CSSA Mathematics Advanced Paper (1 Viewer)

icecoffee

HSC
dolbinau said:
1. First function value was 0, (and last was 0)

2. Ditto.
I put the first function value as 0 and something weird and wacky for the last function value! What was i thinking?! *sigh*

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: CSSA Mathematics Advanced Paper

tommykins said:
I apologise and retract my statement, it just seemed like you KNEW it was the CSSA paper and wanted to cheat.

Look around the BoS resource section and do past HSC papers.
lol thank you, i don't like cheating as much as the next student. You were all talking bout the paper so i wanted to attempt it as practice for my trial (which is independent to the CSSA). I've done all the previous years CSSA trials and scored on average 114/120, highest being 117 and as u were saying this paper was harder i wanted to try it out, sorry for all the misconception everyone lol i'll be more succinct next time

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
homijoe said:
yeh find the gradient of the tangent of the 2 points (0,10) and (4,8) and ull get -1/2. therefore f'(4)= -0.5
That's my answer. f(4) is not a stationary point but that's what some people thought, lol.

By the way, what were your guys' answers for bearing question?

Last edited:

dolbinau

HSC
Without Wings said:
Please read the announcement here relating to trial papers.

Probably a good idea if everyone has a look at it ;)
Isn't this extremely hypocritical considering the resource section is full of photocopied trial papers?

dolbinau

HSC
Btw, when you were finding the area of the triangle in question 2...was the length of one of the sides not an integer? (so the final answer had decimals?)

HSC
Guys give up about fucking CSSA shit. They are terrible!

Move on and focus next few exams and then study well for HSC. It will be alot easier than fucking caths!

Zephyrio

HSC
lyounamu said:
That's my answer. f(4) is not a stationary point but that's what some people thought, lol.

By the way, what were your guys' answers for bearing question?
Something like 285degrees.

Rix123

HSC
This was by far the hardest exam i have ever written! Not just the questions but the time that they made us do it in. did anyone else skip like a whole question?

And I agree - the first 6 questions took soo much longer to do than other past papers.

doink

Clone
HSC
Why does everyone in 2U regular think they do Advanced Maths? Its hardly advanced in any way.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I am not sure with my school used CSSA, does question 10 have a cone in it on CSSA?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
Something like 285degrees.
Awesome!! I got that. I was worried that I might get that wrong to lose the hope of 100%.

Last edited:

smileee

HSC
icecoffee said:
That question threw me off for some reason! I know exactly what to do for Simpson's rule and i was pretty confident about the Trapezoidal rule but then i got really confused...
There were six sub-intervals but only 5 function values, what was the first one?
Also for the spiral question it took me a while, a whole heap of crossing out and a lot of scribbling but i finally proved it was a GP! That alone makes me happy, even if i did screw the rest up! >.<
I looked at that question and was like WAAAT?!
Normally when they give you a number of subintervals, you add one and thats the number of funciton values. So theyre giving us 6 and expecting us to have 7 function values?! I just assumed that at 0 and 30 the width of the pond was 0 :S

We were lucky though, our school had taken out all sequence & series & probability so the exam was okay.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
smileee said:
I looked at that question and was like WAAAT?!
Normally when they give you a number of subintervals, you add one and thats the number of funciton values. So theyre giving us 6 and expecting us to have 7 function values?! I just assumed that at 0 and 30 the width of the pond was 0 :S

We were lucky though, our school had taken out all sequence & series & probability so the exam was okay.
Yeah, true. 6 sub-intervals = 7 function values with 5 being heigt. I stupidly used Simpsons' in the first round around. So glad that I chaned during my rechecking.

RozBoz1

HSC
It was definetly harder than the trials i had practiced. i just went round and round in circles with the trig proving stuff haha i was like so that can equal sin and that one can be cos cos thats sec so its tan upsidedown... etc.
shiit i dont think i got any of the one mark questions either,.. crapppppyyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)