Votes: 38 23.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 20.1%

• Total voters

AbsoluteValue

HSC
lolno

that doesn't show a person's overall credibility brahhhzzzzzzzz

what if everyone just liked it for teh lulz, and then disliked a particular post [although useful] because they dislike the user?

Eshayzzzzzzzzzzz
as i said, you can read the post to tell whether someone is a troll and a legit bos user, using the bos system in the correct manner for the right purpose, that is, education...

HSC
For those worried about being negged for no reason, what would be your thoughts regarding a feature that would you allow you to disable rep from your settings? In other words, you would have the ability to participate in the reputation system or completely opt out. (I haven't spoken to harrisony about whether this is technically possible - just throwing it out there).
I actually think this isn't a bad idea. It's not prefect, but it's sort of serves the middleground between the two arguments IMO

Last edited:

lolwot

HSC
Someone probably already said this but what about postive rep only?

lemon1

HSC
did you notice how she implied it wasn't always the case (no you didn't)
What else could it have been for? It's not rocket science, if you can't see that i feel sorry for you

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
I don't really think you're doing much for your arguement lol
and what exactly is my argument

is it because i disagree with her
and want to neg her (which is not only the point of rep but the name of the option for it)

if that's what you meant then
~yes~
I'm really invalidating my argument

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

and want to neg her (which is not only the point of rep but the name of the option for it)

~yes~
I don't think saying "nah you're just dumb" is a constructive arguement.

Also adding to this debate, who is to say what the "point of rep" is? One of the main problems is the mods having different ideas to the users as to what role rep should function as.

Last edited:

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC

~yes~
that's not the primary function of rep button - whether you agree or not. If someone has a post with free notes, you don't rep them because you agree - what's there to agree on? It's more whether you liked the post or not.
Even if it was about disagreeing/agreeing, who cares about someone's level of being 'agreed' with.? It still doesn't make that person a credible source but someone who tends to agree with the majority.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Negging is a way you can quickly, efficiently and privately express to someone you dislike their post. Without this in the rep system, the only way you can relate that you dislike a post is either an outright confrontation in the thread or a PM, which can end up being more personally harmful.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
I don't think saying "nah you're just dumb" is a constructive arguement.

Also adding to this debate, who is to say what the "point of rep" is? One of the main problems is the mods having different ideas to the users as to what role rep should function as.
well look
i could spend an hour and 10+ comments arguing with this broad in a discussion that will derail this thread and won't get anywhere because we're both as stubborn i suspect as each other and when discussions revolve around semantics it gets quite redundant to argue about it
or i could neg her with a final comment, and she me and the whole pointless thing could be avoided. or if extreme take to pm's or bos walls

I think this is the best idea.
nah that's pointless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)