Police Brutality - Disgusting and Unacceptable (1 Viewer)

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
This just proves that there are two sides to every story. Good on the police.

db94

HSC
Yes they have, you don't even realise it you fool. Who do you think regulates roads, arrests criminals etc amongst a host of other things. Do you think our society would be better without them?

I'm also unsure of what you are insinuating when you said 'Analogy for this - not all students study'.

Yes they are on call 24/7. You wouldn't know - so don't act like you do.

And yes, on the general consensus, the majority of people do consider being a police officer a respectable job. This obviously changes on their cultural/social status and background, however for the most part, this is true, and has been in Australia for longer than you or I have lived to experience. Do you know why? It's because when a family crashes their car at 2am, 2 children are deceased in the back, and the mother is trapped forced to sit and watch... who is first called to the scene? A police officer. If you think a 'stupid person' could handle this situation, or countless others, then you are sorely mistaken my friend.

I could say the same for immigrant doctors who can barely speak English let alone are able to emphasize with their patients and their needs.. they too could be coined 'stupid people', and trust me.. there's PLENTY of those. Doctor's who have left conditions untreated because Google couldn't provide the answer for them.

He through him to the ground, get over it, worse happens in a year 3 punch up. This situation has only been elevated to the level it has because he was gay, and all the white knights of this world have flocked like sheep to the flavour of the month.
+1 well said, especially the last sentence

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
+1 well said, especially the last sentence
no it was horribly said, quite literally everything about it was wrong, even the spelling.

I mean "through him to the ground"

ffs

fsnazzle

HSC
Haha sorry to chime in but honestly, the police overreacted but you just gotta get over it, i read really stupid articles of the picture of the guy all happy throughout his and life and then the brutality of the police is mentioned, he was probably drinking and was messed up so everyone needs to chill, the cops did the wrong thing, theyll pay the consequences they're humans too -.-

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha sorry to chime in but honestly, the police overreacted but you just gotta get over it, i read really stupid articles of the picture of the guy all happy throughout his and life and then the brutality of the police is mentioned, he was probably drinking and was messed up so everyone needs to chill, the cops did the wrong thing, theyll pay the consequences they're humans too -.-
Karma ~~

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
why do you cun7s hate the police so much. he obviously kicked at the officers and deserves to get retaliated on. police are honestly fed up with dumb kunts running around the street causing trouble.
Because some people want to fyt da aufority because its kool!!

The bloke is not the saint that some are portraying him to be. He assaulted police officers by 1) throwing a punch at police and 2) kicking them. He was also resisting arrest and generally being an idiot to start off with. Was the police response perfectly warranted? Well no it wasn't, but if you're going to be a dickhead to the police while they're arresting you then common sense would suggest that you're probably going to get hurt. Obviously I don't condone the police response in this situation, but instead of going through the proper channels and acting like a civilised human being, this bloke went too far and gave a power hungry police officer even more reason to belt him around. I also find it disturbing that police are so boldly inventing laws regarding filming in a public place.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Because some people want to fyt da aufority because its kool!!

The bloke is not the saint that some are portraying him to be. He assaulted police officers by 1) throwing a punch at police and 2) kicking them. He was also resisting arrest and generally being an idiot to start off with. Was the police response perfectly warranted? Well no it wasn't, but if you're going to be a dickhead to the police while they're arresting you then common sense would suggest that you're probably going to get hurt. Obviously I don't condone the police response in this situation, but instead of going through the proper channels and acting like a civilised human being, this bloke went too far and gave a power hungry police officer even more reason to belt him around. I also find it disturbing that police are so boldly inventing laws regarding filming in a public place.
+1

Yes it was brutal and extreme to bodyslam the guy face first into the ground, the policeman should be punished for that. But if the guy wasnt being a dick the policeman would have been much less likely to use that force

Frostbitten

HSC
Is it not within their jurisdiction to put you on the ground in a position of sumbission if you resist arrest, that is in this case him punching and kicking the cops with the intent to cause damge. I also find it quite sad people jump to conclusions about it being anti-gay and all that nonsense before you even know the whole situation, you actually let yourself be dictated by your emotions, *sigh*. If it happened to a drunkard you would never care, but when its someone who is gay crying and playing innocent like a bitch you all try to prove yourself as morally just. This cop did the right thing.

