this isn't pedophilia, as she married with her parents consent and her own will. 1400 years ago, the age 12 wasn't classified as a child. Once again, 1400 years ago Islam wasn't the only religion which allowed marriage at that age.

SerNichols

HSC
Having sex with someone at the onset of puberty is absolutely wrong at all times, now and in the past. It's extremely dangerous and physically and mentally harmful until later teen years.

It's not uncommon for puberty to begin at the age of 9 or younger now. Puberty begins earlier now than in past history due to improvements in nutrition and living conditions.

If that's the case, how are you able to use the Quran as a guide to modern life?

If you say you're unable to judge or condemn anything he did as evil, because the context of society has changed, isn't it logically inconsistent to then claim you can assess and praise his actions as good, when you can only do so by using the same moral framework that you have dismissed as inappropriate?
I'm pretty sure down the history, Jews also had similar horrendous practices.

sabz1996

HSC

"I really can't be fucked researching if it's 100% true with sources cited."

Can't be bothered finding actual valid sources of information then why bother arguing and trying to get a point across that doesn't even stand on a solid foundation?

"I read in smh that child marriages are widespread in Yemen but I can't remember the exact percentage, fucking shoot me okay."

Still, invalid.

"Mohammed fucked a 9 year old, Mohammed is the messenger of allah, Mohammed is the epitome of mankind, everyone should copy Mohammed as much as possible." I fail to see how anyone can bs that Islam isn't the problem here."

Very very very amusing because just a moment ago, you agreed with me saying that it's a "minority" and that the Prophet Muhammad's scenario cannot be compared to that of today and yet now, you bring up the same thing.

"I can 100% recall reading about oil rich saudis importing girls from africa and yemen, iffy on the ayotollah."

Invalid.

Arguments are based on actual facts and evidence not your own opinion nor what you can "recall".

You're trying to make me see how Islam is the problem here but you keep jumping from one thing to another. Why can't you provide me with a consistent argument with ACTUAL FACTS to prove your point?

sabz1996

HSC

Do you realise that you've pretty much just regurgitated what you said before?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
So now you live in Vespucci Beach? Vinewood too dangerous?
Too hilly in vinewood.

Stop misinterpreting statistics. She was 12-13, and you stated you read 'cover to cover', then you should know that she came in his dream three times. He was guided by Allah to marry her and no this isn't pedophilia, as she married with her parents consent and her own will. 1400 years ago, the age 12 wasn't classified as a child. Once again, 1400 years ago Islam wasn't the only religion which allowed marriage at that age.
12-13 is such a big difference with 9. Again the morals were fucked then and people are using those morals to marry off young (9, 10, 11, 12 does it really matter?) girls today when they should be in school, texting, taking selfies and all the other shit girls do.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
"Mohammed fucked a 9 year old, Mohammed is the messenger of allah, Mohammed is the epitome of mankind, everyone should copy Mohammed as much as possible." I fail to see how anyone can bs that Islam isn't the problem here."

Very very very amusing because just a moment ago, you agreed with me saying that it's a "minority" and that the Prophet Muhammad's scenario cannot be compared to that of today and yet now, you bring up the same thing.
Mohammed fucking a 9 year old certainly isn't a minority view, it's in the Sahih al-Bukhari (the most trusted hadith for sunnis) and all the other points are very mainstream islam.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure down the history, Jews also had similar horrendous practices.
you missed his point

just because one religion does something contentious it doesn't mean other religions are justified in doing it too

sabz1996

HSC
Too hilly in vinewood.

12-13 is such a big difference with 9. Again the morals were fucked then and people are using those morals to marry off young (9, 10, 11, 12 does it really matter?) girls today when they should be in school, texting, taking selfies and all the other shit girls do.
It is a big difference. The only morals that were wrong back then were those of people burying their daughters alive! Who put a stop to that?
The Prophet (pbuh)

A moment ago, you agreed that times were different and people did things differently. 1400 years ago, it was normal for girls to get married at young ages and you can't say it was wrong then. It is wrong now if she hasn't reached the age of puberty but you cannot say it was wrong then.

If you want to attack the MINORITY (I cannot emphasise this word enough) of Muslims that do this, then how about we take into account the 'minority' of girls who get pregnant at 14 because they're not disciplined enough. They do this and yet it isn't as big of a deal as it is if someone gets married at 14 in a developing country where conditions are different and knowledge is inadequate.

Please, stop attacking a small minority and I can't help to ask, why do you skip so many of my posts and ignore them?

sabz1996

HSC
Mohammed fucking a 9 year old certainly isn't a minority view, it's in the Sahih al-Bukhari (the most trusted hadith for sunnis) and all the other points are very mainstream islam.
I didn't say that was a minority view. I said people still implementing that practice in today's context was a minority view.

These arguments are so pathetic that it's almost amusing.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
It is a big difference. The only morals that were wrong back then were those of people burying their daughters alive! Who put a stop to that?
The Prophet (pbuh)

A moment ago, you agreed that times were different and people did things differently. 1400 years ago, it was normal for girls to get married at young ages and you can't say it was wrong then. It is wrong now if she hasn't reached the age of puberty but you cannot say it was wrong then.

If you want to attack the MINORITY (I cannot emphasise this word enough) of Muslims that do this, then how about we take into account the 'minority' of girls who get pregnant at 14 because they're not disciplined enough. They do this and yet it isn't as big of a deal as it is if someone gets married at 14 in a developing country where conditions are different and knowledge is inadequate.

Please, stop attacking a small minority and I can't help to ask, why do you skip so many of my posts and ignore them?
you also missed the point

now Islam is a pretty nebulous religion in terms of how people interpret it (i.e. if you are a Quranist or if you follow all the Hadith too or some of the Hadith etc.) but the point of what he is saying is that if you do follow the Hadith that outline the Prophet (pbuh) married a 9 year old that considering that religion is by definition a timeless set of rules that stays concrete regardless of context, that this sets precedence for some batshit insane people to do exactly the same thing now

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't say that was a minority view. I said people still implementing that practice in today's context was a minority view.

These arguments are so pathetic that it's almost amusing.
I was implying that the basis for their reasoning is scriptually sound and it is pretty hard to argue with this minority through only Islamic scholarship. That is why Islam is bad okay.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC

the reason behind teenage pregnancy is poor decision making (which is entirely the individuals fault)

As for the marriages of children in developing countries, the majority of them are forced into them by parents/relatives because they think its okay since their 'prophet' did the same thing ~1400yrs ago

SerNichols

HSC
the reason behind teenage pregnancy is poor decision making (which is entirely the individuals fault)

As for the marriages of children in developing countries, the majority of them are forced into them by parents/relatives because they think its okay since their 'prophet' did the same thing ~1400yrs ago
LMAO "they think its okay since their 'prophet' did the same thing ~1400yrs ago"- please , this is the biggest bullshit i have ever heard. They aren't forced, provide facts please? Because i have been raised in a third-war country and for a matter of fact, what you just stated is utterly bullshit.

SerNichols

HSC

'the reason behind teenage pregnancy is poor decision making (which is entirely the individuals fault)' this is also the discipline, don't try to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)