General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

danieyo

HSC
first section was a bit LOL, i think i babbled on a bit
creative writing was alrite, but i was running over the 40 min mark, could have written more
i ran out of time for section three fml

5/8/9

but thank god thats over, bring on the modules =='

pman

Banned
HSC
Hated section 2, prob didn't write enough but relatively happy with it!

Loved the essay question, suited my ad-mat to a tee

La Bomba

HSC
was a hektik test. was great, al material i prepared adapted well to question. wrote 8 pages for Q1, expecting 13/15 at least, 10 pages for section II, expecting 14/15, section III was my favourite, expecting 15/15. i was in da zone :D

.N.

HSC
Alright exam since it's the first year doing belonging.
However, time kills it!

da-g91

HSC
was a decent exam. gunned the short story but went on about shit through my essay...still think i handled it well though get a solid mark

choke

HSC
That was a pretty crappy exam D= ! My handwriting got worse and worse!

Section 1: I suppose that was OK... I'm most confident with my responses (8 pages)
Section 2: I completed this section in the last 30 minutes... (10 pages)
Section 3: TERRIBLE! I had difficulties adapting my essay to this question and yes... like many others, I wrote about TWO related texts ARGH... (10 pages)

And I was wondering... How important is ranking?

I've got a school ranking of 1... so if I don't do too well in this exam... how does that affect my mark? and how does that affect the marks of my classmates? Apparently I drag all their marks down?? D=

La Bomba

HSC
obviously u shuldnt of had a school ranking of 1 if u arent even able to read a question. the question asked for ONE related text lmaooooo. but if you did two you shuld be fine, they will just ignore the related text u did the worst in. =)

La Bomba

HSC
if another classmate does well you'l get draged up at their expense

Libby01P

Banned
HSC
6 8 10

It was pretty good, I even managed to finish after having to copy out section two from my section one booklet I had written in by mistake *headdesk* Section 2 was definitely my worst. I bet they can't even understand my writing.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
Overall, pretty good. Much easier than the Catholic Trial, I thought.
I thought the CSSA paper was much harder too. I did my exam reverse starting with the essay, creative writing then the reading task. I finished with about 2 minutes to go.

I wrote six pages on each section. Hoping for an overall mark of over 80%.

bethy g

HSC
could u do the creative responce in a negative but it showed the importance of relationships??like what happens when relationships are not formed..they are rejected?

tlelover91

HSC
I was all over the place... I did 3 questions of section one then skipped to section 3, wrote about skrzynecki then skipped back to section two, wrote my story (which I made up on the spot), then I went back to section 3 wrote about my related text (so glad we only needed one even though I studied two) and then I did the last 2 questions of section one

I didn't like the last 2 questions of section 1, the first question was easy, section two was a bit rushed but I think the basis of the story was great. It wasn't obvious what was going on in the story until at the end so I guess that will give me marks.
Section 3 was a bit rushed and kinda jumped from one point to the next without really flowing...

But here's hoping that I and the rest of you did well... Fingers crossed

Next: IPT... who else will be doing the IPT exam tomorrow? I'm pretty confident about it

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
i didnt have time to count my pages :/ like others

buttttt all i know is for the section 3 bit i did 2 booklets 2nd booklet was half a page (just my conclusion)

(and i did 2 related texts.
when we finished and ppl were like fuck! they asked for one..
i was all THEY DID? D: i totally neglected the big, capitalised ONE .. i dont know how i wouldve handled it :\ )

S1: PLS GIVE ME 15/15
S2: after reading the posts on creative, i'm not so confident anymore.
ATLEAST 12/15. :(
S3: ditto

PLS BAND 5 OR 6!
pls dont let paper 2 kill those chances D:

madsam

God among men
HSC
I thought it was fairly easeh, the one related text was a bitch though

Ended up writing 7 9 and 11 pages for each section, memorized creative writing so i could churn it out in 20 minutes

For the essay, i ended up using 2 related anyway, but my whole last point was basically my second additional, with a bit of relating to how it parallels in my main text, so who knows?

hoping for 13+ all round

emilyjansen

HSC
5/9/14 (with pretty big handwriting).

My creative piece didn't suit either which I was a bit annoyed about, but I though the essay q was pretty good. And you can never really know with the first section. Ok, I thought...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)