Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

CurlyRuby

HSC
stazi said:
or rather some people see the bible as the be all and end all to living their lives, and will adapt the verses within the bible to suit their own agenda.

there is a plurality of meaning that can be derived from each of the verses. if you wanted to treat women as slaves, then you could adapt verses to suit that need; if you wanted to believe that black people own the earth, you could, again, do the same.
Yep, and furthermore, a lot of people interpret that particular verse to be against improper behaviour in the TEMPLE, rather than specifically being against homosexual conduct.

And even if it is considered anti-homosexual, the fact of the matter is there's a lot of stuff in the bible which we don't consider right today (just look at Philemon 1:15-16 for a start, slavery).

AND Levitcus 18:22, which is the big big anti homosexual one that people use all the time, there are also things in that chapter about not having sex with a woman during her period, and the chapter immediatley previous to that tells us how to slaughter animals for sacrifice...we don't believe in all those things as being strict christian views, so why does everyone take the points on homosexuality to be such a given?

It really shits me tbh.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
CurlyRuby said:
Yep, and furthermore, a lot of people interpret that particular verse to be against improper behaviour in the TEMPLE, rather than specifically being against homosexual conduct.

And even if it is considered anti-homosexual, the fact of the matter is there's a lot of stuff in the bible which we don't consider right today (just look at Philemon 1:15-16 for a start, slavery).

AND Levitcus 18:22, which is the big big anti homosexual one that people use all the time, there are also things in that chapter about not having sex with a woman during her period, and the chapter immediatley previous to that tells us how to slaughter animals for sacrifice...we don't believe in all those things as being strict christian views, so why does everyone take the points on homosexuality to be such a given?

It really shits me tbh.
I believe President Bartlet sums it up best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHaVUjjH3EI

BackCountrySnow

HSC
danthemanly said:
Think about it like this. If you have a locked door and you need to get in you use a key in the keyhole. If i bang two keys together than the door doesn't open and the keys get bent. Same with two keyholes. They both don't achieve anything
bahahhahahaa
Is this a serious post?

ps. the anus is a hole...

voktyabreh

HSC
danthemanly said:
Think about it like this. If you have a locked door and you need to get in you use a key in the keyhole. If i bang two keys together than the door doesn't open and the keys get bent. Same with two keyholes. They both don't achieve anything
(And I do hope I'm not offending anyone's delicate sensibilities here.)

So by your reasoning (if I understand this correctly), sex is only penis/vagina intercourse, and activities such as oral and anal sex, humping, groping and the like (I'll leave that to your imagination), aren't sex or sexual?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
voktyabreh said:
(And I do hope I'm not offending anyone's delicate sensibilities here.)

So by your reasoning (if I understand this correctly), sex is only penis/vagina intercourse, and activities such as oral and anal sex, humping, groping and the like (I'll leave that to your imagination), aren't sex or sexual?
I'm pretty sure he was trolling.

BUT ZOMG YOU BLASPHEME THE CHURCH(es) BY SPRUIKING YOUR FOUL SEXUAL DEVIANCY

siii---manang1

HSC
damn ya'll.. i strongly opposed about gay marriage in our country..
first of all,, its not normal because people are playing GOD...!!!! u should be happy of who u are or what u are lolz .. another reason is that, if they allow gay marriage, it is goin to be a major influence to our society
which means .. OUR CHILDREN MIGHT TURN GAY .. :L
but hey das my opinion.. peace out!!

boris

Banned
HSC
siii---manang1 said:
damn ya'll.. i strongly opposed about gay marriage in our country..
first of all,, its not normal because people are playing GOD...!!!! u should be happy of who u are or what u are lolz .. another reason is that, if they allow gay marriage, it is goin to be a major influence to our society
which means .. OUR CHILDREN MIGHT TURN GAY .. :L
but hey das my opinion.. peace out!!
for the love of everything good, please be a troll

stazi

Nightman
HSC
holy shit! he's not a trol. bahahahahhaa. he's also one of those two kids:

he raises great points though. i know all my kids will turn gay because gay marriage will be legal. ... ...

boris

Banned
HSC
kill me now.
it's not even worth responding to or trying to rationalise

bawd

HSC
Wow. Call me naive (or ignorant, or plain stupid), but I was actually surprised that nearly 25% of people (who voted), do not support LGBT relationships. It's probably because I'm living in a school environment where LGBT people are accepted (at least by 99.8% of the school population) and when they do come out the closet, the reaction is typically "So..?" or "..and?" or "Yeah, I kinda knew."

It's also because we live in a country where discreptancies between aspects such as race and gender have been (mostly) resolved, which is probably why I expected a less than 10% support against LGBT marriages/relationships.

BTW, Homosexuality and Bisexuality is actually considered "normal" (who give me a universally-accepted definition of a normal human being?) in Australia as over 13% of the population is either homosexual, bisexual or transgendered. Note that this figure excludes those who are still closeted, so there is possibility that this number is greater.

But simply vociferously proclaiming numbers is insufficient, and perhaps sexual education should include a LGBT module so people can actually realise that every being is different and you can not expect everyone to adhere to a single facet of sexuality (Although I now know how many people/parents will object to such a notion).

Ademir

HSC
bawd said:
Wow. Call me naive (or ignorant, or plain stupid), but I was actually surprised that nearly 25% of people (who voted), do not support LGBT relationships. It's probably because I'm living in a school environment where LGBT people are accepted (at least by 99.8% of the school population) and when they do come out the closet, the reaction is typically "So..?" or "..and?" or "Yeah, I kinda knew."

It's also because we live in a country where discreptancies between aspects such as race and gender have been (mostly) resolved, which is probably why I expected a less than 10% support against LGBT marriages/relationships.

BTW, Homosexuality and Bisexuality is actually considered "normal" (who give me a universally-accepted definition of a normal human being?) in Australia as over 13% of the population is either homosexual, bisexual or transgendered. Note that this figure excludes those who are still closeted, so there is possibility that this number is greater.

But simply vociferously proclaiming numbers is insufficient, and perhaps sexual education should include a LGBT module so people can actually realise that every being is different and you can not expect everyone to adhere to a single facet of sexuality (Although I now know how many people/parents will object to such a notion).
It's likely that unacceptance of homosexuality is much higher than 25% in the general population. An educationally-oriented forum isn't a very representative source.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It's like those "I'm not racist, but..." people.

Give it some more time. There are very few people in our generation (I hope) who are homophobic, so once the old people die it'll be mostly fine.

Ademir

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Hmmm, I think there would be a large group that accept it and would never publicly condemn or vilify homosexuals, but they still have deep seated views that it is somehow wrong.
I agree. One of the flaws of this (and really, any) poll is that they don't take into account all the possibilities; they're loaded and vague. But I guess that's why we have the posts to explain our views more clearly.

I definitely think you're right though; far more than 25% of the general population believes homosexuality is wrong, even if they wouldn't persecute homosexuals. Hell, when I debate this issue with people, far more say something along the lines of "it's wrong but as long as they aren't hurting anyone let them do what they want" compared to "throw them in Auschwitz/ban it".

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The poll question doesn't make sense, so the results cannot be taken seriously.

I do not support homosexuality in australia =/= I oppose homosexual rights/agenda.

"I do not support it" could mean all sorts of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)