Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

bdude

HSC
I had a lady come in last night with a 2L bottle of soft drink that supposedly was under the $1 price tag. I said that someone must have packed the 2L soft drinks in the 1.25L spot (which were on special for $1, and she had already bout ~5) - she wouldn't believe me so I had to call someone who went over and tried to explain that someone had packed it wrong to which she responded "that's your problem, I want it for $1" so in the end we just gave her the $1.50 off to shut her up.

It's interesting that the people with the most money seem to quibble about the smallest amounts but the people with the least don't care

CieL

HSC
I really hate rude people who are poor.

The guy came through my register reeking of alcohol and he seemed nice enough when he was talking to the lady in front of him and her baby.

When I served him he bought a loaf of bread and a soup mix which was $1.80.
He dumps $1.70 in my hand and says, "Call the police, I owe ya 10c"

If it was a regular I might trust them.. but I rarely [if ever] see this guy and don't know who he is and I know by his tone that he definately won't come prancing back to pay me.

So I was like.. "No sorry.. I can't do that.. but if you'd like to take something off.."
And at this point I was reaching for his bag so I could delete an item.. and I had my finger on the side of the bag just starting to pick it up..

Then he grabs my hand and the bag and pulls it so violently that I actually had a patch of stretched and broken plastic on my finger and he had to nerve to say, "DON'T GRAB THE BAG LIKE I'VE ROBBED YA!"
And I'm like thinking.. *dude wtf.. you are sorta robbing me because technically you haven't paid for those goods yet and you're the one snatching shit off me!*

So in the end I took the bread off and I dont know how it came to like a dollar or something and I handed him the 70c back.. and the retard snatched the coins off me again and this time he raked his nails from my wrist to my fingertips where the coins where.. like wtf?

I am seriously ready to quit where I work..
I'm starting to see more fucked up people there.. they're either really nice or really really fucked up. But I'll miss the nice ones too much.. =[

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
bdude said:
I had a lady come in last night with a 2L bottle of soft drink that supposedly was under the $1 price tag. I said that someone must have packed the 2L soft drinks in the 1.25L spot (which were on special for $1, and she had already bout ~5) - she wouldn't believe me so I had to call someone who went over and tried to explain that someone had packed it wrong to which she responded "that's your problem, I want it for $1" so in the end we just gave her the $1.50 off to shut her up.

It's interesting that the people with the most money seem to quibble about the smallest amounts but the people with the least don't care
did it say 1.25 on the tag?

cos if it does not she is entitled to it for $1

HSC
/\ Yeah but have you ever actually been in that situation where everyone knows, including them, that they're wrong, and even after the argue for 10mins with the manager they still want it for $1, you just give it to them to get them to shut up and go away.

Also I can't stand it when people don't say hi to me. I always say hi and I hate it when they ignore me. Lately I'll just say it once or twice more just for the fun of it. Yeah I get bored.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Yeah. I hate them.

I go "hi can I help you?"
They go "Drumsticks"

I'm like ... er. how much?

"....."

2k.g and the indians actually say "k-g" instead of kilo. annoys me.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
meow-says-kitty said:
/\ Yeah but have you ever actually been in that situation where everyone knows, including them, that they're wrong, and even after the argue for 10mins with the manager they still want it for $1, you just give it to them to get them to shut up and go away.

Also I can't stand it when people don't say hi to me. I always say hi and I hate it when they ignore me. Lately I'll just say it once or twice more just for the fun of it. Yeah I get bored.
do not work with customers

shakky15

HSC
i have another..

- yes, we do get paid to tidy up the store, but that doesnt mean you can just forget about courtesy and dump stock anywhere if you dont want it. don't have the nerve to look through a rack of clothes, select a piece, feel the material (particularly asians here), then when you decide you dont want it, just dump it on the floor. Especially when its obvious i can see you. please have a little dignity. im ok with it if you do it once or twice, or if you have your hands full, but seriously some of these customers go through practically the whole department this way, and it takes a while to fix it all up.

This one REALLY gets to me:
- packaged clothes, such as bonds shirts, PJ packs and underwear packs look nice when unopened. once you open them, its a real pain to fix up and it will never look as good. do NOT open a packet, unfold the clothing, then just shove it back into the package without any attempt to fold it, or worse, dump the contents on top of the packaging and leave it, PARTICULARLY if you the decide you like it, and pick up the EXACT SAME (unopened) item to buy. when you get home, im sure you take the item out of its package and throw out the packaging. the cashier isnt going to kill you if you present an opened packet of something to buy. and i wont have to deal with the abhorred task of packaging the opened item you left behind

hmm i hope that makes sense.

CieL

HSC
Please do not just take a bite out of things when you're browing around..

I rocked up to work today.. and a customer told me there was a mess in the chocolate aisle.. so I went to confect and there lay a block of chocolate with like 2 squares missing from the corner..

As I was chucking that into the boxes out back.. I came across an apricot on the ground with one bite out of it..

Seriously =.=

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Please do not just take a bite out of things when you're browing around..

I rocked up to work today.. and a customer told me there was a mess in the chocolate aisle.. so I went to confect and there lay a block of chocolate with like 2 squares missing from the corner..

As I was chucking that into the boxes out back.. I came across an apricot on the ground with one bite out of it..

