"Stephenie Meyers can't write" - Stephen King (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
She has a different target audience?

What is with people and their narrow perspectives. =='

I love both authors !
I love King's horror and suspense novels
and I do love Twilight too...

So, basically, both authors have different types of genres and different target audiences.
You don't see Meyer writing about a New Age where people are being turned into zombies by just picking up their phone, or a murderer that kidnaps a random passerbyer.
Nor do you see King writing in conditions that suit the reading level of a 13 year old.

So stop the bashing please :)

I could shit on a piece of paper and it would be better then her writing.

HSC
Twilight is shithouse and lame and I cannot understand why so many people find it so great.

Stephen King is infinitely better at everything.
Strangely enough, i had the same debate with a junior the other day. I finished reading "The Vampire Armand" and i was comparing Meyer with Anne Rice with the librarian. Oh gawd. i could have killed that junior with the damn book!!!
She's like: "Oh, but Edwards soo hawt"
I'm like: "HE'S A FRICKING BOOK CHARACTER"
Her: "but Robert P is so hawt!"
Me: "THEY HAD TO CG HIS BODY. IS THAT NOT TELLING YOU SOMETHING?!"

It ended with the librarian taking my side, hurhur. I'm still cringing from the fact that she bought the french version of twilight for the foreign languages section. Eww.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
No.

But plenty of people hate on Britney, Lady Gaga etc.

Even though they are clearly better than them.

Power + Money > everything k.
I just needed to quote to highlight the incredible stupidity of this statement.

This is the average intelligence of your average twihard fan.

HSC
Uni Grad
Uh no.

Harry Potter was also targeted as kids but does the series detest people as much as Twilight? No of course not, because it's actually well written.
It seems I cannot help but to agree with pretty much everything you say, lol.

klaris

HSC
Meyer doesn't know shit from clay.

Re-used plot.

All characters need to GET OVER THEMSELVES.

It's only popular because 12 year old's think they're cool reading about a 17 year old girl in "love" with a vampire.

You can "read" it by skimming it.

Meyer's doesn't understand that no one likes condescending bitches (Bella in other words)

Also, you just don't write down to your audience. If the tweens weren't so infatuated with Edward's "hot" they would realise that.

GRR. Even typing about this is making me angry.

Last edited:

jiratic

HSC
i agree sort of, but Harry Potter isn't exactly well written. If you were to judge it purely by its writing it'd be a 7, 7.5 out of 10.
what makes harry potter so readable, is the depth of plot, it has one of the most intricately constructed plots of any novel i've ever read.
I'm not saying the writing's bad, and yes it is written for a young demographic, but Dahl and other children's writers do have a higher quality of prose, plot with standing.

klaris

HSC
+1 to above post.

I read the first 70-100 pages of Twilight. I had no desire to read anymore. I realised it was just a heap of whinging, moaning bull with no plot or character development whatsoever.

The plot is just...ugh.

In a sentence: it is all over the place.

I could go on for hours though.

There is a reason why only tweens read Twilight and people aged from 7-70 read Harry Potter.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
i agree sort of, but Harry Potter isn't exactly well written. If you were to judge it purely by its writing it'd be a 7, 7.5 out of 10.
what makes harry potter so readable, is the depth of plot, it has one of the most intricately constructed plots of any novel i've ever read.
I'm not saying the writing's bad, and yes it is written for a young demographic, but Dahl and other children's writers do have a higher quality of prose, plot with standing.
But no one ever said Dahl was a shit author.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
+1 to above post.

I read the first 70-100 pages of Twilight. I had no desire to read anymore. I realised it was just a heap of whinging, moaning bull with no plot or character development whatsoever.

The plot is just...ugh.

In a sentence: it is all over the place.

I could go on for hours though.

There is a reason why only tweens read Twilight and people aged from 7-70 read Harry Potter.
Uh, sadly, this is not true.
I've seen a fair few women wearing 'I Love Edward' shirts.

jiratic

HSC
well heres an interesting tidbit. When millions of 40 year old women oggle at lust Taylor Lautner and twiligth underageness it's ok.
if a bunch of 40 year old guys were to, and situations were reversed they'd be in for a lynching.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
its twilight so no care.
make sure to engage in garlic and silver SAA fights at every twilight convention.
show them how italians make a good meal out of them.

Villa94

HSC
Twilight sucks, simple as that, like in all romance movies/novels nothing happens, as for the Edward guy he was better off deceased when Voldemort 'The Allmighty' killed him in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Good Quote

Also Twilight is so shit i dont know why so many people all go with the hype

klaris

HSC
I nearly died today when I saw Wuthering Heights had been given a "Twilight make-over"

The cover was in the font and style of Twilight and on it it had a stamp that said "Bella and Edward's favourite book"

UGH.

Why take one of the most tragic, well-written romances of all time and make it an EPIC FAIL with a "Twilight make-over"

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I nearly died today when I saw Wuthering Heights had been given a "Twilight make-over"

The cover was in the font and style of Twilight and on it it had a stamp that said "Bella and Edward's favourite book"

UGH.

Why take one of the most tragic, well-written romances of all time and make it an EPIC FAIL with a "Twilight make-over"
o_O

why

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

UGH.

Why take one of the most tragic, well-written romances of all time and make it an EPIC FAIL with a "Twilight make-over"</SPAN>
As would many others. Twilight makeover... WTF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)