The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
hahaha
yeah last time it was called at our store, pretty much all our bogan workers ran to the front looking for a fight. The pros and cons of working in a westie area.
Yessssss love living out west :p ALWAYS entertaining.

greekgun

HSC
@greekgun: do you get one really tall guy who has a big container attached to his back which he puts his shopping into?
(looks SO fucking stupid, rofl)
and he wears a beanie and wears those bike pants?
he reminds me of that really tall alien guy from men in black

greekgun

HSC
do u guys get that really fat mother who has wiskers and is in one of those gokarts, who comes with her sons (which look just like her), and they smell really bad?

PyroTek

HSC
We had some dudes sticking drinks in their pants. Meat manager runs out screaming at them to stop (can't touch of course). Service manager calls a service 100, was good fun seeing everyone run. lol.

We have one STM, our SSM just left, so no SSM. Our old STM was STM/SSM at the same time!

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
If you don't, you will get ongoing negative counts.
Unfortunately negative counts are somewhat common where I work only due to the drivers now and then accidentally off loading a pallet of longlife at a store to the south of us (whom shall remain nameless). We call and ask, "did you get a pallet of ours?". And the answer is always, "Nope, haven't seen it." Why should they own up.....it's profit for them!!

Anyways, it seems as if receiving and posting of goods is a little different in some stores than in others. :D

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Say a public holiday comes up on my actual contracted day off...What am I entitled to? Day in Lieu??

yoddle

is cool
HSC
niiice. I hope for all their sakes that you guys don't get this new anti-DM movement then! Or that's a lot of high paid staff to be absorbed back into departments!!
Hey yo I think it's only for the larger stores with four managers (SM/STMX2/SSM or such combinations) because we haven't lost any duty managers at all (yay my job is safe!) and no one has said anything about it as a part of the whole belt-tightening regime. I reckon its cos we only have an SM and an SSM so therefore it would be difficult to split up all nights, weekdays and weekends between two people whilst they still have to do their respective jobs. We have like 5 duty managers in addition to all the duty trained department managers and the store managers, so....13. wow. And our stockwoman does is duty trained as well from when she was LLM.

BSammy

HSC
Say a public holiday comes up on my actual contracted day off...What am I entitled to? Day in Lieu??
As far as I know it depends on how many shifts a week are on your permanent roster.
I can't remember how many you need, but If you're full time or close to it you get a day off in lieu.

alexWOW

HSC
Just thought i might share my triumphs in the WOW systems yesterday. Ok, a customer (women) has been in earlier in the week talking to out STM because her husband received his 3 month credit statement and there was a transaction from august last year for $420.00 that they were adamant they had not made. she had been in dispute with her bank and managed to get the merchant reciept from them and came back in yesterday. meanwhile, during the week the SSM and SM had been trawling electronic journal and couldnt find anything. So she comes in and gives us the merchant copy (this was also the first i learned of the issue) and after abit of looking around my SSM said to me to have a look and see if i could find anything.

so after a while of extreme searching i managed to find the input in EJ! more than 6months ago! (all the while trying to run the service department and all 23 staff in it) i then managed to see that that card had been used to buy a wish gift card for $420.00 from our store. mystery solved right! however i was then able to get the wish gift card number off that EJ slip and search it on the gift card management website and look up the transaction history! this is where it got wierd though.. the gift card was used the very next day, in a place that is several hours drive from us! and it was the total $420... not like $409.37 or some portion but the whole amount.... wierd. so i phoned this store and got them to fax me their EJ imput for this transaction and turns out they bought 12 cartons of beer totaling exactly $420! hows that for 007 woolworths skills!

so then we speculated whether her husband maybe had a drinking problem etc etc... however after that the SM couldnt find her details.. so we are waiting fot her to come back in... but still got a nice pat on the back.. and our normal SM is on leave and we have a relief and my SSM said to me "luckily xxxxx (our normal SM) wasnt here as he would have probily just given her the $420... so true.. anyways, just shows theres always something happening at woolworths... lol.

