The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I went through the Woolies Pertrol this morning and I was just looking at my EFTPOS docket and I have only been charged $11. It was pump 1, and it has gone through as pump 11. I put $25 in so essentially its not a big difference but will they come chase it up? I used my Staff Discount which makes me wonder.

It wasn't my fault, I told him which car I was, just swiped my card and didn't even bother checking the price (it was meant to be $25 exact) until just now.

Dr1p_Dr0pz

HSC
hey all, ive got a group assessment/interview tomorrow. any tips ?

i was looking at the first 10 pages or so and it doesnt seem to hard, the HR lady told me it will go for 1hour :S
just an update from my last post a few weeks ago....

i went to the group interview, it was about 10-15 people (half were old asian people with no english skills), week later they called me back successful and went to the store interview, did a 5-10questionaire thingy with the 2 managers there or whatever they were and was done in 10mins, week later get an email as unsuccessful, another week later get called up from woolworths asking if im still interesting... and now i have induction tomorrow ( 8am to 5pm, :S )

So yeah :drink:

for the people wonder what the group interview was, they basically talk for 5-10mins and then u gotta talk to the person next to u for 5mins and then introduce them to the group, after that its a test of about 50 question which are just multiple choice barcode easy questions and then thats it good luck anyone trying to a job with them

bdude

HSC
You know how I was whinging about only having 3 hours? Well that's managed to work it's way up to 16. I love how that works. Also got 21 hours for next week.

jirwin

HSC
You know how I was whinging about only having 3 hours? Well that's managed to work it's way up to 16. I love how that works. Also got 21 hours for next week.
I got 7hrs this week - 4hrs tomorrow (9.45-1.45) and 3hrs on Sunday (3.30-6.30pm). I'm happy with that amount. I had 15hrs last week and all I've done this week is assessments. I always seem to get heaps of hours when I have assessments due, and when I have 'time' to work I get less hours. Does that happen to anyone else?

Called up to get my roster this evening. Apparently they are attaching roster slips to our pay slips now. Guess had to many miss-communication/no shows regarding shift times. I got 8hours - 6am-10am on Wednesday and Sunday 5.30pm-9.30pm. Both good and bad - I like the morning shifts because its over and done with early but getting up at 4.45am in this weather isn't going to be good!

Oh btw babikakez, I did try and reply to your comment regarding my coles audio script but my ipod touch wouldn't submit it - yes my supervisors are that nice, at least some of them. Some of the night ones always say 'thanks' to me at the end of my shift, usually when I've agreed to do some job like cleaning/washing the registers - I'm just doing my job, I don't expect a thanks but its nice to have my work recognised. Also some say thanks when I come in for extra shifts. I've been thanked by my 2IC and CSM before.

brookie94

HSC
I got 7hrs this week - 4hrs tomorrow (9.45-1.45) and 3hrs on Sunday (3.30-6.30pm). I'm happy with that amount. I had 15hrs last week and all I've done this week is assessments. I always seem to get heaps of hours when I have assessments due, and when I have 'time' to work I get less hours. Does that happen to anyone else?

Called up to get my roster this evening. Apparently they are attaching roster slips to our pay slips now. Guess had to many miss-communication/no shows regarding shift times. I got 8hours - 6am-10am on Wednesday and Sunday 5.30pm-9.30pm. Both good and bad - I like the morning shifts because its over and done with early but getting up at 4.45am in this weather isn't going to be good!

Oh btw babikakez, I did try and reply to your comment regarding my coles audio script but my ipod touch wouldn't submit it - yes my supervisors are that nice, at least some of them. Some of the night ones always say 'thanks' to me at the end of my shift, usually when I've agreed to do some job like cleaning/washing the registers - I'm just doing my job, I don't expect a thanks but its nice to have my work recognised. Also some say thanks when I come in for extra shifts. I've been thanked by my 2IC and CSM before.
The roster idea is good!! So much easier! Lol. Yeh my supervisors are like that too, always sounds like that.. I get thanked after most shift whether it be supervisor or 2ic/CSM/3ic

HSC
The roster idea is good!! So much easier! Lol. Yeh my supervisors are like that too, always sounds like that.. I get thanked after most shift whether it be supervisor or 2ic/CSM/3ic
I love when they call you in and over the phone you get hailed and they're so greatful, but as soon as you get there, they act like you were rostered and didn't have other plans.
that's what it can be like sometimes at my store.

