Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
Which customers are the worst? i have had some bad customers in my time: cheap asian, cheap europen, the bogans, the slow ass ederly, the plain stupid people, the angry mums, parent who dont tell there kids to shut up or dont even tell them off...the list just goes on

But
i rekon the cheap asians who pretend they dont speak english, so when u ask "Hi how are you?" they dont say anything, but when something is charged at the wrong price they suddenly are able to speak english and point at the screen furiously shouting "WRONG PRICE I GET FOR FREE". And during the transaction, they just stair at the screen, completely ignoring the bags which are overflowing on the bench where the bags go instead of puting them in her/his trolley. And then after the transaction, they stand right next to the register and go through the reciept to make sure everythig is charged correctly instead of doing it elsewhere, and interupt the workers serving the next customer to ask "THIS IS 3 FOR 2 DOLLARS, FIX IT" and then i have to explain that its discountedned off the total to adjust for that multi buy.

HSC
greekgun said:
Which customers are the worst? i have had some bad customers in my time: cheap asian, cheap europen, the bogans, the slow ass ederly, the plain stupid people, the angry mums, parent who dont tell there kids to shut up or dont even tell them off...the list just goes on

But
i rekon the cheap asians who pretend they dont speak english, so when u ask "Hi how are you?" they dont say anything, but when something is charged at the wrong price they suddenly are able to speak english and point at the screen furiously shouting "WRONG PRICE I GET FOR FREE". And during the transaction, they just stair at the screen, completely ignoring the bags which are overflowing on the bench where the bags go instead of puting them in her/his trolley. And then after the transaction, they stand right next to the register and go through the reciept to make sure everythig is charged correctly instead of doing it elsewhere, and interupt the workers serving the next customer to ask "THIS IS 3 FOR 2 DOLLARS, FIX IT" and then i have to explain that its discountedned off the total to adjust for that multi buy.
Both of these are extremely frustrating.
Especially customers who are pedantic about the way you pack the bags, especially with bread, eggs, biscuits etc, and then you've got NOWHERE to put said nicely packed bags.

jirwin

HSC
I completely agree with you greekgun - they are the worst customers.

In regard to the whole packing of bags, I believe that its not just how the bags are packed but also how they are carried. I can easily pack bread and milk together so that if carried normally/carefully the bread won't be squashed, but no, this isn't good enough for some people and I really hate customers that ask for bags for tiny little things.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Rules for customers:

If you see a fire in the oven. Don't stand around and demand to be served. Get out of the freaking store.

#2) If you want to order something and I misunderstood/you didn't clarify it properly, don't just roll ur eyes when I say sorry and direct you to the correct department. What do you want me to do? pull it out of my ass?

I had a customer who wanted to order turkey. (Just so happened I was doing sliced turkey tray). Iwas like "okay, should be fine. What would you like?"
Customer goes "a hen"
me: "...what?"
Her: "a hen"
Me: "oh ... so you wanted a whole turkey?"
Her: "yes"
Me: "We don't actually order whole turkeys in, but if you try the meat dept they could probably help you. Sorry about that"
Her: ".." walks off.
Me: *thinking, ffs!*)(@*!()*)# *
Honestly. People these days.

mitch179

HSC
wiccanchilde said:
*Dont walk out through one of my registers with a handful of things, then go to the smokeshop and expect me or my staff to serve you because you "need cigarettes too". I will tell you to go and wait in the express line. And I WILL take my time coming to ask what you'd like.
*Speak English. We're in Australia, and it irritates me when your eight year old kid has to interpret for you in broken English.
*I tell you do do things a certain way in selfserve because I know how it works. Do not get shitty with me because you're not doing what i JUST told you to do.
*On that note, if you don't like selfserve, don't line up for one, then look at me and go "are you going to do it for me?" or start scanning and then walk away because you can't be bothered!
WTF?
Do people not get the meaning of selfserve? That's just damn stupid right there.

On a side note, I love using selfserve :D

HSC
having worked 5-6 days a week over the christmas period, i have plenty of stories/rules.

as a couple of people stated on the last page, signs are for reading. we have two signs saying that twilight is sold out, yet the questions continue without fail.

i get irritated when people assume that because one franchise has a book, all of them do. when i said we didn't have a particular thing, the man said 'your george street store does'. it never ceases to amaze me how people don't notice that george street has three stories. logical conclusion, with one story we can't fit everything they can.

unless you tell me the word i'm searching is a brand name/is spelt differently to the normal word, i'm going to go the default way and spell it correctly. don't say, 'did you spell it this way' like i was supposed to intuitively know.

phone customers, don't get stroppy with me if you can't speak properly. i can't help that it sounded like 'breweries' when you actually said 'birds'.

don't come in and tell me 'the author was a priest who wrote a book about horse racing', or 'the author was icelandic', or 'the books she was reading were white with squishy covers' or 'it was advertised on SBS/in the sunday telegraph'. my memory does not store trivial details like this for every book we have, i cannot help you.

don't make me order a DVD if you're not sure it's the right one. this couple said 'it was advertised on SBS' and the husband was adamant and pushy about me ordering it even though they didn't know the exact title. if it's not the right one, i'll be the one in trouble because you couldn't even be bothered to check.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
1# If you want to chat about my radical new hair cut, chanced are most other customers have too, AND I AM SICK OF TALKING ABOUT IT. YES I GOT MY FUCKING HEAD SHAVED GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

2# If you own a pension card, please do not enter the store.