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
1 more week then 4 weeks 3IC relief =D

So excited! CSM said I have to help him (or 2IC) do the rosters.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Just thought i might share my triumphs in the WOW systems yesterday. Ok, a customer (women) has been in earlier in the week talking to out STM because her husband received his 3 month credit statement and there was a transaction from august last year for $420.00 that they were adamant they had not made. she had been in dispute with her bank and managed to get the merchant reciept from them and came back in yesterday. meanwhile, during the week the SSM and SM had been trawling electronic journal and couldnt find anything. So she comes in and gives us the merchant copy (this was also the first i learned of the issue) and after abit of looking around my SSM said to me to have a look and see if i could find anything. so after a while of extreme searching i managed to find the input in EJ! more than 6months ago! (all the while trying to run the service department and all 23 staff in it) i then managed to see that that card had been used to buy a wish gift card for $420.00 from our store. mystery solved right! however i was then able to get the wish gift card number off that EJ slip and search it on the gift card management website and look up the transaction history! this is where it got wierd though.. the gift card was used the very next day, in a place that is several hours drive from us! and it was the total $420... not like $409.37 or some portion but the whole amount.... wierd. so i phoned this store and got them to fax me their EJ imput for this transaction and turns out they bought 12 cartons of beer totaling exactly $420! hows that for 007 woolworths skills! so then we speculated whether her husband maybey had a drinking problem etc etc... however after that the SM couldnt find her details.. so we are waiting fot her to come back in... but still got a nice pat on the back.. and our normal SM is on leave and we have a relief and my SSM said to me "luckily xxxxx (our normal SM) wasnt here as he would have probily just given her the $420... so true.. anyways, just shows theres always something happening at woolworths... lol.
Maybe add a few line breaks and I might read it :p lol

We had a 'trial' AutostockR audit today. Produce failed :p Pretty darn stupid doing an Audit on Sunday though, quite low stock levels etc. The only thing I failed on was I had empty crates with tickets, instead of putting those tickets in our out of stock ticket box and filling that space with another product.

Fucked if I can be bothered doing that.

On another note, we totally over ordered Sweetcorn, had 16 crates of the crap when I left...Knocked it right down to 30c each.

I have my first official shift in Store Room next Saturday. Then the Thursday after I'm going for my Forklift :) I was booked in for end of March, but the SM managed to score a canceled booking, which is awesome :) I am driving the Forklift at the moment but it's a requirement that I'm under constant supervision from a licensed driver. It'll be so much easier on a Saturday not having to rely on the duty manager to unload trucks.

fresh_prince

HSC
hey guys, first time poster :)

What is the process of undergoing a store transfer? I work in service, and am really, really bored and frustrated of dealing with idiot customers and the monotonous work. I spoke to my manager regarding a department change, who is just usually an angry guy, who ranted how they are overstaffed in other departments and it would take at least 6 weeks to transfer me anyway.

Whats worse is, he wants me at least 10 hours a week, (I am at school, starting my VCE, have a life) and one of these shifts has to be during the week (which infuriates me more, last thing I want to do after 6 hours at school is work 5 hours serving idiots). I've filled in for perishables and grocery once or twice, and really enjoyed them, so I am thinking of relocating to a closer store (right off the train aswell so not too much of a hassle coming from school) and just saying I have been working in perishables or grocery? Is that possible? or is there a formal process you have to do to transfer

cheers :)

bdude

HSC
Whats worse is, he wants me at least 10 hours a week, (I am at school, starting my VCE, have a life) and one of these shifts has to be during the week (which infuriates me more, last thing I want to do after 6 hours at school is work 5 hours serving idiots). I've filled in for perishables and grocery once or twice, and really enjoyed them, so I am thinking of relocating to a closer store (right off the train aswell so not too much of a hassle coming from school) and just saying I have been working in perishables or grocery? Is that possible? or is there a formal process you have to do to transfer
you want LESS than 10hours a week? gee most managers would love that

fresh_prince

HSC
I need to study, current hours are usually 5 on a Sunday, 3 on a Saturday

I know I sound like an idiot, but its how frustrated I am being in service

anyway, any help on the process for a transfer?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
There is an official process. Your SM/Department manager has to approve, you have to be interviewed by new store, and they have to find hours for you. No guarantee you will be accepted. There is a form available from the cash office or StoreNet

EDIT: And if they say one of your shifts needs to be during the week, you obviously aren't necessary on a weekend then. If you want the job, sometimes you just have to deal with what they give you.

PyroTek

HSC
(which infuriates me more, last thing I want to do after 6 hours at school is work 5 hours serving idiots
Mate, I spent 3 nights a week minimum after school at woolies. Better than homework I say!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)