Save sex? (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
waterphaerie said:
lol, i'm the one who's being attacked by everyone else, just to point that out...

Anyway. I'm going to bed.
hahaha
attacking?
we're holding a civil arguement.

you don't want attack and this girl agrees:

:)

waterphaerie

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I'm sorry but the purpose of the question, which you've yet to really answer, I think will be to show whether or not you really do believe. Personally I have a sneaking suspicion, since you're a reasonable person, that you don't REALLY believe, you merely hope dearly that there is one.
Excuse me? What is giving you the impression that i dont believe it? If i didn't actually believe it, do you hthink i'd still actually be here trying to argue against 3 or 4 of you at once, who are all attacking me for my beliefs and doubting if i even believe them? Trust me, i wouldnt' still be here unless i was sure.

To be honest i'm a bit offended that you dont think i believe that, and i still dont understand what you used to draw that conclusion.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
waterphaerie said:
Excuse me? What is giving you the impression that i dont believe it? If i didn't actually believe it, do you hthink i'd still actually be here trying to argue against 3 or 4 of you at once, who are all attacking me for my beliefs and doubting if i even believe them? Trust me, i wouldnt' still be here unless i was sure.

To be honest i'm a bit offended that you dont think i believe that, and i still dont understand what you used to draw that conclusion.
We are not attacking you, we are attacking your beliefs and the flaws within them.

I only got mad at you when you started preaching crap to us.

Also he makes a good point. You are yet to answer his question and it's true. Would you be happier if a Christian friend died or moved away?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Excuse me? What is giving you the impression that i dont believe it?
I don't know about you personally. I just think the vast majority of people claiming belief in an afterlife don't really believe, they hope and profess belief, but that's all.

If i didn't actually believe it, do you hthink i'd still actually be here trying to argue against 3 or 4 of you at once, who are all attacking me for my beliefs and doubting if i even believe them?
It's a hope that is dear to you, you're defending a belief that you don't really hold because you really want to hold it. You need to defend the notion because if not, what do you have to hope for?

Trust me, i wouldnt' still be here unless i was sure.
So you'd be as happy/sad upon hearing that a christian friend of yours has died a painless death as you'd be if you heard they'd moved to the behamas? I can't imagine that's true, if it's not, then why not? The answer is because you don't believe in an afterlife the same way as you believe if you walked off a building you will fall to the ground - It is a hope, not a belief.

Why are you offended by it?

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
waterphaerie said:
I'd laugh, but one day "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that jesus christ is lord". So no, i can't laugh. I feel very sorry for you.

Either we can fall on our face now, asking God for forgiveness, or fall on our face wishing that wed taken option A.

It's the most important decision you'll make in your life, i advise you look into it seriously.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Christianity
http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/BibleQuotes.htm

googol

HSC
I want to thank waterfaerie for her hard work on this thread.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Waterphaerie and googol please stop, you are clearly not providing any enlightenment to the topic but opening further pandora's boxes within christian notions of relationships. Also both of you if i can say, are very young, and might still be contained in your bubble of christian upbringing. In reality, no one likes to be preached to so choose your words wisely.

Theology is one thing but application is another. If a so-called Christian decides to have sex before marriage you don't throw stones at them because they've contravened out-dated beliefs (read: don't be on your moral pedestal) but you ask them why they made such a decision and try to empathise with them. The reasons for them choosing to do so can be both varied and valid and would be missed by you if you continued to interpret the Bible in a black-and-white fashion.

If they're like "oh lulz ya i luv the cock and jesus can go suck it because i worship satan's pubes" then maybe something's up. Otherwise don't use the Bible or even christian reading material to prove the existence of God; that's circular logic. Yes it does require a bit of faith but not everyone is cut out for a life of God, the only thing you can do is try to address their questions if they raise any (which you haven't quite done).

As for me I probably will wait until marriage to have sexytimes (i'm christian) but it's not because of me blindly following church doctrine. I just don't take the initiative in relationships and i know i wouldn't be able to get any if it was all casual and a fling. If i was in a serious relationship and the situation arose then most likely yes i would go for it, so will you be preaching to me now?

emma_f

or M
HSC
I'm in the position of the original poster, but my parteners not moving away and we've already had sex. We committed our lives to eachother before doing the deed, and at times we act like the most immature couple that are only concerned with their own wants when we fight but we're learning in this relationship together and I promised him my life. Whenever we have issues, like all couples regardless of being married or not, we're getting better at being open and wording them, resolving them and are learning about eachother and what eachother value both for ourselves and out of other people. Im only human, and on the odd occasion wonder things like what if, but God and I have talked a lot and he's provided direction and strength through everything and without Him and my man I don't think I would have been able to get through final year of school. It all sounds soppy and Dr Phill-ish but anyone explaining their relationship to someone else is like explaining colour to a blind man [sorry if you feel the analogy inappropriate, they were never my forte].

HSC
N/A
(And the Bible also said pi was exactly equal to 3.)

Marriage isn't foolproof. There's no point in not having sex before marriage if you get married for like two minutes and then get a divorce and then... you're screwed.

No pun.

But yeah. You get my point.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Only have sex because you want to, never because someone else you wants to. I have know of (and have been an active participant in) casual sex, but I recently had a quite a few people tell me that I was being a skeese, and I decided to change my ways. I've got nothing against extramarital or even casual sex, but I have found that many people prefer to have sex in a loving relationship because of the emotional binds. However, if you fear losing someone because you're not having sex with them (and they've made a few hints in that direction) and you're not ready, that person is being incosiderate and rude, so I guess the final question is "do you love them enough to give yourself to them?".