Seriously =.=
those cheap bastards

mitch179

HSC
shakky15 said:
well everyone does it with the self-serve nuts lol
Not to stereotype, but Asians and grapes.
*Observation from working as a Produce Assistant ages ago*

greekgun

HSC
For customers: dont try and take advantage of workers who are like 30 secs away from clokcing off. I was doing a clearance and getting ready for the SM to count me off, wen some lady comes along and starts putting her stuff on the belt, i tell her "sorry im closed because my shift has ended, could u plz go to another register" and she says that she only has a couple of stuff (she had like 12 big packs of tolit papaer). So im about to put this through and she calls her husband who has 2 other trolleys jam packed with all these groceries and other items and starts putting them on the belt and gets narky at me when i refuse to serve her.
RAWR

HSC
greekgun said:
i tell her "sorry im closed because my shift has ended, could u plz go to another register" and she says that she only has a couple of stuff (she had like 12 big packs of tolit papaer). So im about to put this through and she calls her husband who has 2 other trolleys jam packed with all these groceries and other items and starts putting them on the belt and gets narky at me when i refuse to serve her.
RAWR
There's your problem. Even if people only have one item I refuse to put them through, I'm sure there were other customers who only had one item that did the right thing.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
There are one or two customers at work that just make my blood pressure skyrocket. These are their offences

- Don't expect me to read your mind if you have more than one problem. If I fix one issue, don't come back to me and ask if a second issue that you never raised with me is fixed as well, because odds are, it won't be. And don't give me the second degree if this is the case.

- Don't call people other than the helpdesk if something's broken. If you call an external company or someone who doesn't know our systems and they break it further, don't whine to me about how it's taking so long to fix. If you did the right thing in the first place, it would be much easier.

- When you call, at least be civil to us. Don't blame us when the issue you called about is your own stupid fault for not selecting the right print option. It's much easier if you just laugh it off as a silly mistake rather than yelling at us and saying there should be documentation on how to print.

- We have install guides for a reason. If you have trouble following the instructions, we are happy to walk you through it, but if we have referred you to the document, we are not going to do it FOR you. And don't say the dosument isn't thorough enough, because that 'issue' you had with it, noone else has had the same one. Because you're lazy and can't even see a bright green button on your screen.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
If a hear a customer pronounce Havaiana's "havanas" one more time, I will scream. Hav-ai-an-a's!!!

And don't pick up an armful of clothes off the racks and dump them in the floor of the change room once you've tried them on, while walking out with nothing ugh.

Besides that, I love my job =)

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Read signs!!!

Ok, at my work, after the shop is closed the auto doors are turned off and locked and people need to walk out the staff door if they are still in the store, the staff door is a metre from the main doors in the same large glass area. We put signs up saying "after hours exit <-----"(pointing to door) and "after hours exit" on the said staff door. Customers last week, walked past the staff door, 20 odd metres into the bedding department, down a corridor and out through an fully signed (I mean everything but flashing lights signed) fire door, with huge alarmed 24 hour signs". Alarm goes off, franchisee has to go running to turn it off..

It was almost as bad as the guy who walked out another fire door (1 metre the other side of the main doors), again it was fully signed, the main doors we're locked (it was during the day) and he had to go out of his way to go through that door. Fuckheads

While I'm having a rant, yes we are setting up for the day before 9am, it doesn't mean we open before nine (some days there are 4 or 5 groups of people just wainting for the doors to open at like 8:45! For fucks sake, what store of our type opens before 9 unless we are having a heavily advertised promotion!

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Another thought:

- This happened two days ago, when I was working 8.30 til 4.30. I was going on my hour lunch break, had my closed sign up, light turned off and was about to leave my register. Then this guy in his 50s starts loading his crap onto my register, to which I replied "sorry, I'm closed." It was starting to get a little busy, so he said "WHY would you be closing right now?" I replied, "because I'm going on my lunch break. If I don't go now, then I never will." He rolled his eyes, muttered something under his breath and kept walking.

Long story short: if I have closed up to go on my break, I CAN'T SERVE YOU. If I don't go on my break when my supervisor asks me to, then my serving you cuts into my break, or I won't get a break til heaps later. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Oh, and once again: LEARN TO READ SIGNAGE. I can't stress this enough.

nicollette

HSC
Working at Safeway has made me stereotype people so bad. Eg. If I see a scruffy looking bogan who can't string a coherent sentence together without the word 'mate' I know he's going to be a rude bastard who doesn't say hi. Asians are the cheapest people in the world, and will stare at the transaction screen intensely, and let you know they are, just so they don't get ripped off. Then they're the good looking bogans, who 9 out of 10 times come to your register to pick you up/want to have a conversation with. Then there are the indians, they're also pretty cheap, but not to the extent asians are. The Europeans (Slovakia, Turkey or wherever the fk you come from) can't speak English, I had an argument with this lady all because I didn't know she didn't want a bad for her juice and I kept thinking she wanted me to chuck the juice on the watermelon. Am I forgetting anyone else?

HSC
nicollette said:
Working at Safeway has made me stereotype people so bad. Eg. If I see a scruffy looking bogan who can't string a coherent sentence together without the word 'mate' I know he's going to be a rude bastard who doesn't say hi. Asians are the cheapest people in the world, and will stare at the transaction screen intensely, and let you know they are, just so they don't get ripped off. Then they're the good looking bogans, who 9 out of 10 times come to your register to pick you up/want to have a conversation with. Then there are the indians, they're also pretty cheap, but not to the extent asians are. The Europeans (Slovakia, Turkey or wherever the fk you come from) can't speak English, I had an argument with this lady all because I didn't know she didn't want a bad for her juice and I kept thinking she wanted me to chuck the juice on the watermelon. Am I forgetting anyone else?
In general, all people are shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)