Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI? (1 Viewer)

xJennax

HSC
Lol my parents won't really care if I didn't get an excellent one...it's not the end of the world.

SimonLee13

HSC
WannaBang? said:
I said Sefton High is A top ranked school, which is true.
Top ranked school my ass. You go to Sefton when you fail other schools, it's usually your last choice, last resort.

lionking1191

HSC
sefton wasn't that bad. a top 30 school isn't bad by any means

i remember my last choice was a toss up between syd tech and sefton, went for tech in the end :rolleyes:

Takuto

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
You can get a high UAI going to some School with teachers that dont speak english and is ranked 700 as long as u are willing to put the hard work in. Schools are not everything.
that is so true. nowadays there is the internet, where every resource is at the tip of ur hands, regardless of school.

this was not the case a while back, where students heavily depended on school resources, teachers.

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
Top ranked school my ass. You go to Sefton when you fail other schools, it's usually your last choice, last resort.
funny

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Takuto said:
that is so true. nowadays there is the internet, where every resource is at the tip of ur hands, regardless of school.

this was not the case a while back, where students heavily depended on school resources, teachers.
Exactly and if you still depend on your teachers to teach you everything you are been to dependant and need to be 'spoon fed'
There is always ways of getting the information and the resources that you need

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
My apoligies go to tommykins and anyone else who was offended by my posts. In hindsight I seem to have gotten just a bit emotional about things. And your right, i acutally haven't done any research.

But on that point, your like my english teacher.
"I think that (blah)" i say.
"Oh, I see that your trying to say (something entirely different from what I said)" she replys
~~~ lol :p ~~~

I happen to have extracurricular activities EVERY afternoon, so when you accuse my of 'just having a piece of paper', you'd be wrong. And though you say Experience > degree, no degree means no job [in certain fields, I'm not saying you can't get a job without a degree, I'm saying that if 2 people had degree's and one had experience then obviously that one with experience would get the job (plus the consideration of job interviews etc, you know what I mean), but if say there's a advertisement for, eg. lawyer, then obviously a degree just might help here...]

And what you say about UAI is true. AFTER I get into uni I won't give a shit anymore, but whilst I'm still at school it does seem like the end of the world. Parents don't help either.

But enough of that. On topic, my {asian} parents would be extremely happy if 100 UAI - but impossible :( -, pretty happy for 99+, not that happy for 95+, and if I got below 90 they'd probably kill me, but no, I wouldn't get kicked out of the house.

NB: How do you all know I go to sydney boys??? (I thought i never told any1...)
NBB: lol at melanie's post: "if all parents kicked out their children if they didn't get a UAI of 99+, there would be a whole lot of little kiddies roaming around the streets." :D
NBNB: @ the person who insulted my intelligence and ability to write fluently, I'm not even bothered to scroll down to find your name cause who the fuck cares what your name is. say whatever you want, and though this may sound arrogant to a certain degree, keep wiping that toilet bowl and stop annoying me. Or go get my coffee and make it fast.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Apology accepted mate - although i would seriously advise that you should prepare to throw away your pride in order to learn. i don't blame you for not knowing the real picture about the HSC, but hopefully you learn from something.

I knew you were from Sydney Boys due to your profile.

Realistically, although HSC is only a small bit of the bigger picture (ie. Life), it doesn't mean that you shouldn't try.

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
tommykins said:
Apology accepted mate - although i would seriously advise that you should prepare to throw away your pride in order to learn. i don't blame you for not knowing the real picture about the HSC, but hopefully you learn from something.

I knew you were from Sydney Boys due to your profile.

Realistically, although HSC is only a small bit of the bigger picture (ie. Life), it doesn't mean that you shouldn't try.
lol, I'm not actually like this in real life... double-personality much?

*mental note: change profile :p*

HSC
and i tried so hard.......who am i kidding i lie i lie // ahwells im still in uni doing a degree so im not complaining haha

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Did you get kicked out of the house?
That isn't bad btw :p
being asian..that's like the ultimate taboo..but then i SWEAR they ran out of the asian genes when they were creating me

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
haiironotenshi said:
and i tried so hard.......who am i kidding i lie i lie // ahwells im still in uni doing a degree so im not complaining haha

hahaha

how come u didnt try (harder?)?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
haiironotenshi said:
well...i had other priorities...like my passion for baking cakes ... seriously :p
sweet!!!

but coffee's better tho

HSC
dwarven said:
sweet!!!

but coffee's better tho
well iunno the HSC is a blur to me...but whenever i see kids with 08 jerseys i just wanna point at them and laugh hahaha joke joke !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)