6inches

HSC
Its funny how this isnt even about what she is asking anymore... its turned into another "christian vs athiests" thread

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
Everlasting said:
Hey,

Yea im a christian too and the Bible also says in Hebrews 13:4 "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral". So its saying that the bonds of marriage be honoured and if we shoulndt go against it by breaking it.

Im at the stance of saving myself. I went out with a girl for a year aswell and i didnt lose it. 6 months passed and i dont feel as i did about her anymore at all. Its a tough situation that you are in now but God also says in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him".
Yes
Yes
Yes

The Bible, for a Christian, is a way of life. Its not a law. Its a spirit of law. Basically, do what you want. But here, in this book, is God'd way. It is how He wishes us to live.......the only penalty for not living this way is condemnation.

Im not too sure what the BOS community thinks of religion and their philosophies, but if this chick has strong, Christian beliefs, I say dont sleep with the guy. Wait untill you marry him. Then, if you dont marry him, there will be no guilt.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Why would she feel "guilty"? I'm rather sick of people who think the only thing they should save for marriage is your hymen. Nice to know that Christians only care about the physical side of love.

And how do you know that the Bible is God's way or even his word? He can write now?

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
Tulipa said:
Why would she feel "guilty"? I'm rather sick of people who think the only thing they should save for marriage is your hymen. Nice to know that Christians only care about the physical side of love.
One of the Ten Commandments is "Thou shalt not commit adultery" Sex outside of marriage is adultery. Thus guilt can be created by not doing God's will.

And how do you know that the Bible is God's way or even his word? He can write now?
How do we know that Muhammad really spoke to the angle messanger from Allah? How do we know Buddah and all the other teachers and Buddhistavas said all those things?

I think someone said it before....a religion is not just a belief, but a faith. A faith in something that mightn't be proved through things that are seen as 'solid' evidence. A religion is a leap of faith. It grows stronger the more faith you have. I dont know where you stand with religion. And I dont want to offend anyone, and I dont want to start another "does God exist?" thread (coz that was just annoying). But I can feel the presents of God when I talk to Him. and sing to Him. I can feel in my heart that following the Bible is the right thing to do. That's why I personly believe that the Bible is God's word.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You see when they sat down for the first few ecumenical council's and decided what the truth was, they were but puppets in Gods' hands.

One of the Ten Commandments is "Thou shalt not commit adultery" Sex outside of marriage is adultery. Thus guilt can be created by not doing God's will.
And what's the 4th commandment (3rd if you're catholic) ? Does that make you feel guilty too?

How do we know that Muhammad really spoke to the angle messanger from Allah? How do we know Buddah and all the other teachers and Buddhistavas said all those things?
We don't, do you think this somehow hurts her argument?

I think someone said it before....a religion is not just a belief, but a faith. A faith in something that mightn't be proved through things that are seen as 'solid' evidence. A religion is a leap of faith. It grows stronger the more faith you have. I dont know where you stand with religion. And I dont want to offend anyone, and I dont want to start another "does God exist?" thread (coz that was just annoying). But I can feel the presents of God when I talk to Him. and sing to Him. I can feel in my heart that following the Bible is the right thing to do. That's why I personly believe that the Bible is God's word.
Given you're so certain of your belief, I have the same problem for you that I've posed to others before, I'd be very greatful if you could answer it:

If you were to find out a faithful christian friend was going to die and she would recieve pain killers that would eliminate any pain death could bring her, would you feel the same as if she was telling you she was going away for a trip to the behamas and will never come back? I somehow imagine you'd be rather more upset than that.

I'd argue that's because you don't believe in the afterlife anymore than I do, you just hope it's true.

Last edited:

crystaliced

so ... do u like stuff?
HSC
every person must hold on to a belief thats why humans invented religion. Individuals who choose to believe in God or any other god, choose to do so because its the only way they can remain positive about something... But its when a human invention consumes its creator that it becomes scary. THe bible isnt meant to be taken literally, but it is okay to do so as long as you dont impose it on those around you. anyways back to the topic. The question is not "should i have sex with this person even though my religion forbids it?" but rather "am i ready or am i just too scared?" yeah the bible says that chastity is important, but when you think about it thoroughly mary magdalene was a prostitute was she not? yet jesus still saved her.. what's that saying? i think and i know this is my own interpretation if anyone agrees its cool if not its okay, i believe that the salvation of someone who not only had sex before marriage but sold her body shows that its okay god will forgive you and if your goign to lose it to someone why not someone you love.. if it doesnt work out its okay we're only humans its okay to sin. Its one sin and if your really in love it wouldn't matter so much. And if it doesn't work out youll meet another person who it will work out with and they wont care if youve slept with someone else or if your a virgin..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
every person must hold on to a belief thats why humans invented religion.
Erm but clearly some people don't need to hold onto a belief.

Individuals who choose to believe in God or any other god, choose to do so because its the only way they can remain positive about something... But its when a human invention consumes its creator that it becomes scary.
That's an interesting concept, that they 'choose' to believe... It's like 'choosing' to believe you're really michael jordan lol I think you're right that they choose, but it's not to believe, it's to hope.

but when you think about it thoroughly mary magdalene was a prostitute was she not
Where in the bible does it claim mary magdaline was a prostitute? Just to be picky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)