muslims prove they're not backwards lunatics; leaglise child marriage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
LMAO "they think its okay since their 'prophet' did the same thing ~1400yrs ago"- please , this is the biggest bullshit i have ever heard. They aren't forced, provide facts please? Because i have been raised in a third-war country and for a matter of fact, what you just stated is utterly bullshit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nujood_Ali
this is only one example (this is quite popular in yemen, as kaz1 said before)

'the reason behind teenage pregnancy is poor decision making (which is entirely the individuals fault)' this is also the discipline, don't try to change it.
doesn't matter about disipline (which isn't even the point here), its still there choice to have sex and end up pregnant

unlike the children in the developing countries who are forced to get married (i.e. don't have a choice)

sabz1996

HSC
you also missed the point

now Islam is a pretty nebulous religion in terms of how people interpret it (i.e. if you are a Quranist or if you follow all the Hadith too or some of the Hadith etc.) but the point of what he is saying is that if you do follow the Hadith that outline the Prophet (pbuh) married a 9 year old that considering that religion is by definition a timeless set of rules that stays concrete regardless of context, that this sets precedence for some batshit insane people to do exactly the same thing now
All this shows is your lack of research. Muslims don't follow the Hadith. The Hadith is and not limited to, recounts of the Prophet's life, dealings, decisions, etc. They're basically recounts of events that took place. They are not rules nor examples that Muslims are supposed to follow.

You may have confused Hadith with Sunnah which are examples of what the Prophet used to do but even then, it is specified what we should take and implement as examples for ourselves. The Sunnah doesn't consist of permission to "marry nine year olds" as you claim. Also, there is the Quran.

Please, do your research, gather your facts and make sure they're correct next time then try and argue your point.

sabz1996

HSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nujood_Ali
this is only one example (this is quite popular in yemen, as kaz1 said before)

doesn't matter about disipline (which isn't even the point here), its still there choice to have sex and end up pregnant

unlike the children in the developing countries who are forced to get married (i.e. don't have a choice)
She said, it's "widespread", you've given me "only one" example.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
She said, it's "widespread", you've given me "only one" example.
dafuq are you on about....

'widespread' -> refers to more than one

'this is only one example' -> means that there is more than one example

'The story of Nujood's marriage and subsequent court victory was turned into a bestselling book, bringing hope to thousands of Yemeni brides forced into marriages they are too young to understand or consent to.'
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/12/child-bride-father-cash-spend

SerNichols

HSC
So? the article doesn't even relate it to the past. What about the marriages before the age of 15 in other countries? I suppose you blame that one practice in the past for it as well? The majority of child marriages occur in West and East Africa and South Asia. Even India has higher rates for forced marriages for the age of under 15 than countries that preach Islam. Let me guess, you're going to blame what happened 1400 years ago for it as well?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
All this shows is your lack of research. Muslims don't follow the Hadith. The Hadith is and not limited to, recounts of the Prophet's life, dealings, decisions, etc. They're basically recounts of events that took place. They are not rules nor examples that Muslims are supposed to follow.

You may have confused Hadith with Sunnah which are examples of what the Prophet used to do but even then, it is specified what we should take and implement as examples for ourselves. The Sunnah doesn't consist of permission to "marry nine year olds" as you claim. Also, there is the Quran.

Please, do your research, gather your facts and make sure they're correct next time then try and argue your point.
You do realise that most of the Sunnah are related via Hadith right?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
So? the article doesn't even relate it to the past. What about the marriages before the age of 15 in other countries? I suppose you blame that one practice in the past for it as well? The majority of child marriages occur in West and East Africa and South Asia. Even India has higher rates for forced marriages for the age of under 15 than countries that preach Islam. Let me guess, you're going to blame what happened 1400 years ago for it as well?
Yemen's population is ~99% muslim but anyways....

Something a little closer to home
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/child-bri...tted-by-father-say-police-20140208-328k7.html
Despite the muslim leaders saying they don't support child marriages the parents of the child would most likely of thought it was okay since their 'prophet' (who was supposedly the perfect man) did exactly the same thing

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Christians are paedophiles. Old men molest kids (both girls AND BOYS ;) ) even though they have no relation to the children (such as marriage ;) )

Hmmm. Thousands of priests do this. And Christians follow priests just like Muslims follow their teachers (such as Prophet Muhummad). Therefore Christians are hypocrites.

???????????? What you gotta say now???
leader of a christian church removes pedophiles from religion because they are violating the faith and people who follow these pedophiles aren't aware of their pedophillia

muslims literally worship pedophile, defend his pedophillia, promote laws enshrining pedophillia

"wow they are both the same"

well done, you are truly a master of logic

also

even though they have no relation to the children (such as marriage ;) )
WHAT THE FUCK DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE YOU PEDOPHILE FUCK

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Do you realise that you've pretty much just regurgitated what you said before?
Yep sounds just like it.

Whole thread of pretty much "do your research" and "everything you raise is invalid".

Great dismissal of arguments based on nothing. Graney is arguing using logic and you're holding onto an 8th grader's opinion of how debating works.

The whole idea that religions and morals should be immune from criticism simply because someone honestly believes in them is just stupid.

I think the fact that SylviaB hasn't been actively arguing with you guys really demonstrates how weak your arguments are.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Do you realise that you've pretty much just regurgitated what you said before?
Well I just wanted to clarify if you had any objection to sex with children other than 'sex with children is wrong today because it's not popular now; only have sex with children if it's a popular practice in the society you live in, then it's great'

'Oh and make sure your 12 year old wife is menstruating'.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

PakiPrince

HSC
leader of a christian church removes pedophiles from religion because they are violating the faith and people who follow these pedophiles aren't aware of their pedophillia

muslims literally worship pedophile, defend his pedophillia, promote laws enshrining pedophillia

"wow they are both the same"

well done, you are truly a master of logic

also

WHAT THE FUCK DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE YOU PEDOPHILE FUCK
Firstly I disagree with this 'proposed' law. Make that clear. But to blame entire 2 billion Muslims as a result of that is stupid as fuck, you moron. Don't you get it?

And saying 'oh but the Prophet 'supposedly' married a 9 year old girl, and you guys follow him, therefore you're all lunatics' means shit as it doesn't mean all Muslims will go out and do the same thing. It doesn't say in the Quran to go out and start marrying 9 year old girls, does it?

And who said the Prophet had 'sex' with a 9 year old girl?? You got any 'reliable' sources blad???

What I was inferring was that having sex with your 'wife' is far better than a priest having sex outside marriage, innit?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
muslims all worship a pedophile so implicitly endorse paedophilia and by extension this law
paedophilia didn't exist back then. It was perfectly normal ....

The current society's value and morals don't align with Muslims... hence why many people such as you ... Think it's wrong.

Your logic is flawed and racist, end of story.

Also stop attacking Muslims, because most of the threads you have made, and the posts, indicate it.

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
At least they marry them before engaging in coitus with them... **cough** catholic church **cough**

I'm Christian... not much we have done... except kill a few million jews in the Crusades :haha: (that's not meant to be funny)... in all seriousness, it's hard to find a religion that doesn't have its backward kooks... that is not to say the religion is bad or good...

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
What I was inferring was that having sex with your 'wife' is far better than a priest having sex outside marriage, innit?
im not going to waste my time arguing with someone who doesn't even know how to speak english properly

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
muslims worship a pedophile
the bible: condone slavery, misogyny, vilifies homosexuality, encourages racial segregation, etc...

oh, and my favourate...

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NIV
what is your point...

Like I said, all religions have their backward kooks; that doesn't make the religion bad or good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)