• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

rose2

HSC
wow,labour day tommorrow.
i am doing a 5 hour shift tommorrow.who else is working??

Is it gonna be busy???any idea?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
As it stands we barely have any...
They're taking them away one by one and forcing us to work... =[

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
Checkout department needs to wake up tbh.

Everyone in our store is sick of them calling up longlife/perishables/produce people for checkout work.

They aren't employed as checkout, the checkout department should hire other people if they expect a busy time.

Just annoying that we get distracted from our work for something we shouldn't have to do.

HSC
Checkout department needs to wake up tbh.

Everyone in our store is sick of them calling up longlife/perishables/produce people for checkout work.

They aren't employed as checkout, the checkout department should hire other people if they expect a busy time.

Just annoying that we get distracted from our work for something we shouldn't have to do.
I've addressed this topic previously, but just to reiterate:

Frontend, like all departments, work to a budget. This budget is determined far beyond the CSM. Supervisors are only there to respond to what happens on any given shift - this means calling express alerts if need be.

I know what its like to be distracted from your work by checkouts - I work grocery/nontrade as well as being a service supervisor and I can name many times where my work is incomplete because of express alerts.

However, as a supervisor, I don't like calling express alerts. I would MUCH RATHER have more of my own staff than random perishables/grocery staff members. It takes less work, in terms of snapping shared registers and helping inexperienced operators, to have my own staff on. But I don't have this luxury. Instead I am abused my customers who think I can pull operators out of my ass.

You work in customer service as well. Its imperative that you respond to frontend when you can.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

ITT: everyone pats me on the back and gives me +rep because i am awesome.

I am also disappointed that this ISNT my most successful thread.....what with it being helpful and all compared to my usual drivel.

Harry778

HSC
I TOTALLY know what you mean by customers expecting us to pull checkout people from our ass'. Its so goddam annoying! I just say I'm doing the best I can with what staff I have, LOL or say go serve your self, on self serve. that always shuts them up :D

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
You work in customer service as well. Its imperative that you respond to frontend when you can.
I was a checkout op before I was Produce 2IC but whenever express alerts were called I refused to go. I had my own job to do it's not my fault if they are short on staff.

Peartie

HSC
when I was working Longlife our manager a few times said "do NOT go up to any checkouts today, we have 2 much to do and not enough people"

and at my store when people got called up they seemed to be put onto normal checkouts rather than express so they were gone for hours - although one time they called up people but all the checkouts were already occupied by service staff....

greekgun

HSC
Meh, long life/perishable/grocery etc get a little skitso when they have to help us out, but when we have to help them out with stuff like stocktake, lose stock etc we dont have a sook.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Meh, long life/perishable/grocery etc get a little skitso when they have to help us out, but when we have to help them out with stuff like stocktake, lose stock etc we dont have a sook.
exactly! when we have nothing to do and we are sent off to routine the shelves we dont grumble.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
whilst i understand this notion that getting called up to the front distracts from your "work". your main "work/job" is to serve customers, like it or not you work in retail. without the frontend your job wouldnt even exist.

i dont like calling express alerts either, but i'll do it in a second instead of being abused by the store manager for having lines that are too long. Front end always helps out groceries, so in the end it probably evens out.

so if you dont like it, complain to the store manager about short staff, not the supervisor, just remember that if you guys dont come up, and that impacts on customer service, then sales go down and so do wage bugets - then we're all out of a job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)