3# Please don't say "don't squish my bread!", it's not as if i had three bottles of coke at hand just ready for the job.

4# Don't say "I'll pack because I'm walking". What? Do you think that you're somehow a special case because you're not driving, and that I add 10kg weights to people who have cars?

5# Asking for bag for one item is the most unnecessary things ever and when i smile and say "Yes, certainly", I'm thinking "You selfish piece of scum, why don't you go out and strangle the fucking dolphin already if you're that keen?"

6# Actually speak to me when you come/leave, and don't be a sour little toad.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
people who wave shit like money and cards in my face while i'm still scanning and packing really piss me off. don't do it.

and when i practically yell at you to swipe your card, don't just lay it on the bench and pretend like you're doing something else! is it that god damn hard.

and today when i was scanning this guys stuff, he bought a pair of shoes. so i thought i scanned them in [he was watching the screen intently by the way] and moved on. then i was curious as to how much they were so i looked up and noticed they hadn't scanned in. so i took them back at out and scanned them and he was obviously cut and thought he would get shit for free.
wrong motherfucker. if he was honest i mayyyy have just let him have it. but nup.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
nicollette said:
Working at Safeway has made me stereotype people so bad. Eg. If I see a scruffy looking bogan who can't string a coherent sentence together without the word 'mate' I know he's going to be a rude bastard who doesn't say hi. Asians are the cheapest people in the world, and will stare at the transaction screen intensely, and let you know they are, just so they don't get ripped off. Then they're the good looking bogans, who 9 out of 10 times come to your register to pick you up/want to have a conversation with. Then there are the indians, they're also pretty cheap, but not to the extent asians are. The Europeans (Slovakia, Turkey or wherever the fk you come from) can't speak English, I had an argument with this lady all because I didn't know she didn't want a bad for her juice and I kept thinking she wanted me to chuck the juice on the watermelon. Am I forgetting anyone else?
Europeans are great whingers too, and really stubborn. There is a bakery next to our store and they have a nice outside eating area plastered with about 150 gazillion no smoking stickers but there are these European tourists sitting there choofing away. I like serving bogans because they don't really care what you do and they're often nicer than the snooty ones who are like 'omg as if you'd work at Woolworths'.

European backpackers are by far my favourite because I like to perv, ha.
I always get customer crushes, and hope they'll come through my register.

alexmartinek

HSC
this thread is pure genius.....i love to read what other people experience, everyone is absolutely hilarious when they whinge

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Don't threaten me. Just do not do it. Ever. I will win. I really hope my boss calls you back tomorrow and chews you out for being such a dumb bitch instead of dealing with your bullshit complaint about nothing because you were in the wrong the whole time, and I'm going to listen in and laugh at you.

Other than that I had a really good day at work today :D

bdude

HSC
I like serving bogans because they don't really care what you do and they're often nicer than the snooty ones who are like 'omg as if you'd work at Woolworths'.
Me too. The people who will squabble about a couple of the dollars are the ones who will pay wou with a wad of $100s or their Super Gold Platinum AMEX and the ones who just let it slide are usually the ones who scrounge around to try and find change in their wallet.

HSC
housah0lic said:
people who wave shit like money and cards in my face while i'm still scanning and packing really piss me off. don't do it.

and when i practically yell at you to swipe your card, don't just lay it on the bench and pretend like you're doing something else! is it that god damn hard.

and today when i was scanning this guys stuff, he bought a pair of shoes. so i thought i scanned them in [he was watching the screen intently by the way] and moved on. then i was curious as to how much they were so i looked up and noticed they hadn't scanned in. so i took them back at out and scanned them and he was obviously cut and thought he would get shit for free.
wrong motherfucker. if he was honest i mayyyy have just let him have it. but nup.
I wouldn't have owned up to it.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
alexmartinek said:
this thread is pure genius.....i love to read what other people experience, everyone is absolutely hilarious when they whinge
:uhhuh:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
customers should just be thankful that they get a table at a restaurant. do they have any idea how busy it is and that none of the staff really give a **** whether you're going to eat here or not...

cant believe they complain about having to wait for 2 hrs when they didnt make a booking. stupid kids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)