Frostbitten

HSC
Jackson had been stopped by police for "tickling a girl" he didn't know on the back.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/executive-sty...ting-arrest-20130308-2fp32.html#ixzz2Mz3GXUXH

I'm sorry, but what? Why are the police arresting someone for tickling a girl when there would be even more potentially dangerous threats out there in the streets? :l
Apparently the situation escalated and he started verbally abusing the cops, that would give them plenty of reason. They go after whatever unlawful acts are occurring around them, at that particular time there most likely wouldn't have been anything more serious happening.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Jackson had been stopped by police for "tickling a girl" he didn't know on the back.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/executive-sty...ting-arrest-20130308-2fp32.html#ixzz2Mz3GXUXH

I'm sorry, but what? Why are the police arresting someone for tickling a girl when there would be even more potentially dangerous threats out there in the streets? :l
oh man haha

if they had ignored this then you can just see this girl and a bunch of rabid feminists crying about the "patriarchal" police who tolerate this "rape culture"

but because he got roughed up by the police (and because he's gay), the police were wasting their time and should have been focusing on other crimes

seriously if a girl went to the media complaining that the police ignored her reports that a man had been touching her back without her permission, and I said that "there would be even more potentially dangerous threats out there in the streets" that they should be worried about, I'd be fucking castrated

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

that could have been perceived as sexual harassment. You shouldn't be feeling up strangers if they aren't comfortable with it

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

So lets pretend a stranger came up to you whilst you were walking down the street and began putting his hands on you in a clearly inappropriate manner. Lets assume you are a rational human being who at that point was at least partially fearful for their safety (because let's face it, it takes a nut job or a drunk to begin randomly touching strangers in that capacity and it is difficult to predict how quickly things with a nut job or drunk will escalate). Let's say the police happened to stop this person because they saw a man following a woman he does not clearly know around and touching her repeatedly. Are you really going to sit there and try and tell me the police should not have spoken to him and should have instead closed their eyes, turned their backs and walked away? Come on, a little bit of objectivity would be nice.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
what's the colour of a two cent piece
hahahahahahhaha fuck me
oh man haha

if they had ignored this then you can just see this girl and a bunch of rabid feminists crying about the "patriarchal" police who tolerate this "rape culture"

but because he got roughed up by the police (and because he's gay), the police were wasting their time and should have been focusing on other crimes

seriously if a girl went to the media complaining that the police ignored her reports that a man had been touching her back without her permission, and I said that "there would be even more potentially dangerous threats out there in the streets" that they should be worried about, I'd be fucking castrated
that is not true in the slightest mang

tumblr is not a legitimate news source

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
complaints against police officers should be handled by an independent body, rather than an internal investigation division?

oh, what a scholar!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
complaints against police officers should be handled by an independent body, rather than an internal investigation division?

oh, what a scholar!
which only gives more potency to the point that not having one in NSW yet is ridiculous

Kingportable

HSC
I saw this and empathised with the man being arrested. There are so many more choices to incapacitate someone, but i believe it's being taken out of context. It's a big effort for the police department to co-ordinate and manage these large scale events and bad things can happen to a lot of people in the human masses, someone can be stabbed in the crowd and no one will know someone stabbed them and no one will know who. If your looking after that many people it's difficult to look after everybody, i don't think this policeman would had come close to doing that on a normal night: choosing some flamboyantly dressed person arrest him for no reason and smash him on the ground. Why did they arrest him in the first place is also a question. If he was arrested for no reason that's really bad but he should had not resisted the arrest as much as he did; he should had followed willingly(calmly) and appealed the offence (easy-peasy). In all respect he did not; the man 'caused a commotion in an already confusing place, resisting arrest. I'm pretty sure Police don't want to hurt you so just comply, it's so easy and simple. If you're being arrested for the wrong reason specially in a crazy place filled with people it's hard for them to just say "You promised it wasn't you?", "Your promised you're going to stop and be careful and not hurt anyone?" or "Oh ok then yeah just run along mate, sorry about that.".

Last edited:

Frostbitten

HSC
I saw this and empathised with the man being arrested. There are so many more choices to incapacitate someone, but i believe it's being taken out of context. It's a big effort for the police department to co-ordinate and manage these large scale events and bad things can happen to a lot of people in the human masses, someone can be stabbed in the crowd and no one will know someone stabbed them and no one will know who. If your looking after that many people it's difficult to look after everybody, i don't think this policeman would had come close to doing that on a normal night: choosing some flamboyantly dressed person arrest him for no reason and smash him on the ground. Why did they arrest him in the first place is also a question. If he was arrested for no reason that's really bad but he should had not resisted the arrest as much as he did; he should had followed willingly(calmly) and appealed the offence (easy-peasy). In all respect he did not; the man 'caused a commotion in an already confusing place, resisting arrest. I'm pretty sure Police don't want to hurt you so just comply, it's so easy and simple. If you're being arrested for the wrong reason specially in a crazy place filled with people it's hard for them to just say "You promised it wasn't you?", "Your promised you're going to stop and be careful and not hurt anyone?" or "Oh ok then yeah just run along mate, sorry about that.".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FISYvvO92T4

There's the little bitch, he deserves absolutely everything he got. He touched a random lady without her permission, it somehow ended up in the hands of the police and the situation escalated because he was verbally abusing the cops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)