Free school travel axed (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
jessiminica said:
I dunno how we're gonna cope. Our family can't afford $800 for us to go to school. It's ridiculous :(
Mabye your parents could get a job or something?

jessiminica

HSC
Graney said:
Mabye your parents could get a job or something?
Hey, hey, hey, y'know what? Fuck you.

My mother work 40 hours a week in a childcare centre, which pays shit-all, even though with two degrees and a tafe diploma she's the highest qualified person there. She's getting yet another qualification to be able to teach adults so she maybe gets paid a decent wage My father doesn't lve with us and has depression and bi-polar, and people refuse to employ people with any mental disorder, so he has to live on the dole. Mum looks after herself, two kids, and often has to lend dad fifty bucks. So shut your face before you start sayng shit.

jessiminica

HSC
Graney said:
Cut your expenses.
We would if we could afford to. We buy what's neccesary. Sorry we don't earn as much as some people and can't afford this, but just so you know, $800 is a hell of a lot for some people, not everyone's family earns 50K +

aimhigh10

HSC
i dont care about the back to school allowance - $50, what can you buy with that? half a textbook?
but travel
i have to travel an hour by train and the fare is around $4.70 for return
i guess i will just have to use my lunch money. and starve. and then die of starvation.

fucking nathan rees.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Captin gay said:
Good policy from the Premier. This will encourage parents to send their kids to their local school, leading to decongestion in the trains. Mornings are ridiculous
I wonder what will happen to James Ruse?

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
disgracefull... just enticing us to rort the train systemm... does he think axing our train passes will mean we will start paying for trains ??!??!?!!
well if so he is totally wrong...

HSC
Actually, on second thoughts, the proposal suits me really nicely..

I elected t do TVET so that means I won't have to buy a ticket every time I take the train to Central!

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Fortify said:
I wonder what will happen to James Ruse?
What will happen to James Ruse? We won't get the pass, and we won't buy tickets, and we will rarely be caught out because Carlingford is a hole of a station with hardly any trains in the first place.

Back to school allowance was never enough to do anything with, but paying for public transport is just stupid. As if it costs $700/year to cram 60 people in a dodgy old un-airconditioned bus every day. Pssh =[

Cerry

HSC
Exphate said:
$50 doesn't by uniforms. Not by a long shot.
It won't buy a uniform for a private school. And it probably won't buy a brand new public school uniform. But it will buy a second hand uniform for a public school. I've been to 4 schools (including one private school), and every single one of them has sold second hand uniforms quite cheaply. Granted, $50 doesn't buy shoes, but most people own a pair of those already.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
sucks...
I'm one of four kids, single parent family etc etc.
Thank God I'm finishing school after this year coz it'll be almost $1200 for my mother to pay for my siblings to get to & from school. That or she'll be foreced to drive them on her way to work.
State Govt just keeps getting worse & worse.

lala2

Banned
HSC
$800 is a lot to be paying. I already wince at paying for my FlexiPass at the start of each semester--$130ish in one go and that gives me great discounts on the long run already. What about people who live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a long term saving like that?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
pooooor oooold nathan.

he doesnt quite seem to have grasped the concept of voter support.

it isnt many years till the victims of this cutback will be the ones shipping him back to the shadow cabinet.

i think its sad that as a state we havent had a decent politician since bob carr hung up his briefcase.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
aimhigh10 said:
i dont care about the back to school allowance - $50, what can you buy with that? half a textbook?
but travel
i have to travel an hour by train and the fare is around $4.70 for return
i guess i will just have to use my lunch money. and starve. and then die of starvation.

fucking nathan rees.
i spose we have to give him a bit of pity. i don't think even one of the kennedy brothers (god rest their souls) could have come to this job without crashing and burning, sheerly because it was previously held by good old morris. who seems to be a really nice guy, but gives the general impression of an 5 year old doing his best to be a 'big boy' while talking to an adult.

cherrii--X

HSC
yo you know some schools in Sydney are doing a joined petition against the axeing of bus passes?

doubt it'll do any work now..the budget proposal has been made...

ASNSWR127

HSC
um guys its called walking, if you live on the Nth Shore and live 20 mins walk away from the school

Walk - tough get over it.

if you live anywhere in sydney adn can pay for it, tough, walk or pay.

if however you live in rural regions or ar poor what the fuck are they thinking??

also if you whinge about increaseed taxes and want that small 500 extra year in tax cuts that you in your pea brained mentality feel that you need.... this is the result.

thankyou

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Yeah, but the North Shore is massive. To get from the station to my house (yes, on the North Shore) is a 40 minute walk downhill on a very steep slope. It'd take me forever if I had to go to my old high school, or even the local comprehensive. But yeah, I agree that if you live within 20 minutes walk of anything you should walk it. Rural kids should be exempt from this because there are no nearby schools anyhow. All the politicians are Sydney-centric, they seem to have forgotten that the rest of NSW does exist.

btw, I am a fast walker. I calculated about 5-6km/h.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)