bdude

HSC
Called up to get my roster this evening. Apparently they are attaching roster slips to our pay slips now. Guess had to many miss-communication/no shows regarding shift times. I got 8hours - 6am-10am on Wednesday and Sunday 5.30pm-9.30pm. Both good and bad - I like the morning shifts because its over and done with early but getting up at 4.45am in this weather isn't going to be good!.
I've seen those at my friend's place, it's a decent idea. I don't mind how our system works though, we have a folder with a table with names down the lefts and days across the top. You or a supervisor write the hours onto like a post-it and then you initial your name to say they're correct.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
I love when they call you in and over the phone you get hailed and they're so greatful, but as soon as you get there, they act like you were rostered and didn't have other plans.
that's what it can be like sometimes at my store.
yes totally agree with that!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Was walking up to check rosters today, SM was like "wanna do a shift on sunday". I was like "uhh what time", he's like "whenever you want matie, can come in at 7am if you wanted too", I was like "shaweeeet! :D", not very often you can pick the time you want to work!

Barney_Stinson

HSC
this week they gave me a single 4 hour shift..... spose its better than nothing

how long till they start giving me 10+ hours though?

seriously thinking i should start looking for another job....

pandaaMONIA

HSC
12:00 - 21:00 today :\
Seriously not looking forward to standing for nine hours, today.
Same next week:

Friday 16:00 - 21:00
Saturday 8:30 - 17:30

erguguh

HSC
Probably a good idea.
Remember also that its nearly end of financial year and they always skimp on wages around now to get a better result - and longlife is one of the first departments to get hit. That doesn't really help you though...

Ugh, I'm working at another store on monday, half smokeshop half supervision, and I just found out my awful awful grocery 2IC is going to be there as well. Nooooooooooo :angry:

Barney_Stinson

HSC
Probably a good idea.
Remember also that its nearly end of financial year and they always skimp on wages around now to get a better result - and longlife is one of the first departments to get hit. That doesn't really help you though...

Ugh, I'm working at another store on monday, half smokeshop half supervision, and I just found out my awful awful grocery 2IC is going to be there as well. Nooooooooooo :angry:
ohk , i hadn't even thought of that

i guess then i can hope that it gets better in a months time

i'm really not asking for that many shifts i just want maybe 3 4 hour shifts a week to help me pay for food, travel and everything else that comes with being a uni student

NNS7

HSC
N/A
ohk , i hadn't even thought of that

i guess then i can hope that it gets better in a months time

i'm really not asking for that many shifts i just want maybe 3 4 hour shifts a week to help me pay for food, travel and everything else that comes with being a uni student
Have you asked your manager for more hours? or discussed the reason why you want more hours? sometimes this can help with some managers, if they know you have rent/bills to pay they may be more inclined to give you hours as opposed to them assuming you are living at home and just want drinking money....

britto89

HSC
New back office system - ISIS

So anyone care to share ISIS experiences. My store hasn't been switched over yet (Area 6.1) and was interested in what its like.

I use Backoffice, Stock management and the RF guns quite often as I do storeman shifts (receiving orders,etc) as well as general day to day tickets and autostockr routines. I'm hoping we get some better features with reports such as only printing certain pages as well as the receiving orders section. Being able to see what time,etc. a load was dispatched from a warehouse, or if its currently being picked,etc. as well as a better ULD system. Is it a whole new RF guns interface?

Hopefully we get the new system soon, but it will probably take ages for everyone to be rolled over (similar to WowPOS). Also, does anyone know if we'll ever get employee self service or something simillar. I was told years ago that PAYMAS was on its way out. Not that i care, PAYMAS still pays me fine but it would be good to get some increased functionality from a more up to date system.

britto

HSC
Have you asked your manager for more hours? or discussed the reason why you want more hours? sometimes this can help with some managers, if they know you have rent/bills to pay they may be more inclined to give you hours as opposed to them assuming you are living at home and just want drinking money....
While this isn't true all of the time, some managers can be pretty reasonable. When I was desparately trying to get my 19k/18 months done for centrelink, I explained the situation to my SSM and he overlooked the fact that most weeks I was working more than 38 hours - in fact he made the comment that paying me overtime was usually cheaper than bringing in an adult casual, so why not exploit me.

Saying that though I wasn't new at all, and I had to do some really crap jobs (green arrows, monday morning tickets, cleaning up after a flood etc etc).

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Well as of today I am once again a fresh food person.

Tbh, my mum just wanted her discount card back...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)